the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic part 50

:welcome: welcome to LD4all Montecat :grouphug:
:yes: smilies really make posts come arrive :spinning:
there is a smilie topic in the playground … just don’t go overboard since some of us are still on dial up internet

hello Montecat , yes, smilies are just awesome , good Qu stocked quite a bunch of them for us to (ab?)use

:welcome: Montecat!! don’t truit it hurts! :sad: :tongue:

Getting less and less new here by the post (especially being trapped at my computer Disturbia-style with a broken foot) but have been looking for something like this for a long time and am glad to fianlly be here! First learned about lucid dreaming via Waking Life and then shortly after bought EWLD and have been trying not to wake-walk through my sleeping life ever since! Hello all novice to veteran!

:wave: hello double-o-darko, welcome to LD4all :grouphug:
I noticed you posted in the old reading circle topic. If there is an author/series of books you wish to talk about just make a topic in lounge (after checking there isn’t an existing topic already by using search :wink: ) we have the [spoiler] tag so the book can’t be spoilt for those who haven’t read it to the end yet :happy:
I hope you enjoy your time here :boogie:

I replied in the old thread some ideas… if I get some positive feedback I would be more than happy to start a new thread and moderate it (I have plenty of time now that I can’t walk). Thanks for the warm welcome! I’m addicted!
:clown:

Hi everyone, I found this recently and I think it’ll be really helpful for my LDs. A little history on me…

I’ve had some LDs over the years, and at one point I was trying to improve them and make them last longer but gave up. They haven’t been very long but I’ve flown a bit and tried changing my clothes in a mirror and making objects appear.

In my psychology class we’re starting consciousness and one kid in the class said skeptically, “how can you know you’re in a dream?” and I thought…you bet you can know! Then I realized I really wanted to start having LDs again. I read everything on this site two nights ago and had my first LD in a long time:

I was in my house and a monster was on the outside trying to get in. I was very panicky, and I locked the door with the knowledge that he was going to break in soon. I ran upstairs looking for a hiding space but some voice (mine or the monster’s) said that he would find me in all those obvious places. Then I got slightly lucid and made a trapdoor appear and went through it to safety. So yes I realized I had that control but I didn’t realize that I also didn’t have to worry about the monster, because he wasn’t real.

In the room the trapdoor led to I thought, am I dreaming?! Oh my god! It felt like I was half asleep or about to wake up. My vision was a little unclear and I saw bright colors. I was so excited and I thought of all the endless possibilities. Then it went away. My english teacher and some other guy were there and I ended my dream reading shakespeare and stumbling over all the words. I’ll be ready for you next time…

The past 2 nights I haven’t had any. I’ve been trying MILD. I’ll just keep working at it, and try to calm down and stay lucid the next time it happens.

:welcome: Welcome Midna. Good luck with your MILD attempts.

:welcome: hello Midna, welcome to the LD4all community :grouphug:

did you have the first ones naturally or after you had heard about lucid dreaming?
Being a member of a friendly forum community can really help to keep you motivated … and our members have a range of LDing abilities so there is always someone experiencing the same problem as yourself or someone who has had it in the past and found a way around it :happy:
I’m glad you got the motivation to LD back again :yay:

:welcome: to LD4all Midna and everyone else I missed :happy:

WELCOME To LD4ALL Midna and the many others that have joined pull up a chair and have FUN and dream big.

Hi Montecat

Is that like a kin trait or something. :tongue: :lol:

:welcome:

Hi Midna !

Hva fun here in playground though there are rumors that there are other forums here too

I think I had a couple brief ones on my own and looked it up or just happened across information on it…I never knew what it was. I remember being in a dream concentrating really hard to make things happen, then deciding it was better to just let it happen. This has been pretty brief though, and until I found this site I never knew about any of the induction techniques. I really want to try WILD; I’ve had the feeling of being about to fall asleep and feeling numb, but never anything like entering a dream lucid. And i’ve tried to wake myself up a couple times (unless everything was part of my dream) and I had to strain a lot, it was like trying to surface through thick black water, and I felt paralyzed. I assume this was SP.

I’m really excited to try all the methods and see if I can get any more LDs. With school every day it’s hard to change my sleep schedule, like by doing WBTB.

Hello… I LDed once, but that was in the past. I havent had any in months, but I hope that changes. :smile:

:welcome: Mutesoul!

That’s good that your somewhat familiar with LD and now you can get more info so you can have them even more! Hope you have a good time here!

Hiya Midna sorry I missed you 1st time. :smile:

Mutesoul. :smile:

I hope you both enjoy your journey to lucidity. :welcome:

:welcome: to ld4all Midna & Mutesoul …

:wave: hello Mutesoul, welcome to the LD4all community :grouphug:
Well the good thing is you KNOW you can become lucid, so you won’t have that doubt in your mind :content: So just reading up on the different methods and applying them (I recommend reading the choosing your technique topic and the links to all known techs topic in the knowledge base forum :happy: ) should help you to experience more frequent lucidity :grin:

good luck :thumbs:

Hello there, this is Knightmare King (the extra “k” makes it look more graphicky), and I am new to LD4all. Since an early age I have been interested in dreams, and often have exuded conscious control over them, despite being unaware that I was doing anything unusual. In recent years I have come to know Lucid Dreaming as a skill that can be honed and eventually perfected, and have started to do this with various techniques, such as keeping a dream journal, using self-affirmations, and generally staying in a healthy, sleep-posistive state wherever and whenever I am.
My dream bible has been Lucid Dreaming, A Beginner’s Guide, and, while I know they are cheesy and probably ineffectual, my bedside is a haven for dreamcatchers and various tarot cards that I have associated with lucid dreaming (the Fool, the Magician, the Moon).
While, internally, I am a very happy person, I maintain a meloncholy facade at all times, so when reading posts that I have written, imagaine that I am speaking a in a low, somewhat depressed but nonetheless active tone, similar perhaps to Marvin the paranoid android from The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy

My interests rarely include anything found fully in real life, and I have a particular liking for literature, Boglin puppets (ask me not) artistically minded films (not the pretensious ones, mind you), and I hate it when people abreviate on forums; I mean, WTF?
My quest in the field of lucid dreaming is to escape the rapture of real life altogether, and eventually encase myself in a Matrix-like virtual reality of my own devising, where I am hooked up to the system 24-7.
I jest, I jest! I’m really in it so that I can see my dream-love Persephone again, who is trapped in the world of my own subconscious. I ought really to have black spirals on my forum posts.
Address me in an intellectual and philosophical manner, or address me not at all!