the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic part 51

This is Part 51 of the big “Hi I’m New Here” topic. The previous part can be found here. All links to previous parts including the “shake hands” topics can be found in this post.
Keeping all the intros in one topic prevents us from having thousands of individual “hello, I’m New” topics and keeps the forum from getting cluttered up. :content: Anyone is welcome to post here :user: , new and old members. So don’t be shy :peek: , we don’t bite :wolfbite: .
(please remember to not carry on long chatspeak conversations in here, we have a wonderful private message system, chatroom and playground for that :thumbs: )

Hi everyone! I just recently became interested in lucid dreaming, so I thought I’d register here and prance about these forums to see what I can learn.

ahoyyy.
i’ve became interested in lucid dreaming/dreaming,
to discover an old side of me,
as a young kid (6-8 ) i lucid dreamed all the time.
im here to re-discover a talent
=D

:welcome: Fuzzems & Scicidesoda
Good luck Fuzzems for finding your way to lucidity :content:
And good luck Suicidesoda for re-discovering your talent! :wink:

:wave: hello Fuzzems and suicidesoda :content:

I think you will be amazed at the amount of LD information that has built up on the forum over the years. (especially look in the knowledge base forum). It is also a good idea to browse the DJ forum since some DJs can be very inspiring, there is also the first LD Collection and most interesting LD topics in that forum (they are sticky topics so are always near the top of the forum).

once you discover the technique for you, your natural LD ability should return :thumbs:

/me hopes you both experience lucidity very soon :content:

I love how friendly everyone is :content: :content:
much love.
and thank you for the greets.

:welcome: abi Fuzzems & Scicidesoda!!!

Yes we are very very nice :grin:

:help:
Yes, I’m new here but I am not new to the quest for lucid dreaming. Before I get into the meat of this question there are a few things you should probably understand. The first is that I am from a relatively rural part of Wyoming so support groups are out of the question. The other thing you should probably know is that I am a traumatic brain injury survivor of (going on) 37 years and those things that seem to work for most “normal” people don’t seem to work for me at all. What I would like to know is if it is possible for someone who is dreaming lucidly to, upon invitation, enter someone else’s dreams and help them wake up within their dreams. I’ve tried just about everything else so if there is anyone out there who would like to give this a go please let me know.

Sincerely,

Brent Braten

P.S. If it helps, the goal I have set for my first real lucid dream is to spend some time (a week or so in dream time) working with my angels/spiritual guides/etc. to solidify the ability to dream lucidly within the very structures of my soul so that no matter what happen to my physical body I will be able to control my dreams.

:welcome: hello Brent welcome to LD4all

this forum is a great support group :grouphug:

:yes: it is possible but there is probably a method that has more chance of success for you.
Setting up a tape or CD that has “you are dreaming” etc on it so that it plays at intervals during the night is more likely to break into your dream. :thumbs: and make you lucid :dream:

that is a brilliant plan :content:

I think you may like to read some topics in the beyond dreaming forum. We have topics on
shared dreaming
spirit guides
contacting spirit guides while awake

I hope LD4all really aids you in getting that first elusive LD :wiske:
/me spams the “Are you 30 years or older topic” (link in my sig :wink: ) before signing off :smile:

Hey all, I’m Slavik from the land of Down Under!

I’m relatively new to the whole ‘theories’ section of lucid dreaming and I think it’s about time I got involved in opening up about me and my experiences, and hopefully helping a lot of others on the way. I think I’m what they call a ‘natural’ at it, as I taught myself how to LD at a tender age of about 8, and have spent the past decade or so experimenting and trying to perfect the way I work with them.

I won’t go into any fine details, but I’ve managed to teach myself a few very interesting things over the years. For a while now, I have been able to LD nearly every night and have been to many places and done a lot of things! Most of them last a very long and and I’m usually in full control. I think the way that I’ve been able to do this is by always keeping a slight sense of reality in them and by avoiding a few things that I have discovered that just don’t work and put reality out of proportion (looking in mirrors, turning the lights on and off).

I find the most intense and memorable LDs for me are the ones that involve time travel. I’ve been 3 billion years in the past, 3 billion years into the future and everything in between. One of the best things I’ve learned is being able to play my favourite music albums in full from start to finish as a background sound for the LD.
Jumping into a TV Show/Video Game at my desire and acting along as if I was actually in it (Helped by mid-teen obsession with Dragonball Z which also taught me how to fly) is also fairly interesting. Sometimes I just like to explore in my LD and touch/eat things to see how closely my mind renders the sensation to that of real life.

But yeah, now I’m just drifting off lol. I’d love to be a part of many future discussions, hope that I can bring something into this great community and learn all of the interesting theories related to LDs to go along with it. Most importantly, its the first time in my life I’m ever talking about this with anyone, and can’t wait to meet other people who are as interested in all of this as I am. Thanks and see you all around :smile: !

:welcome: hello kirbzy, welcome to the forum
Did you first get your LD ability through nightmares? That seems the most common way children become natural LDers.
Since you are a natural, you may like browsing the adventure forum, it may give you a few new ideas of what to do when lucid :eh: and you could attempt all the official lucid quests we have run in the past. :grin:
If you have any theories /methods that may help others with their LDs feel free to post in the pathways or gen luc forums (depending on content).

It must be great to finally be able to discuss lucid dreaming :boogie:

OMG!!! I am so jealous!! I wish to have lucid dreams every night, but unfortunately I’m not a natural LDer, and neither am I good at practicing it either :razz:
Well, welcome Kirbzy!
I would love to hear (read) more about how you taught yourself to lucid dream and the things you have experienced, so I hope deeply that you will be starting a DJ here :smile:
:welcome:
I’m looking forward to be seeing you around.

Hiya Kirbzy Welcome to the forum!

Thanks guys!

Now that you mention it moogle, I think you have a great point and just made me realize it. At a very early age (4 - 5) I learned how to wake up from nightmares at will, and I think that was the first sign. I can remember even sometimes going straight into false awakenings instead of actually waking up when trying to avert nightmares.

I will certainly start a DJ, but is it ok if I don’t make it a day to day writeup of my dreams, but rather a fairly detailed description of my journey to this point? Then maybe write up some of my favourite dreams of all time?

insert neon ‘Hi!’ sign here

I’ve had one lucid dream before, when I was just 3 or 4 and I didn’t pay much notice to it. I’ve tried to learn to do it regularly, and I’m getting close with one semi-lucid dream so far.

Hey everyone

I just joined last night and have been checking out the other threads and I have to say wow. This site is amazing. Loads of information. I am not new to the idea of lucid dreaming. I had my first lucid dream unintentionally about a year ago and though it didn’t last for long, it was probably one of the most amazing and interesting experiences I have ever had. Since then I have been reading books and articles online, I even went a spiritualist community near my home town in an effort to learn more. I am surprised that I didn’t find this site sooner. Sadly I have not been able to recreate what happened to me that night and I am looking for a way to successfully wake up inside a dream for longer and hopefully many more times. I hope I can find it here.

Dan

:welcome: Hi Halliwheeled :smile:
Here, I’m sure you will find the information and motivation it takes to have many more lucid dreams, and I wish you the best of luck :happy:

:yes: but make a mention at the top of the first post that LDs will be posted in the DJ so that it isn’t mistakenly moved to pathways :content:

will this do :wink:

:wave: hello Hunter X welcome to the forum :grouphug:
I’m curious now about that first lucid dream :eh:
We do have a big my first LD Collection in the DJ forum or The Earliest Dream you remember topic in the stuff forum :grin: hint hint :smile:
Good luck with your lucid quest since you have had a semi-lucid dream already, you are doing well :happy:

:wave: hello halliwheeled, welcome to LD4all :grin:
My first LD was very short too … just long enough to realise it was a dream :bored:

:yes: lucid dreams are awesome … the upside of not being natural LDers is that we really appreciate every lucid experience :yay:

I always say if I have been able to have LDs (I always miss dream signs and think of logical reasons for weird stuff in dreams :tongue: ) anyone can have LDs :boogie:

:welcome: Everybody to the forums :happy:

welcome newbies! :content:

WOOOOOOT more new members WELCOME aboard