the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic part 51

Hey! im new here, ive had a few ld’s and i have started a dj here on ld4all. The thought of becoming lucid has been a quest for me for a long time… i never knew about it but my life has been pretty bad lately and its just what ive needed. Thank you Lucidity :happy: And thanks ld4all! Love the Website!

:welcome: Buddah Luddah & Underminded!! :happy:

Greetings, everyone! I’m Five, a 20-year-old college student. I’ve had a few LDs before, and have been looking into how to have them more often. I’ve also been trying to log my dreams, so I think I’ll be starting a dream diary here soon. :smile:

:wave: hello Buddah Luddah, Underminded and Five :grin:

We have a big remembering dreams topic in the stuff forum with tips on how to improve dream recall … I really recommend starting a DJ if you haven’t done so already :content:
Good luck on your lucid quest :thumbs: MILD plus WBTB seems to give the best results :happy: … WILD is good but sometimes can result with losing sleeping time :cry:

:happy: Underminded … I thought you were here to welcome the new folk at first … you feel like a regular member to me already :content: since I have been following your DJ. :hugs:

Five, it’s good to see you were so quick at starting the DJ :smile: I look forward to watching your LD frequency go higher :happy:

hi i am new here. i have been experiencing lucid dreams for a while. i hope to learn more about controlling them better. and how to stay dreaming and not wake up! lol

ps i would like to talk to someone about why im always moving in slow motion in most of my lucid dreaming. i think i have sleep paralysis. anyone know about this and how this is tied to lucid dreaming? pm if you know anything about this thanks

:welcome: hello logan09876, welcome to the forum :smile:
We do have a big topic about SP in the stuff forum (link) but this is for the SP you feel just before going to sleep or upon waking.
IMO the SP is probably leaking through into the dreams due to be being aware at some level to the SP we all experience while dreaming. If you use the search button, you will probably find quite a few topics on moving slowly or feeling paralysed in dreams.

I hope you enjoy your time spent at LD4all :grouphug:

:welcome: to the most awesome LD board in the net logan !:yes:

Hey all, this is to be my first post on this forum.

I am fairly inexperienced with lucid dreaming; having had only one particularly successful lucid dream, and a second which ended abruptly upon reaching lucidity.

I enjoy a wide range of mental excersizes, from complex math/logic/philosophy analysis to hypnosis, meditation, and… you guessed it… dreaming!

Hopefully this site will be a good reasource for me to gain experience and share my own.

PS: Is there a spell checker at my disposal? My usual forums include spell checking and having not found one here I am feeling somewhat self conscious :neutral:

:welcome: Five, logan09876, and Drug Freedom!

hey there DF :wave: :happy: hope you like it here … mmh , i always use FF’s pwn spellchecker …

Welcome ! hope you enjoy ld4all like everybody :happy: ld4all is the best place for your LD experiences! :happy:

Hey everyone, I’m new to the foums.
My real name is Ethan, you can call me that for short or by my user name (Ethanescence). I don’t mind either way. :happy:

I’ve been getting to know LD4all and I’m really liking the community here.
Everyone is extremely helpful and nice.

So thanks for welcoming me, and thanks again to everyone who’s been kind to me so far here. :smile:

Edit: By the way, I’m really interested in helping with some dreaming tests and the lab, so I’m going to try and see if I can help out with the testing in that part of the forum in the next couple of days.

:welcome: Ethan!
Good thing that you found a place where you want to be active in :happy:

:wave: hello Drug Freedom and Ethan, welcome to LD4all :grouphug:
Drug Freedom, I hope you take the time to post your previous successful LD in our “My First LD Collection” topic in the dream journal forum (link)

if your browser doesn’t have a spell checker, you could always compose any long posts in Word first in order to catch any spelling errors :content:
so don’t let the lack of a spell checker put you off posting :wink:

/me gives ethan a large piece of cheese :grin:
I’m glad the lab has gone more informal again :content: … so if you do come up with a good idea for an experiment it is now easier to commence the experiment :grin:

Hey. I’m brand new (new user smell and everything) 'round these parts. I’ve heard a lot about lucid dreaming, but only recently discovered it’s something that can be actively aimed at. I’ve never been lucid in a dream before, but this place seems to offer a lot of advice. This place seems mighty helpful.

Hmm, guess this is the place to say hi, what up everybody. I’m Stapps and come from another dreaming community (my own now, since it’s my forum) and I come looking for a place to hide essentially. I’m giving up the fight with that place, it’s just tearing me apart. So alas here I grace this place, hope to get to know you all. If you’re curious about me, wanna know anything, send me a PM, I’ll answer anything within reason.

Hi Everybody! :wave:

Nice to meet you all and I hope you enjoy yourselves on this, the greatest LD site of our time!

The Playground is fun if you have one of those quirky sense of humours that i’ve heard so much about. Otherwise there are really very interesting topics to be had and experiments to run. I can honestly say that I think there is something for everyone.

I’m Angelmouse, you’ll see me about here and there sticking my nose in,passing the odd comment. Feel free to say ‘HI’ :colgate:

Welcome! I’m pretty new, too. :smile: I’ve only had a couple LDs since I joined, but it’s definitely been helpful in controlling them better. I used to always freak out and try to escape form my dream once I realized I was dreaming, and I haven’t freaked out once!

:welcome: hello omnifreak and Stapps, welcome to LD4all :grouphug:

:smile: just choose the technique that seems to suit you and sooner or later you will have had your first LD :yay:
Have a look in our knowledgebase, there is a choosing your technique topic and a topic that lists and gives links to all known techniques :happy:
Keeping a dream journal really helps you to spot your dream themes, so i hope you decide to start an online one in our DJ forum :thumbs:

Stapps, I hope you enjoy being a LD4all member.

It is always a difficult decision to know when to walk away. :hugs: But eventually it will feel like a weight has fell from your shoulders :content:

Thank you Moogle I appreciate the kindness, it means a lot