the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic part 52

Hi ! Well, I come from the French LD4All. My real name’s Alexa, and I’m 17 years old. I’ve had a LD (with very poor lucidity) before, although I woke up instantly. Then I heard about LD, and really am interested in it :smile:
Sorry for my english, not that it’s that bad, but I lack vocabulary a lot).

Welcome to the other side Alexa ! :smile:

:wave: hello Predaliendog … looks like you will have to do some groundwork on your dream recall first :eh: We have a big remembering dreams topic in the Stuff Dreams are made of… forum. Just deciding you want to remember your dreams can often cause you to start recalling them :smile:
/me wishes you luck on your LD quest :thumbs:

:welcome: that is exactly how I started out :content:
I think it really helps if you have had some experience of being lucid before you find out about it … since then you know you can do it, so there is no doubt :happy:
Your signature made me smile :grin: it’s so true :wink:

WELCOME ALEX130 :welcome: :partying_face: :grouphug: :beer: enjoy your time here at LD4all (and enjoy the smilies too :grin: )

I wanna welcome Alex130 to the english side of LD4ALL too :happy:
:wlecome:
(And that signature is just so true)

Hehe, thanks :smile:
By the way, when dreaming, I keep thinking “Hm, that’s strange, it’s not supposed to be like that” when something is not likely to happen/impossible out of a dream, but I end up not paying attention to strange things, even though I notice them for a short while. How come I don’t realise it’s a dream when I see that something is clearly wrong ?

If we had the answer to that then we would get lucid dreams every night :razz:
Ever since I found out about lucid dreaming I’ve gained more consciousness in my dreams. These days I always know for sure that nothing is real, though I’m not lucid. So I guess it’s a common thing, and if you take advantage of it and really develope this, you can and will have lucid dreams frequently.

:welcome: I’m not telling & Alex130!!!
Please enjoy your stay here! :happy:

I’m no good with introductions, never know where to start XD

anyway, I’m actually posting something now. I joined some time that is different from this moment, but completely forgot because I had to reformat my hard drive shortly after and lost my bookmarks which I forgot to back-up.

lesse…info. I’ve had (or perhaps remembered) four LD’s, three since I learned what exactly Lucid Dreaming was. All really low awareness though. In my most recent I had to keep a pocket in the back of my mind actively reminding myself I was dreaming.

I’m here mostly to learn from and (hopefully) eventually contribute to the community here.

How about techniques…ahm, I tend to lean torward MILD, and won’t have anything to do with WBTB or WILD since it takes me a LONG time to fall asleep. If I fall asleep for that matter.

well that kind of ended on a sour note. =.=;

:wave: hello Massyr welcome to LD4all :grouphug:

and now you have found your way back to us :yay:

I notice that you have begun a dream journal already :boogie: it would be good if you posted these 4 LD experiences into your topic :content: (even if it is only short summaries by now due to forgetting some details)

I’m in the same position with WILD, but i intend to try sometime when I’m really tired :grin: … probably with the FILD variation of it since that method doesn’t keep you awake. But WBTB is good … though I do utilise natural waking up for it and so don’t use an alarm clock :smile:

I hope you don’t lose your bookmark for LD4all again and that you enjoy your time spent here :smile:

Hey, my name is Chris and I’m from Croatia.
I found about LD last summer, had 4 LDs and got bored
after a couple of weeks.
Anyway I decided to dive into this stuff again with
much more determination. I hope I’ll end my dry spell
soon.
Cheers! :beer:

Predaliendog,

What changed?

Welcome all

Rich

good luck Chris,

Passion kills the dry spell and the better you get the less bored you will get, remmeber you can do whatever you want, cant get too bored of that too quick, well not after 4 anyway

Good luck

Thanks

I actually got bored with writing the dream journal.
Which killed my dream recall and eventually my
motivation.

:welcome: Massyr & Chris_18!!
Good luck to you guys getting back into lucid dreaming.

Hi there folks just dropping bye to say hello and introduce myself to the community.
I’ve been into philosophy for quite awhile now, meditating and practising martial arts, which, long story short; lead me on the practise of being a Psychonaut.
Since I’m relatively new to Psychonautics, I thought a good start would be lucid dreaming.
A little story about my introduction to LD… when I was very, very young, around 5ish maybe even younger, I used to have a reoccurring nightmare many times every single night. So one time I must have had enough and tried to concentrate on blacking it out….to my surprise I had woken up! Now I still kept on having the nightmare for a couple of weeks, but as time went on I was progressively able to just easily wake up at any time I wished, even to the point that I’d wake myself up just before the scary part. From then on I’ve been able to control most of my dreams, materialising objects, flying neo style and of course waking up.
So what I hope to accomplish is greater levels of LD, of which I’m following the exercises on here and ultimately achieve an OBE or shared dreaming. Sorry for the long post, I just hope to be a help to this community!

:welcome: Telos!
Good thing that you are so eager to learn how to LD more! :grin:

:wave: hello Chris, welcome to LD4all :grin:
You mentioned that you found keeping a DJ boring. As long as you spend the same amount of time recalling your dreams, you can get away with not actually writing them down … just write down the key themes in a notebook. But I really recommend writing down all your LDs otherwise the memory of them will eventually fade away :cry:

:welcome: welcome to the forum Telos :happy:
The good thing about being part of a LDing forum is that you are able to exchange experience and ideas … so you are able to develop better LDing abilities and have a n outside source of ideas of what to do in your LDs that you may not have thought of all by yourself :content:

Yo im superdud3 im new to LD4all and so far i can say that this is the best site i may have ever seen. :grin:. so far i havent had a lucid dream yet :sad: , nun the less I shall prevail :content: so thats my big Hi so ill see you around :cool:

Hello superdud3
/me gives you a big welcome

I look forward to reading about your first LD in the near future :boogie: