the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic part 52

Hey! I’m also new here. I’m 16 years old, male and its a long story how I found this forum. I have an interesting but annoying psychiatric disorder called Depersonalization/Dereallization. It’s like your whole life feels like a (very lucid) dream. It only afflicts the apperception, so I’m not a psycho or something :wink: and I live a normal life, in fact nobody really knows about it^^
so i was in a forum about dp/dr and just saw a thread with related movies (like the one here) and I read about “waking life”. I watched the film and found the idea of being aware in a dreaming very interesting, so i googled it and finally found this forum. the fun thing is that the RCs i read about here make me always sure that i’m not dreaming, so its very good to fight the disorder. i also better see the differences between a real dream while LDing and RL.

I wrote down my first LDs in this thread.

cya :peek:

welcme telos chris & LD 42/7 … :wave:
enjoy your time here

Hi everybody

I am Hendrik from the Netherlands, I am interested in dreaming and had some lucid dreams as a child. I didnt know that there was a name for it and so when i discoverd it i get to study it and sometimes i try to get lucid.

I will not post very much here,I will read more.

:welcome: superdud3, LD 42/7 & Hendrik!
Good thing that you all found this site! :happy:

:wave: hello LD 24/7 and Hendrik welcome to the LD4all community :grouphug:

that is very useful :grin: it’s a win/win situation … you either become lucid or confirm it is waking life and so safeguard yourself from doing anything while thinking it’s a dream.
We have a lot of topics on various films and books etc in the lucidity centerstage forum :happy: … you may like to browse in there and get some ideas for other films you may like to watch :content:

Have you joined the dutch LD4all forum too?

It’s good to read the topics to find out lots of information :smile: but don’t be too reluctant to post :user: in topics if you have something interesting to add to the discussion :content:

Yes I hve joined the dutch forum first, but now i also wanted to explore this forum :smile:

:welcome: Hendrik to the International forum!

Yo yo yo yo yo, pop a 40 and check ya rollies.

Cookie for the one who gets the reference.

Anyway, yeah randomness. :happy:
I’m new. Just thought I’d say hi. Loving this place so far.

EDIT: After being registered for a couple of hours I finally noticed that I made a huge typo in my profile. I’m 17, not 22. :tongue:

:welcome: NewReality! You’re only five years off :razz:

:wave: hello NewReality welcome to the forum :happy:

:welcome: Hi there NewReality :happy: If women can ‘reduce’ 5 years of their age, you can add 5 to yours :razz:

well I really am 666 years old :tongue:

'Hi, I’m new here!" haha. I’m Prue =]

More like 6,66 :yes:

Welcome to the forum KillTheCamera… (But I like my camera :confused:)
:welcome:

:welcome: to LD4all KillTheCamera!!!

:peek: Hi there! Just another on the Quest for Lucidity… ^^ :cool:

Hi, since I’m new here i suppose I should post here too! Not much to say except that I read about LDs and it seemed interesting so I researched them on Wikipedia which led me here. Not managed to have one yet, but I’ve only been trying for four nights, so Im hoping there is still hope! I’ve also started up a dream journal on here to record my NDs.

jsf

Hi jsf!! :welcome:
Welcome to the forum :smile:
You’ll have a lucid dream in no time, trust me ^^ I hadn’t had a single one either when I first joined :smile:

Thanks for the warm welcome and the encouragement :smile:

:wave: hello Viktorius welcome to LD4all. It’s difficult to be ‘just another on the quest’ since once you start posting, you get drawn into the friendly community :grin:
I hope you decide to keep a DJ in our DJ forum to record your progress :wiske:

:wave: hello jsf :happy: hope you enjoy your time here. I have already read the first post in your new DJ :content:

4 nights is still just starting out :content: and I am very confident that you will become lucid :happy: