the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic part 55

:welcome: apoca and SD (sweet dreams :cool_raz: )

:grouphug: indeed, here we all are friends :tongue:

Greetings all! I’ve joined the LD4all ranks in order to learn, observe, and eventually, better myself through LD. :content: I’m 19 and live in the U.S., currently a student with hopes of becoming a Psychology and Philosophy major. Kind of stumbled upon this website while doing some research on LD and found this community quite appealing. Though I have not yet become Lucid in any of my dreams I have the determination to keep on truckin’!

:welcome: to LD4all

:welcome: !

Psychology and philosophy, eh?
You can get a lot of experience in that from lucid dreaming. Lucid dreaming is a look into the human mind, YOUR mind. :happy:
You can see things that your subconsious is directly showing you. It can be a real learning experience and a time to fly around and have fun! :content:

Good luck getting lucid, it’s 100 times easier with motivation. :smile:

… and I had got used to your original name :cry: but I’m sure i will soon get used to the new version :content:
I hope you enjoy your time on LD4all :spinning:

I think it would be impossible not to make friends on LD4all :tongue: It’s good to see you have already begun a LD4all DJ - it will definitely help to keep you motivated etc :grin:

I don’t think you have posted your first LD yet? It would be great if you started an online DJ with it or posted it into the big my first LD collection topic … or even both :boogie: :tongue:

We are irresistable :wink:
Good luck with your lucid quest :thumbs:

:peek: /me rushes off to watch TV

Hello all, I’m not really new to LD’ing, but I’m a novice at it. I’ve had a handfull in the past ten years, and I have just recently started a DJ in the attempt to get lucid. It took about two weeks, but I had a LD a few nights ago. Every LD I have ever had I just fly I’ve probably had about five or so. I have had one OBE and I believe I’ve been in the astral planes a few times. I have questions, but I have only visited this forum a few times and tried to get to know my way around. I’m going to use the search feature to get a few questions answered. The one thing I’m most interested in is extended LD’s that last a week or so, or even just days. I have questions about that. Mine have never been longer than ten minutes, so I can’t imagine. Are there people who are awake 100% of the time betwen waking life and dream life? I can’t imagine how awesome that would be, and how it would work on the psyche as far as sleep is concerned. I’m not very computer literate, so it will take me a while to figure out how to use all the functions…try to bare with me. I look foreward to meeting everybody. Long live the dreamers!!!

Hey welcome zeneyes!! :welcome:

Are you planning to start a DJ here on the forum? It’s always fun to read others’ dreams.

And you’ve had OBEs?? Perhaps you can tell me about that sometime? I’m currently trying to induce them. Not going so well. >.>

Anyway, you are off to a great start with the DJ and all! Keep it up! :smile:

:welcome: zeneyes, a lot of people finding this site :boogie:

That means a lot more LD’s to read, right mog?

:welcome: to LD4All! Lucid dreamers unite! :happy: :ld4all:

Well I have a DJ already. I plan on posting it on this forum…i’ve just been getting a feel for the forum manners and such. I keep my DJ on my desktop, so I write it as it comes without sensoring it. I don’t want to offend anybody. Does one have to worry about that on their DJ?

As far as the OBE is concerned I would be happy to tell you what I know. I have only had one full blown OBE. I was conscious for the entire thing from start to finish…it was ten years ago, but it’s still the most vivid/real thing I have ever experienced. At the time I was an atheist hell bent on defining my existance with pure logic/reason in the scientific context…consciousness was nothing more than chemical reactions and electrical potentials in my brain. The OBE changed that.

Since I have only had partial OBE’s, like my arm will leave, and I can see it. Once I rolled out of my body, but it only lasted a few seconds. The best reading material I can offer you is Robert Bruce’s “Astral Dynamics.” He has his own website too. I met him in RL a couple of years ago at an OBE seminar. He’s one of those people whom have very large gravitational pull for seekers if you know what I mean. Very spiritual being. If your interested I would be happy to continue relating my experiences in this area. I’m not sure with etiquette if I should PM you or what. I’m still working on my five posts so that I can do that sort of thing. I don’t want to post three more random posts just to get my five post status…so I suppose my fingers are tied with respect to PM for a few more posts. :cry:

:welcome: hello zeneyes welcome to LD4all :grouphug:

As a general rule, anything that happens in a dream is ok to post. It is possible to ‘hide’ 18 rated stuff within spoiler tags or you can put a small warning above the dream … so members don’t read something accidently.
I’ve been modding the DJ forum for ages now and I think we have only had to act on dream content a couple of times at most (I remember just one).
The beyond dreaming forum is the place for OBE talk :content: so you could find an existing topic or if there is none suitable begin a new one there :grin: or you could use private messaging … depending what you prefer :content:

I hope you enjoy your time here :happy:

hi everyone, Ive been wandering around lately and decided to register… I’m not new to lucid dreaming… Im 23 years old and started practicing at 13 years of age… sadly, I havent done any techniques for quite some time, so it’s been quite some time since I’ve had lucid dreams, but I really want to get back into it, hopefully this forum will help me, and Im sure I can help others with all the knowledge I’ve gathered through so many years and experience.

anyways, this is a great great site, I’m so happy a place like this exists for us lucid dreamers.

bye

:welcome: transl, :yes: this site is gonna help you, there are lot of tips and tutorials and starting a DJ helps too, try to find the best methods for you and good luck.

I’m only here because pasQuale told me to. Hi! :razz:

I’m new to the site, but not new to lucid dreaming.

Well, :welcome:

So you came here because of Q :confused:

I hope you are gonna like this site and stay, good luck with the LD’s.

We attended an online dreaming conference together, and that’s when she asked me to join the site.

I’m sorry if I came off as rude. :sad:

Hey! So you dared to come in and take a look now? :happy: Welcome! :hugs:

I hope you will feel at home :smile:

Ghostie just can’t believe that someone knows me :tongue:

:wave: hello transL :grin:

so if you only started practicing at 13 … how did you come to find out about LDs?

/me wonders if you had come across the earliest incarnation of LD4all :eek:

if you remember your first LD, you could post it in The Big My First LD Collection in the dream journal forum :boogie:

don’t forget to begin a DJ in there too if you wish :smile:

:wave: hello Luminous :smile:

:lol: yes, sounds like Q :happy:
I hope you find lots of interesting topics and don’t forget to delve into the LD4all archives too :wink:

I hope you both enjoy your time on LD4all :grouphug:

Hi and welcome luminous :cool: it is good to see another norwegian face here, see you later in chat! :cool_laugh:

Hello,
Just another newcomer :smile:
I’m absolutely new to lucid dreaming (well, I’ve known about it for some years, but never tried to become lucid because I didn’t realize the possibilities) and haven’t had an LD so far. I’ve started to write a DJ, but since I only started two days ago, and I only could remember fragments of my dreams, there’s not much in it yet.
I’ve just discovered this site, and I hope I shall find some advice here :happy:
Have a nice day (and night)
Christoph