the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic part 58

hello my names brandon and well i saw the topic of lucid dreaming on yahoo today, went to this sites info page, read every inch of it and now im going to try to lucid dream, im just starting today, and i wish to look forward to sleeping every night

:welcome: welcome to the LD4all community Shetiger, I hope you enjoy your time here :grin:

*takes a deep breath, while thanking yahoo for the link :boogie: *

:wave: hello Eric N, dodgerphreak, acexxaced, vlinder, kadja, nacholady, dlerium81 and Brandon
[center][/center]

Eric N

I’ve teleported in two LDs … you may like to read them, they are in my Lucid Leap topic (link in my signature).
Good luck with the teleporting, it’s always great when we manage to use a new skill in a LD :smile:

dodgerphreak

My first LD was an instant wake-up one too :tongue:
If you are prone to FAs, you should get into the habit of doing some RCs everytime you wake up. :content: It should get you some easy LDs :wiske:

acexxaced
I recommend reading the knowledgebase forum … especially the “How to Choose Your Technique” - By Treader and Links and short descriptions to all new and known techniques.
Reading The BIG “My First LD” collection- Part V and Your Most Interesting LD may give you some inspiration. :grin:

vlinder you may like to visit Lucidity Centerstage … there are a lot of books, movies etc that are related to LDing in that forum. It’s great to have you here. I believe there may be some Castaneda topics in the beyond dreaming forum… just use the search feature :wink:
Ahh here’s a good one if you’ve read The Art of Dreaming by Carlos Castaneda and Castaneda’s View Of Dreams

Kadaj
it’s great that you have had a LD already, once you read up on the techniques, you should experience many more.

(have to go to church now … but I will be back)

Hi guys… im new here nd just wanted to say ive had several lucid dreams thorughout my lifetime but never even knew what i was doing was common. I would tell my mom and friends and they’d all think i was just making it up that i could control my dreams. Can’t wait to share my experiences.

:wink:

Hey my name is David (obviously) and Im new. Like the site so far and looking forward to having my first lucid dream.

Hi, I am Christopher, lucid dreams really interest me, so I decided to try it out. I have experiences like an LD, but I don’t know if you can technically call them LD’s because although I knew I was dreaming, I couldn’t really control my dream. I just started a DJ, and I am looking forward to my first LD. Hopefully this may bring me closer to God, and give me a new understanding of Him.

(continued)

nacholady
hello sarah, we have a Love in dreams topic in the stuff forum. It shows that these dreams are often bitter-sweet :meh:

dlerium81

:smile:

Sounds like you could use this method to incubate LDs through MILD. You may like to look up the VILD topic too. Part I and part II (read the very first post for the method)

/me points to the stuff forum … we even have a nightmare DJ in there :wink:

Brandon

Don’t forget to read the topics in the knowledgebase too. :content:
Good luck, hope you get a LD soon :smile:

:wave: hello mandi15 and David83, welcome to the LD4all community :grouphug:

mandi15
David :welcome: I hope you continue to enjoy the forum in the years ahead :content:
Good luck with your lucid quest :grin:

David83

If you really KNOW that you are dreaming then they are LDs. But I am sure you will be able to have controllable LDs too soon enough :happy:

That is a great goal and a tremendous way to make each LD a form of prayer. :content:

Hello all, I’m Mack. I recently read the post on the Yahoo main site as many people have and I was introduced to Lucid Dreaming by it. Not surprisingly I had never heard of Lucid Dreaming, and I now have a strong feeling like I’ve been missing out on a lot. The idea of LD is amazing to me. I’ve spoken to friends and family about LD and they already had an idea of it, where as i have always thought LD to be impossible. This being said, I’m a LD virgin and hope to have my first soon! :smile:

I have been studying psychology in college and came across hypnotism and the strengths of the human subconscious. Sleep and dreaming were always an interesting subject and I’d love to know and learn more about anything I can.

hey all!

i’m skyler. after reading for a while, i decided i want to put some effort into LD. i spent alot of my time playing guitar/writing music and hope i can find some inspiration through LD.

I’ve had an interest in LD for a very long time, but didn’t have luck with it before. After taking a psychology class about consciousness, I was heartened by hearing about other people’s experiences with LD. I often have near-lucid dreams, where I am an omnipresent person who will reason out and re-arrange the storyline trying to make more sense of it, so I just want to make the finally leap into LD.

I’ve had a lot of fun poking around here, and I’m going to eventually start a DJ. Hopefully as summer gets further under way, I’ll have some luck.

Woa! :wow: I just leave ld4all for 2 days and we get a bunch of new members :cool:

:welcome: everyone :grouphug: I hope you all will like this place :thumbs:

I like it a lot already. It’s a good place, so much discussion to read!

hey everyone, im jon
im new here too. im only 16, but LDs seem like they really can add new perspective to personal problems i’ve been having latly.

:welcome: jon to ld4all, Im glad you find some use to your LD’s :wink:

You might want to lurk in Lucid Adventures and find new ways to use LD’s on :woo:

hello!

i’m new here and enjoying all the topics! i hope to have many many lds and have had a slight ld the other night- i posted it in the dream journal :happy:

i hope to use my dreams as inspiration for writing as that’s what i love to do and most of my dream journal’s that i post will most likely be in story format. i also hope to gain control of my dream world as sometimes i have really aweful, horrible, terrible, scary nightmares and i need to learn lucidity to gain control of them.

wish me luck!

:welcome: to ld4all buttrfli, I hope youll find more ways to explore your LD’s, maybe through Lucid Adventure forum :grin:

As you wish, good luck :razz:

hello there Butterfli! Feel welcomed on this forum. its great and your dreaming will improve! :cheesy:

Vlinder I was on Amazon.com the other day and came across this book I am going to order it, what did you think of it?

:welcome: to all the new people! I hope you all enjoy the site. I have fallen in love with it, it’s so nice to be able to talk to people about LD’s and get feed back and be taken seriously. After a while this site begins to feel like a little family! ENJOY! :wiske:

hello, I’m Steve, or “WTFA54” as it says roughly 3 inches to the left. I’ve currently yet to experience a lucid dream, but I hope that perhaps in becoming a contributing member of this forum I’ll have a breakthrough soon. To be honest, I actually planned to just mooch off the wonderful resources available without ever joining, but when I found out that the art section required that you be logged in, I was compelled to register. :wink:

:wave: hello mackdog, skyjordan17, Deusabscondidum, theycallmejon247 and buttrfli :happy:
welcome to the LD4all community :grouphug:

mackdog

It’s a shame that people don’t talk about dreaming as an every-day subject. Apparently my mum told my elder sister she could change dreams due to bad dreams … but had never thought to tell me (not fair :tongue: ).

You may like to see if you can get your hands on a copy of “Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming” by Stephen Laberge. They may have one in the college library. :content:

skyjordan17

If you upload the results, you could post links to it in Garden of Creation or Fruits of Lucidity, we would love to hear the compositions that you create.

Deusabscondidum
:smile: A second welcome to the forum :happy:
It was fun to read the forum dream produced by your LD4all browsing :smile:

Even your ‘normal dreams’ sound fun. :content:

jon

:content: It’s possible to explore ideas and/or ask DCs and dream objects questions.
… and what’s wrong with just simple LD fun :yay:

buttrfli

I liked the way you told the dream … good writing but it felt natural.

Hope you all enjoy your time spent on LD4all and I look forward to getting to know you all. :smile:

Hai, I’m new 'round these parts. My interest in lucid dreaming is completely spontaneous. It sounds pretty cool, though, and my goal for the summer is to be able to lucid dream at will frequently enough. Tonight will be my 4th attempt. Wish me luck. XD