the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic part 58

Hey there, I’m Suzi. :content:

I first learned about lucid dreams a few years ago, and since then I’ve had short ones every once in a long while. My interest in LDs has grown again just recently, so I thought I’d join all of you here, maybe learn some more neat stuff about this neat subject. :tongue: I actually signed up a few days ago, but didn’t get around to posting until now ^_^;

Actually, I think I’m getting better already! I had a pretty good LD last night as far as level of lucidity goes, though it didn’t last as long as I would have hoped. ^_^; Oh well.

Anyway, it’s good to be here, and I’m looking forward to hanging out and learning lots with all of you. :slight_smile:

–Suzi

Welcome, all new members! :razz:
I hope you all find the people on this forum to be as friendly as I have found them. :smile:

Hi Dreamers ! :smile: So pleased to have found this site ! I have just completed an LD course here in London, and finding this site is JUST AMAZING ! I’m new to posting on forums too, hope I didn’t gaff. Look forward to much reading and discussion. Best of luck all with the LD.

:wave: hello theSilverSuzi and starquin, welcome to LD4all :grouphug:

:smile: they will get more stable and longer with practice. I presume you have read about using commands - eg more lucidity - during the LD. Rubbing your hands together helps to stabilise the dream too :content:

starquin. what was the LD course? And don’t worry about being new to forums, this is a nice friendly forum :content:
/me has a feeling your name will be changed to starQuin :smile: aka pasQuales nick :wink:

I hope you both enjoy your time here :happy:

Thanks for moving my post, and reassurance. The course was run by a great chap called Charlie Morley, who has studied with Rob Nairn. It was weekly, 8, learning all the main techniques for future use, plus a lot of interesting peripheral info and discussion. No LD yet, but I’m very pleased to have discovered my dreamworld. BTW I’m having difficulty finding this thread, please advise. Thanks.

I’ve cracked the thread issue, I think !

starQuin is fine, I’d be honoured !

To find topics you have posted in … you can click ‘view my posts’ at the top right of the index page or click on your name and view all your posts from there. is that what you were asking? By the way feel free to pm me or any of the moderators here :smile:

Ahh, the shortcuts ! Thanks. And for offer of PM. When should one PM rather than public post ?

:welcome: dalai dreamer, silversusi and starquin to ld4all :grouphug:

Well, what can I say? moogle has already given you good advices :tongue:

I laughed when I read this :rofl: of course you wont lose karma :grin:

Whenever theres something that doesnt involve everyone on the forum :wink:
[mod]… and don’t worry about it :wink: :moogle: [/mod]

Greetings ld4all. My name is Jeremy; this is my first post.

I’ve been interested in lucid dreaming ever since I saw the film Waking Life (directed by Richard Linklater, highly recommended), which was approximately 6 months ago. I’m no expert - in fact, I’m fairly inexperienced - but I’ve read some of Stephen LaBerge’s writings, and some online guides, so I’m pretty familiar with the concept of lucid dreaming and the basic induction techniques.

After maintaining a dream journal for several weeks and not being able to achieve lucidity, I grew discouraged and stopped trying. A recent re-viewing of Waking Life inspired me to give it another try, being more patient this time around.

So, I’ve been keeping a dream journal for the past 3 days. Last night, I had my very first lucid dream. It was exciting, yet disappointing, as shortly after I realized I was dreaming I woke up.

I won’t go into any more detail here. Apologies if you find this introductory post verbose. Just wanted to say “hi.”

:welcome: jermd1990 to ld4all :grouphug:

Congrats on your first LD :yay:

And have fun in this forum :happy:

Thanks, Ghostie. :woo:

I’ve been browsing. Looks like an interesting forum. Lots of stimulating conversation. I’m glad I joined.

:wave: hello Jeremy, welcome to LD4all :grin:
It’s great that your interest in lucid dreaming has been reawakened :content:
There is a topic in lucidity centerstage on Waking Life
[Movie] Waking Life

Congrats on your first LD :yay:
The first LD is often quite short but they will get longer :content:
:eh: You should remember the excitement of becoming lucid and not the disappointment of it being short lived. :happy: I hope you post the full version on the forum … we have a big first LD collection topic at the top of the dream journal forum :smile:

:hugs: and you shouldn’t say sorry for the size of the post since it was interesting to read and we found out a little about you :thumbs:

Have fun :grin:

Hi everyone, i’m Jada and its nice i’ve finally found out about this place :smile:

Hi, my name is Eric.

And I just found out about this forum through an indirect link from Yahoo. there was a special on controlling dreams.

So I got really excited, because I have talked to my friends many times about these conscious dreams I had been experiencing - but none of them could relate. And I thought I was just weird. That is, until I found this website.

Jeremy, I hate those types of “lucid dreams”. Just when you notice that you can control it, you get that black hole feeling that sucks you back to being awake. I must have had a few dozens of those.

I want to extend the length of my lucid dreams, and I want to teleport in one. I tried to before, but it didn’t work. And I woke up before I could keep trying.

Wish me luck - I hope that this site holds the key to an awesome dream.

Hey everyone!

I am new here, mainly through the indirect link on Yahoo that had an answers topic on whether you could control you dreams. This is really cool and even though I’m new here, I have had two lucid dreams before that I can remember, both involving the same thing: it was a false awakening. My alarm went off to get me up in the morning but when I turned it off, it wouldn’t go off. Even smashing it against the ground didn’t make the sound go away. Then I realized I was dreaming and woke up almost instantly. And this has happened twice.

I can’t wait to explore more here and get down to some REAL lucid dreaming!

That link through Yahoo…lol. I wonder how many people it will bring.

Hello all im new here and i would like to gain lucidity so that i can explore myself and conquer my fears. this site is very helpful!

Eric, from one newcomer to another: welcome.

The way you described the experience of awakening from these brief LD’s - “that black hole feeling that sucks you back to being awake” - is very apt.

I was just happy to have become lucid at all.

BTW, if you’re new to the concept of the lucid dream, I suggest you check out the book “Exploring the World of Lucid Dreams” by Stephen LaBerge. LaBerge is, as Wikipedia puts it, “a psychophysiologist and a leader in the scientific study of lucid dreaming.” A good introductory text.

Happy dreaming.

Thanks. :grin:

I checked out the Waking Life thread. Should’ve known others here had already seen it. :content:

I am glad I had an LD, just frustrated that I snapped out of it.

I’ve seen that “First LD” thread. I think I will post it. I don’t plan on transcribing my entire dream journal here, though, due to the hassle, as well as the fact that I want to keep some of the content of my dreams private.

Looking forward to further conversation,
-Jeremy

Welcome Jeremy, Eric, Shetiger, acexxaced, and dodgerphreak and anyone else coming from Yahoo.
Really nice to have you all here. I just noticed you all swarming the chat. I’ll try to help out and answer any questions you might have (in the chat anyway). :cool:

Hi everyone,

i’m a new member, have some experience with lucid dreaming, first because of sleep paralyse ( not very pleasant), than spontaneous OBE’s ( sometimes very pleasant, sometimes scary). Then i got to know “The Art of Dreaming” by Castaneda.

Does anyone have experience with the method in this book? He also mentions “Seeing in your dreams”, as in “percieving energy”.

I could also recommend the book " Yoga of dreaming and sleeping by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche".