the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic, part 63

Hello everybody! Im a 19 y/o college student who has been interested in developing my LD skills for a while now. I’ve had three LD’s that I can recall…one being last night. I’ve been poking the back of my hand as a RC for the past couple weeks and when I poked my hand in my dream last night I got so excited that I was lucid I decided the first thing i should try to do is wake my self up haha (dont exactly know why I would do such a thing but I felt it was a good idea at the time). What actually ended up happening was my dream was changed in to an entirely different scene and had turned in to a ND. Anyways, i’m going to start writing down my dreams starting tomorrow morning and maybe after a while i’ll start a DJ in the forums here. It looks like i’m really going to enjoy this forum and I can’t wait to get in to it.

:welcome: hello Lucidism
Since you used to lucid dream regularly, I would advise you to visit the lucid adventures forum. It will give you a lot of inspiration of what to do in your LDs and you can even earn the quest wings by completing a current LD4all monthly quest.

:wave: hello iwymore
I like using the poke your finger through your palm as a RC … it feels odd and is a sure way to definitely know that you are dreaming :dream:

:lol:

I hope you both enjoy your time on the forum and make yourselves at home :content:

Hello all I’m new here,well first off its an honor to find a home.( ld4all that is)
I am a 7 year ld, and its a relief to know, really know there are other lds, like me.
Thank you all
I hope you all have a great week, in reality and in “our reality”.

Hi there, I’m Martina

Until today I’d never heard of LD!
I remember many of my dreams and has always been very facinated of the fact that they’re often so weird… :tongue:
As I love dreaming I started to wonder why one dreams and after some googeling I found the LD4all and now I’m even more facinated :happy:

I can barely wait to get started…

Ps, I’m 28 and from Sweden :smile:

//Martina

Hello Iceblue1137 and Martina ! :wave: Welcome to LD4all!

Hi everyone. My names Ben. I’m hoping to make some friends on this site. Some dream buddies that i can discuss dreams with and achieve lucidity. I’ve known about LD’s for the past few years now but i havent had much lucid dreams. and that discouragement made me not want to record my dreams or think about becoming lucid. so i think thats why i wasnt having them. but im inspired now and i wanna try and record my dreams and become lucid. so its my hope that i become lucid this week. My inspiration and desire to become lucid has grown after watching Inception altough these other movies have inspired me in the past and still do (Waking Life, The Matrix, Vanilla Sky). I know that i need to start with dream recall nad put my efforts in that. I;m very happy this morning i was able to remember a lot of detail about the nights dream… unfortunately i had to get out bed to find my notepad. and getting out of bed made me forget valuable detail that disappeared quickly. I see the dream recall as memories that are loosely resting on your head and if you move a lot when you wake up some of them fall off your head and vaporize in the air and they are lost forever. I better go this post is getting to long now. Happy dream adventures everyone!

Hello! It’s Moi here! How are you? Well then, me too!

Although I’m new to the forum I’ve been lurking around without an account for about a week now and this place looks like the bee’s knees!
I had heard about lucid dreaming about four years ago, and I’ve finally decided that it’s time to get serious about learning the skill!
I’ve already created my dream journal and I’ve managed to remember about one dream upon waking and one more after trying WBTB (no LD yet though!). I’ve also missed countless possibilities to LD when I have false awakenings and end up justifying failed RCs in dreams!

I guess what I’m trying to say is that I’m excited to join this community and I’m eager at what I’m going to experience! I’m really close! But no cigar… YET!

Hello.

I’m a frequent poster on the Astral Pulse forum, read an LD post and the posters recommended this site so I thought I’d check it out.

I was an avid astral projector a few months back, but then some health problems forced me to put my practices on hold. Recently I started working on projection again, only to discover that I pretty much have to start all over. Incidentally, as I began to re-immerse myself in the otherworld experience, I was drawn more toward the realm of shamanic journeying and dreaming rather than AP.

I’ve never been much of a dreamer, but because of my lack of time to practice conscious OBE and shamanic journeying lately, I thought maybe I could put some more effort into dream work to jump-start my otherworld adventures again.

Heya people I just discovered this site 2 days ago and so far this is the best lucid dreaming site EVER. Lucid dreaming is very intresting to me.
I have not had a lucid dream yet but am working hard to get my first one :smile:

Hi, I’m new here, sort of. I’ve been creepin’ around these forums for a few months now and just recently decided to join. A bit lazy when it comes to making online accounts. Ive been lucid dreaming for about five months and have had somewhere between twenty and twenty five fully lucid dreams. Much work still to improve, and i look to my fellow dreamers for help. Thank you, and good dreams!

looks like my helpers have gone missing :tongue:

:welcome: hello Iceblue1137, Martina, Dreamscape_Awakener, moi (love the nick :content: ), personalreality, LucidFaerie and ReverendGreen :grouphug:

:happy:

Search engines seem to be the main way new members find us :content:
Have you visited the LD4all youtube channel yet? pasQuale has recently put up two short videos. :boogie: youtube.com/user/LD4all

My favourite out of those is the matrix. :grin:

good luck :thumbs:

It will happen :cheer:
You may want to consider beginning a dream journal in the dream journal forum. We also have the sticky “My First LD Collection” for when you experience that first LD :smile:

hello personalreality :wave:
Welcome to the forum. It always makes me wonder who recommended the site when a new member mentions seeing it on a different forum. :eh:
I’m sure you will enjoy your time spent on LD4all.

It would be a good idea to check out the knowledgebase forum for advice on which technique suits you the best :content: and it’s only a matter of time before you experience your very first LD :yay:

I presume the nick is inspired from the cluedo game :cool:
Now you have registered, a lot more sub forums have become available to you. Your Most Interesting LD should be an inspiring topic for you to read :content:

Hello Dreamers! :smile:

I’ve had random experiences with lucid dreams and OBEs before, and my dream recall is always very vivid as long as I can spend a few minutes in the morning concentrating on remembering them. I’d like to develop more ability to enter LD at will, but I don’t plan to work too hard at it, don’t want to stress myself out. Maybe just reading over this material will be enough to trigger some! :wink: I know I dreamed last night that I was talking to a DC about this site, so the idea is definitely seeping into my subconscious.

I love reading everyone’s experiences with dreaming and mental imagery and I think it’s great there’s a lively, friendly community here because it’s hard to talk about these experiences with people who’ve never had them.

Haha! You are NOT going to believe this but after I read your post, I was filled with hope and enthusiasm and took a nap!
and…

BINGO! WE HAVE A WINNER!

I had my first LD! It was kind of short, but enough to let me get the gist of what lucid dreaming is all about! And now, I can safely say that lucid dreaming is not just one giant april fools joke! I’m so happy! :boogie:

Congratulations moi on your first LD :cool_laugh: it brought me a smile that you got your first LD by reading moogles welcoming post :tongue:

:welcome: moi to the forum btw, now I hope youll start LD’ing for real :cool_raz:

Hi, just joined. Ive been looking at this website for the last couple of days and now I finally made an account. I had what i think was my first LD about a month ago. I was so shocked when i realized that I was dreaming that i didn’t know what to do and I woke a couple of seconds later. The weird thing was I didn’t know that it was a lucid dream. Then later that day when I was on my computer I some how happened to came across what lucid dreaming was.

Hellooo,
I’ve watched this forum for a while but haven’t made an account.
Anyway, I think I’m really inclined to NOT LD, but instead just accept all dreams as reality. My dream recall is pretty good especially during holiday periods when I don’t have to wake up early, so I’ve always been extremely interested in dreaming, but had never heard of LDing. Ever since about one and a half years ago when I discovered it on the internet, I’ve been trying, but to not much success. I recently have been doing RCs ridiculously frequently in WL; unfortunately I always seem to forget to do the RCs in the dream >_>

Anyway, this is a great site =D

:lol: I was trying to leave post 14000 until august 10th … but I can’t sit on my hands anymore :hyper:

:wave: welcome to the LD4all community, magdalen, Ersatz and Melodic :grouphug:

Great combination :content:
Have you read the choosing your technique topic and the list of all known techniques in the knowledgebase forum? You may come across a tech that really suits you so it will come naturally.

That happened to me the first time I became aware in a dream too :eh: I only found out about lucid dreaming a few years later.

I’m glad you decided to register, it means you can fully enjoy LD4all now :boogie:

Might be time to try other things too. I find for me that RCs within dreams are often just to confirm it’s a dream when you more or less know it already.

Moi, that’s great news :yay:
congrats on your first LD :smile:

Hmm am I quoting correctly?
Haha, hmmm what sort of other things can I try? No matter how much I read up about it, the MILD thing doesn’t work because I just stay awake… Once I went to bed at 12:30, tried to keep counting and saying I was dreaming but I just stayed awake til 5:30am and had to go to school at 7:30 -_- I’ve tried WILD and FILD too, but again I just stay awake… then I got too scared by reading up about SP and the supposed evil presence thing thus I don’t want to try it again >.<
I’ve only had 2, one in which I said the word “dream” and that triggered it, and one where there was a gunman. :meh:

@melodic
with MILD you don’t keep doing it until you drift off. After a while you just go to sleep as usual.

FILD is ideal for when you are really tired, since it takes up hardly anytime

WBTB increases the chance of a successful longer LD

Moogle - Thanks for your reply :smile:

The problem is it takes me ages to fall asleep in the first place, and when I do I don’t realize it until I wake up heh.

Yeahh I actually woke myself up at about 5 or 6 am and tried FILD, then just stayed awake.

Does WBTB disrupt sleep pattern?