the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic, part 63

It shouldn’t especially if not attempting WILD which can keep you awake. Might be wise to just go to bed that little bit earlier though to allow for the time awake during the night.

If I was you, I would have a good browse of the knowledgebase forum and then use the existing topics in quest for any further questions you may have. Or make your own topic there if you can’t see a suitable topic there already.

Hello, fellow dreamers!

I originally started keeping a dream journal back in May because one of my main hobbies is creative writing and I’ve found dreams to be a great source of inspiration when I can remember them. When I was looking for tips on how to go about writing my journal properly, I kept coming across lucid dreaming tips but it wasn’t until later on the road that I got truly interested in chasing the phenomenon. I’d heard about this stuff before, but I never quite realized there were people who were so deeply devoted to lucid dreams and actual organized methods of inducing them.

Earlier this week I wrote in my journal for the first time in over a month, since my sleeping rhythms got derailed by stress and illness and it forced me to take a break. Now I’m trying to get back on the horse and figured it’d be nice to invest myself more deeply into this and join a forum where I can talk about these things with likeminded people. Neither my family nor my friends seem to be very interested in my little hobby. They get weirded out by it if anything.

I’ve had a couple of dreams that I think were lucid (not very high on the lucidity levels) but I’m not so sure anymore, what with the existance of false lucid dreams and the like. Is there a place here where I might be allowed to ask you people your opinions on these dreams?

Hi everyone.

I also, is new here, and have never had a lucid dream(Atleast none that i can remember) And actually going to try for my first time tonight…

Welcome Simpa :wave: ,

I’m sure you’re going to have a lucid dream soon :content:
Goodluck tonight!

:wave: hello kore and Simpa

If you aren’t going into detail, make a topic in the quest forum otherwise it would be a good idea to make a dream journal topic in the dream journal forum and ask there.

good luck :thumbs:

Hello all,
My name’s David and I’m 19 from Wellington, New Zealand.
I’m currently a CAD Draughtsman & Student Civil Engineer and a Bassist/Synth Player in a few bands…
I started reading up about LD’s after hearing about it from one of my friends… I tried alot to induce them, but I randomly (without trying) had two really short LD’s so far - one a few months ago and one last night! :tongue: Although I pretty much woke up immediately both times - so I’m here to learn how to improve!

Anyways, I’ve been reading all over the net and this site for a little bit without being a member and thought I should get round to joining up… Might even write an online DJ possibly…

BTW - This site is by far the best I’ve come across! :wink:

Thanks,
Bodom

My name is Sir Tophat, and I’m excited to join you all here in this exciting topic of Lucid Dreaming!
I have yet to have my first Lucid Dream, but to be quite honest with you, I can’t wait!
It seems like such an interesting topic, and it would be wonderful to just fly away somewhere!
But I am aware of that this may take some training on my part, considering I have not had my first Lucid Dream.

Now, wish me good luck, and I hope i can spend a lot of time on this wonderful forum, dedicated to a marvelous thing!

-Sir Tophat

:welcome: Bodom247 and Sir Tophat to LD4all! Good luck to both of you!

Hi moogle, nice to meet you! I browse through the forums a lot and I’m so glad you guys have this vast archive of techniques! I really like the “Lucid Living” one. I think it’s easier to understand if you’ve already had the feeling of waking up in a lucid dream, to recapture that feeling in waking life of realizing “I’m here, right now!” I don’t feel stressed at all, it feels great, and I’m pretty sure sooner or later I will remember to get lucid in a dream if I keep doing it while I’m awake. I’ve started keeping a journal and if anything really interesting happens I’ll be sure to share it on the journal forum! :smile:

Hi everybody :tongue:
im 14 and i live in Canada.
i first heard about Lucid dreaming from one of my friends and i just thought it was the coolest thing that anyone could ever do :grin:
the closest ive ever had to a LD is one time when i tried to WILD.
i got to the point where everything went white and there was a sound like my brain was vibrating in my head.
then, i got excited and woke up :ohno:
also, i feel like i dont get dreams cause i dont remember them when i wake up. :cry:

Hey all,
I’m Adam. I’m 18 from Auckland, New Zealand.
I started LDing in boarding school as a way to escape from how much i hated being there
at that time i didn’t really know what it was. and i guess Ive been unknowingly training myself since then.
in fact i didn’t really know what i was doing until a few days ago when i started getting worried about what was happening.
i use CALD, MWILD and WILD to start my LDs
im to the point now where its relativity easy to get into my LDs, and thats one of the things that im worried about. it almost happens in spite of me. i can sit down in my computer chair, turn on itunes and be gone for hours IRL. but 9 times out of 10 its short bursts (lots of 3-5min LDs)
now the chatroom said that LDing for hours is impossible so i might be slipping in and out without realizing it.
and thats another thing that worries me. Ive over developed my CALD characters (which are based on RL people, makes it more realistic) so much that it sometimes takes me a while to realize that i’m “back” so to speak.
reality and LDs have started to blur. which makes my RL suck because i spend so much time LDing that i never get anything done, but LDing is so addictive now because everything is so real. sometimes i can find it hard to get out. even with using the staring at a single point or looking at the ground technique because I’m normally always interrupted by one of my characters. truthfully i don’t ever really want to leave.
so i’m here to find out how to get this under control.
i look forward to learning from you all.

edit

the dropping in and out might just be DEILD without realizing the breaks in between

Hi, I got into lucid dreaming a couple years ago, but i quit because i didn’t have time. Now i’m at it again, and this time I hope I won’t quit :happy:

I already started keeping a dream journal, etc. so, yeah!

Umm…hey, guys! I’m Zeekaice (obviously), and people most commonly call me Zeek or Zeeka. I’m sort of new to lucid dreaming, I’ve had two years ago without really knowing what they were. But when I saw the site had a forum, I decided to join. I’ve had only DILDs so far, and I only really become lucid way later on in the dream, but at least it’s something.

But yeah, I’m here to find good ways to help myself become lucid and just enjoy myself. I hope I can get along well with everyone here and get better at becoming lucid :3

So I think it’s time for me to say hello, so, well, hello :wink:. I’m PabloFoxCoyoteThing (Patrick in RL), a math student from Finland. I’ve been aware of lucid dreams for quite a while now, 3-4 years or so, although I haven’t really been an active lucid dreamer lately because of the (relatively small) efforts it takes in the mornings. As a night owl, I’m not really that keen on writing in my dream journal after waking up, especially on school days. I’ve tried to kick start my interest in dreams a few times, and I decided, partly because of Inception (a fine, solid movie), that now is a good time to really take up on lucid dreaming. Really looking forward to learning from you all, and hopefully I can finally do something more in lucid dreams than just wake up. :smile:

Welcome harpertown, emozombie, PabloFoxCoyoteThing to the forum !

Yeah, harpertown, LD’ing can get addictive. Real life gets affected by this LD training very much. So, that’s why 2 LD’s per week should be the best :wink: (my opinion)

Anyways, hope you all can get answers and help on this forum - and I’m sure you will.
Good luck ! :smile:

Hello All,

My name is Cameron and I am new to the whole Lucid Dreaming experience, I have two friends who have been able to achieve this skill and that has really intrigued me. So, here is a little bit about me, I am a college student (majoring in Computer Programming), I am a gamer and a martial artist. I feel that lucid dreaming will be a great addition to my meditation and everyday mental well-being. If there is anything else, just ask :slight_smile: I am a nice guy and am really excited to be here! Hope to make quite a few friends.

CamCub3d

Greetings,

My name is Brian, but I prefer to be known as Forb. It has been my online handle for some time now.

I have had this website bookmarked for quite a while, I will explain why I am only now making an account an joining the community: I am an artist, a painter. And I spent a few weeks at a program at the Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design. During that time, I experience a dream almost every single night, that is weird for me because I rarely dream. Unfortunate for me, as I love dreaming.

I took that as a sign that it is possible for me to explore the dream world, which was a breakthrough for me, I never thought I was able to. I’ve been keeping a Dream Journal since then, and have been thoroughly enjoying myself. I even got my brother to join me on my quest for Lucid Dreaming.

Anyway, I’ve rambled… A bit more about myself; I play D&D, Magic and Yu-Gi-Oh. I’m currently 19, and moving from Las Vegas to Los Angeles to intern with artists. I was born in Chicago, raised in Florida. I have been all over the US, and a few places out of the country including Hong Kong.

I will mostly be here to read the boards and have a public DJ, but if you want to talk I will be around!

Welcome to the forum, CamCub3d & Forb.

:content:

Hello everyone,

I’m new here. Have had a few short LD’s in the early years of my life. After watching Waking Life 6-7 years ago I went out and got Stephen LaBerge’s book and started practicing. 3 weeks later I had my first deliberate LD and over the next month or so I had another 3-4. Then I changed my job, became stressed, ‘enjoyed’ life too much (wine, partying) and I lost the ability. Been wanting to get back into LD again and started setting time aside a couple of months ago. Doing RC now about 10 times a day or more and started my DJ. 4 days ago I made an attempt at a WILD and it worked. It blew my mind and gave me a feeling of being able to do anything I put my mind to. Glad to have found a forum with others who are into LD. Been trying to tell my friends and family about it but it seems like something that is difficult to understand for most people. I guess you need to have one to really get it.

:welcome: hello Bodom247

congrats! :yay:

:wave: hello Sir_Tophat

good luck :thumbs:
and it’s so easy to spend lots of time here browsing through old topics and DJs and also taking part in current threads :content:

:welcome: hello VerbalVandalist

there is a big sticky remembering dreams topic in the stuff forum and also a topic in knowledgebase - Improving dream recall

:wave: hello harpertown

:yes:

the shortness must be a little frustrating but it will give you lots of chances to practice at prolonging them and experimenting more.

:welcome: hello emozombie

it doesn’t need to take up that much time :eh:
did you have any LDs last time?

:wave: hello zeek

congrats on the LDs so far :grin:
Just setting the intention to realise you are dreaming if you wake up naturally in the night (ie going to toilet or turning over in bed) will improve the odds of becoming lucid.

:welcome: hello PabloFoxCoyoteThing
love the name :happy:

I think that film could inspire quite a few dreamers to come back to LDing :boogie:

:wave: hello Cameron

I remember reading one of the topics here that mentioned that meditating can actually increase LD frequency :smile:
part 1 and part 2
there are probably more if you do a forum search :wink:

At LD4all it is almost impossible not to make friends :smile: :grouphug:

:welcome: hellp Forb

you could use some dream inspired artwork in your DJ or make a topic in fruits of lucidity (for art inspired from LDs) or garden of creation for any art inspired from dreams or not.

:wave: hello awoken
/me spots age under avatar and points to link to are you over 30 in her signature :peek:

congratulations :boogie:

:yes: or they need the imagination to understand what is possible.

I hope you all enjoy your time spent on LD4all and in your dreams :dream: