the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic, part 63

Hi everyone :smile:

I look forward to going on this journey learning how to lucid dream. Ive been trying for a few months, but needed to stall because of other things occupying my mind, but I’m ready to start again. I’m glad I found this forum and I can’t wait to start meeting all of you, sharing my experiences and delving further into the complexity of my mind.

Best regards, Tyler

Hi, I’m new here!

After watching the movie ‘Inception’ a week ago I was reminded of a few years back, when I first researched the possibilities of lucid dreaming. I never had the patience or the time back then to seriously get started in it, but now I do.

After reading up on it again (a few articles in this forum helped a lot) I began my quest for lucidity once again. And low and behold, the first night I tried I immediately had a (semi-)lucid dream. And now half a week later my 2nd lucid dreaming experience from last night is still fresh in my mind.

Although I am quite new I feel I have a knack for it, and can’t wait to do all the things I have already put in my ‘To Do While Lucid’-list! My greatest problem right now is keeping lucidity, and not be drawn back into the flow of the dream.

I look forward to talking with other forum members here about techniques, dreams, experiences and anything Lucid Dream related!

Greets,
Blooner

I’m Marlaina and I’m really new to all this. I’ve never had a lucid dream before, but I’ve been very close. I’m so glad I found this site! I try to share my dream experiences with my parents, but they say it’s stupid and that I shouldn’t get so excited about my dreams because they’re not real :sad: I think dreams are interesting and mysterious and shouldn’t be taken for granted. So I’m glad I came across this site so I can share my dreams with people who have the same interest as I do! :colgate:

hello i think im going to enjoy my stay here i never thought that controlling dreams had a name well off to dreaming cant wait

Hello everyone,

My name is James, and I’m new at all of this as I’m experienced, I guess. For years I have been having lucid dreams from childhood, at least partially, when I know I’m in a dream, and just wonder at that knowledge. At the same time the dream starts to fade away, so…

Anyway, in all this time, for some reason it never crossed my mind to do some research about it. Eventually, about a weak ago, I came across this wiki-article about Lucid Dreaming. I followed that up by an online book, and I decided to give it a try. I started my DJ (three dreams :spinning: ) today and the RCs and all. With some luck, soon I’ll be writing how I made Einstein cry in a physics challenge XD

:wave: hello ShadowBender
Sorry for the late reply. I’m quite looking forward to watching that movie … hope I’m not disappointed in it. :meh:

with yet being the keyword :happy: … one night, you WILL become lucid in a dream :boogie:
Good luck with your lucid quest :thumbs:

:wave: hello Crazydrummer667
I’m glad you only put lucid dreaming on the back burner for a short while :content:

I look forward to reading your posts :happy:

:wave: hello Blooner

That is great news! :yay:

You can increase lucidity level by just using commands
eg More Lucidity
lucid times 100
just find one that feels right for you. Saying it in the dream will make the LD more stable.

:wave: hello foxylove_166

From your post I think you will really enjoy your time here :cheer:
Don’t forget to post that first LD (when you get it) in our dream journal forum :user:

:wave: hello big steve

:yes:

So how did you find out? Through google?

:wave: hello jimts
Since you are able to become lucid easily, you will have lots of LDs to practice on to improve length and content :happy:
I hope you consider starting a DJ in our Dream Journal forum so you will hve an online record of your progress. :content:

hope you all enjoy your time on LD4all :grouphug:

Hello! I’m brand new to this forum and happy to be here! I remember having a few of what I suppose would be semi-lucid dreams years ago (I knew I was dreaming but I don’t remember having any control) and recently lucid dreaming has become a big interest of mine. I did a few google searches that led me to here. I’ve started a DJ (on paper, maybe when I build up some confidence I’ll transfer it online :smile: ). I’m excited to learn more and expand my skills.

:wave: hello applecake, welcome to LD4all :content:

Confidence in your LD abilities or confidence to share the dreams?
When I first joined, I didnt think i would be ready to share my dreams online … but within a month I started my LD4all DJ :happy:

Thank you!

A little of both. :smile: I hardly have any confidence in my LD abilities at all… but I sure am working on it! And as for sharing my dreams, I still feel a little sheepish to put them out there for the world to read. But I’ll get there I’m sure. :happy:

Hi,
I just discovered lucid dreaming on Monday… So Hi :content:
I’ve been keeping a DJ since Monday and I’ve been doing RCs :rc: everyday but other than that, I’ve been focusing on dream recall for now. I actually had a LD last night unnitentionally though. It was of Low Lucidity but I was still really surprised because I hadn’t expected it.
I still need a lot of work on Dream Recall, but I won’t give up :grin:

:peek: Hey guys! Ime new here. I have been sleeping and dreaming my whole life and studying sleep and dreams for the passed year-and-a-half. Dont remember how I found this site, but when I did I knew I should join for some conversation with others who share my passion. Well, hope to see you all on the forum.Check out my profile and message me if your bored :tongue:

Hey everyone,

I’ve had dreams before where i have been slightly aware, created and flown. But recently i had a dream where i was in the garden of my subconcious, walked through a door attempted to go down some stairs but got scared of whats down there and so i came back to the waking state.

This last experience was completely concious and was the catalyst that brought me here.

My ambition here is to discover more about lucid dreaming but mainly to discover things about myself in order to live the most incredible life ever.
THnxs

[mod]Merged into Big topic :ysim:

(And welcome to LD4all, by the way)[/mod]

Hi! There’s nothing important to know about me… so Hi

You’re 12…you should still feel like being the center of the universe kiddo. :wink:

Anyway, welcome and also to you Happy. :smile:

Hi, I’m Nate. I found this website a couple days ago, and I joined the forum while doing WBTB last night, after which I had my first lucid dream. I used MILD afterward, and it proved to be very effective. Once I dreamed about what I told myself I would dream about, I became somewhat aware that I could do whatever I want. I wasn’t completely free, but I was definitely lucid. It was awesome.

Nice start to have one so soon. :tongue:

Hey guys I’m Nur, and I only recently(this summer) learned about Lucid dreaming and it’s potential, after a very failed WILD I kinda gave up until I recently started having DILDs so now I’m going to try to get back to the awesome world of LD.

Hey, I´m Roman (not like the people from Rome and also not like the books it´s my name :smile: )

I heard about lucid dreaming every now and then but I first thought it was some kind of special ability you have or have not.
I read an article in which it said that there are different ways of getting to it which made me look it up on the internet and brought me here.
I started writing my dream journal a few days ago and today I´m trying WBTB.
Hope it´ll work :content:

:welcome: hello and welcome to LD4all happiness in dreams, DocHolliday, happy, Eago, Okapis Rule, Nur5 and romiehomie :grouphug:

Congrats on the LD happiness in dreams :content: … might be an idea to record it in our Big First LD collection in the dream journal forum or in a dream journal in our dream journal forum :wink:

I look forward to reading all your future posts :content: and hope you enjoy your time here.

That sounds really interesting. :eh:
Going downstairs implies to me going deeper into your subconscious mind.

Well Eago it’s interesting to know that your current LD goal is to get inspiration for a movie :grin: Since you are creative, you will probably like the fruits of lucidity and garden of creation forums :wink:

Congrats! :boogie:

Good luck :thumbs: with your LD quest. I think a common mistake seems to be to have the mind set on only doing WILD and not trying other methods. have you read the choosing your technique topic in the knowledgebase forum and the list of all known and new techniques?

:eh: A slightly unusual name.

good luck :thumbs:

Hi people! :happy:
i just made myself a member… Me and my friends were out talking over a spliff one day and we were talking about waking life, the movie u know? nywhooo i started thinkin about the lucid dreams ive had and so i started doing some searching and here i am :smile: I think im a bit of a natural since ive had some lucid dreams and unknowingly made use of the MILD technique for example but i want to learn more! :happy:

So who am I? im a funloving guy who’s in love with the world and tries to travel as much as he can. Next stop norway and after that 6 months in asia ^^

Oh and just a small ps. :razz: the avatar programming for this site just is horrid… :razz: i wanna upload my own avatar!! DS