the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic, part 68

Ello,

I’m new here as well, although I’ve studied the forums for a long time. I’ve had several dreams where i knew i was dreaming, but i can never get to control them, atleast not like i want to. Figured i’d try to become more active in my studies and register to the forum here and and maybe get a bit more successful.

That’s about it about me. I’m pretty plain.

Hey guys im new here,
Im 16 years old and from austria :smile:
My current goal is to get a LD and hopefully an OBE someday :happy:
Ive been practicing to get LD for 2 weeks now but didnt get one yet :meh:
Hope to get one with the help of this community :content:

Thats awesome white wolf, this forum has allot of tips and great resources for LD’ing. Just keep trying if you don’t get a LD, it took me 1 month 17 days, but now i have almost re-occurring LD’s , its crazy

Thanks very much for the motivating words :happy:
I hope i can get that far too :content:

The main key tip is to have a lucid mindset, this means just constantly asking yourself a critical question (such as, “where was i just at”?) and doing 1-2 reality checks every time your surroundings change, this is my key tip and how i LD almost every time I Recall a dream (which is alot)

Hey I’m new,
my names Cameron and I’ve been trying to lucid dream for about two weeks now.
First success was today and hope there’s many more where that came from.
I’m a student in England, and my aim in lucid dreaming is for total dream control, I know it will take a while, but its worth it :spinning:.

Welcome, Alex, Sorryabout, Ellisdee White_Wolve and Camcom! Quickly hides bloody meat cleaver We will most certainly enjoy eating your flesh I mean reading your posts!

Camcom, maybe you shouldn’t aim for total dream control. I’ve heard it’s more fun when there are some surprises, too! Of course, I’ve never had a full length LD with total control or anything, so I could be wrong, though. I guess you’ll have to see when you get there!

Thanks BlueGecko,
Yeah surprises can be more fun, but my aim is (if its possible) to dream within a dream? And yes I know I’m going all inception on you, but I’m just wondering?

It is possible to have a dream within a dream. I had one maybe a year ago. It was actually an LD with in a regular dream. I was in a mansion w my family. I went upstairs and went to bed. I woke up ( in the dream ) walked out of the room and down the hall looking over the railing I knew it was a dream because there where ghosts. I even had a conversation with a DC.
Good luck and sweet dreams!

ok thanks :happy:
and what about WILDs, you reccomend trying to learn that? :smile:

Hi there!
I’m just curious about lucid dreaming, and doing some research on the net came across this forum. I’ll be checking the basics, by what I see first thing is working on my dream recall, and will see what happens in time.

Hello everyone!
I’m Fake Stone, 21 years old, mechanical engineering student and aspiring lucid dreamer on demand. I enjoy listening to music, watching movies, talking nonsense with my friends over a few beers and of course, dreaming.
Not just LDing but dreaming in general. When i remember my dreams they are usually cool stories. For me at least.
I’ve lurked around LD4all for a bit and it is just what i needed to improve my lucid dreaming :happy:

Now for how i started LDing:
Had my first LD (a natural WILD i think) around summer last year and at that time i had no idea lucid dreams were possible and disregarded them as some spiritual mambo jumbo. That night I was exhausted but my mind was rustling with some issues and I probably just went to sleep conscious. Opened my eyes and realized I was not sleeping in the right direction and that i was in a dream. Then i got some of the best 15 minutes of my life so far. While completely lucid i flew, did crazy action stuff, talked with my subconscious, got stabbed by my mother, went teleporting all over Europe and partied hard with some lingerie models. All this in between 7 or 8 false awakenings. And every time i “woke up” my mindset was just basically: " Woooo! Next round!"
It ended, and i was amazed but just thought of it as an awesome dream and noting more.

Then some months later, had 2 more LD in consecutive days, one of them completely drunk and the other on a bus trip. Only then I started searching the subject and here i am.

Long story short: I was clueless, got a LD, it was awesome and life changing, got 2 more, learned a bit, had some more ( mainly natural ones). Now i want to share those dreams, read other peoples dreams and perfect this fine art that i love so much even though i only had like 10 LD’s.

And i think thats all. It’s nice to be here :smile:

ayup yall. found this site the other day after a mint dream. hello to everyone. iv looked through the forums a bit and everyone seems friendly also some of the stories in the journal nearly split my sides. im a man 30 and i live in the peak district in northern england. im unemployed right now but i usually work outside, i could never work in a shop. iv had lucid dreams since i was about 18 but not many perhaps once a year, it would be nice if i could do it on demand but i find it hard to be aware while dreaming even if im seeing really strange things. i just accept it. usually i know im dreaming when i see my bed somewhere other than in my room. I was at work talking to a work mate onc and he asked me why my bed was in the middle of the factory. i think that was the first time i flew, i was rubbish at first and i crashed but didnt take long till i was better than clark kent. flying is awesome its like going to alton towers but its free and you are in control. I can only do it for 20-30 minutes then i seem to run out of steam and i can only float or jump far. well thats me. If you want to say hi then please do. ben

Hi ben, great to see that you like our community, and thats awesome how you love flyong somuch (i never have in a LD) but it probably wont be too hard for you to get into LD if you have had prior exerience like that. Have a good time and welcome to the forums

Uh. . . . hi. I’m Clarence, and I just recently discovered Lucid Dreaming. I’ve had LD’s before (3, I believe) and I’m interested in raising the rate in which they occur.
I’ve been browsing through the site for a few days now, and I certainly enjoy it. Everyone sure is a friendly bunch, and I can’t wait to indulge myself in the community. :happy:
I hope to make a few contributions and ask a few questions sometime in the near future. I don’t really like to talk much.
Thanks again!

Thats awesome clarence, well yes we are all friendly and all enjoy lucid dreaming, feel free to post on our forms to ask all questions or you can join chat some time and ask there, people are almost always around that will be more than happy to help you with your lucid dreaming. And have a great time at LD4ALL

I’m EyesWide (shut). :tongue: I’ve been browsing LD4all for a few months now and finally decided to join. Anyways, I’ve always had rather good dream recall when I choose to focus on them. I still I remember a lot of the dreams I had as a kid. I even taught myself how to wake up from a bad dream by closing my eyes very tightly and then opening them very wide (eventually, if not the first time, my WL eyes would open). A lot of my childhood dreams involved flying, but as I grew older I became heavier and had a harder time flying in dreams.
My life became busy and I no longer remembered any of my dreams. Though I have always been a bit of a night owl :woah:, finding this website helped me renew my commitment to dreaming, which has always fascinated me. Because of this site I now rush to go to bed at a reasonable hour so I can hurry and dream.
Mostly I get low level lucid dreams. I will simply know I am dreaming but then never do much about it. My dream CONTROL needs a lot of work. I am trying to regain my natural ability for flight, among many other goals.
Hoping to get to know some of your better!!! (Raises a glass to toast to reaching our goals :beer:)

Well I thought I would say hi, feels a bit foreign in a computer environment like Im talking to myself in a big field but I need to begin somewhere. I have been intersted in dreaming for 14 years and tinkering with lucid dreaming the last six. Still not sure how much focus and time to give it but I guess being here says Id like to connect more. Look forward to exploring and sharing with you good people on the site.

Hello, I’m new here. My name is Rachel, and, as you can see on the little box on the side, I am 14, a freshman in highschool. I try to keep an open mind about these sort of mystical things, because, in my opinion, if you want it to happen so much, you might just trick yourself into thinking it happened. I believe in magic, though it is more of energy manipulation. Qi and Chakras all fall under this broad term, in my opinion. I have never had a lucid dream, but I have had shared dreams, though I do not believe anyone in these shared dreams were dreaming lucidly. I LARP and do a ton of other geeky stuff, and love fantasy novels. I am looking forward to exploring how dreams work with help of all the lovely people here.

Hey Everyone

I’m new to the forum but not to lucid dreaming. I have been doing it ever since I was a child. When I first discovered that I could lucid dream, I told my father who confessed that he could as well. He shared little tips and tricks with me so I was always trying new things. I liked to fly, spin around and appear in new places, and confront nightmare monsters.

I haven’t had many lucid dreams lately. The number of “(roughly)40” on my lucid dream count is how many I’ve had in my whole life, but recently I’ve only had about 3 in the past 5 years. I’m trying to get back into it again. I do smoke marijuana pretty daily so I think this is hindering my ability to recall dreams as well as lucid dream, but I’ve tried to stop doing it a few hours before bed.

I’ve experimented pretty heavily in psychedilecs over the years and am very interested in expanding my conciousness. I also study the tarot and believe in mystical forces. My god-given gift is drawing and writing, but I work a professional job and have to separate my creative self from “the real world”. I have a husband and a son that I love very much and work hard to support.Sometimes I get stuck in my dreaminess, but I hope this will be a constructive outlet for me.

Can’t wait to read about your experiences and share some of my own :smile: