the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic, part 68

Hy and welcome EyesWide, David Legg, xSnowpeltx and dreamincolor!!! :welcome:

I hope you’ll enjoy here. It’s pretty big community and very supportive. Feel free to ask any questions. Here we have a lot data in guidelines and many tutorials. Just search the forum and ask a LOT of questions, because we will answer! :grin:

And happy lucid dreaming!

Hi, I’m Minecraftrocks. I have know lucid dreams during summer time and I have now 5 LD (2 LD since I am in LD4all). Unfortunately, I couldn’t control any LD, these dreams were very cute (a few seconds). One day, I’m sure I’ll succeed some LD goals.
Sorry for my english, I’m French.

Hi, guys! My name is Isorwas and I’ve been trying to LD (and reading the forum) for about two weeks now! So far I’ve achieved a very low-quality LD (or possibly a FLD) and I’m trying to get the hang of the WILD technique. Wish me luck! :happy:

Hola! im sarah and i joined ld4all not long ago…ive only had a few LDs in my life but i really wanna keep getting lucid dreams!!! hope all of you new guys get a LD soon, too!

hey Sarah, good 2 meet you, I just noticed that you joined on my sons birthday :grin: anyway hope you keep getting LDs also. a big hi to the rest of you as well hope you enjoy it here and have many awesome dreams to come :smile:

Good morning (or night ?)

I’m Cedric, I live in France, I’m 38.
it’s been a loooong time that i didn’t have lucid dream but when I was younger ( between 20 and 30 ^^) I was very accurate to have LD.
i have also wrote a small article about lucid dream because I have found few thing about it by myself.
18 years ago, LD were not something very clear, there wasn’t forum like this one, there wasn’t a community. Just a few books that have one or two words about it and it was books about spirituality and so on.

I have been VERY happy to discover this board because this mean that today, there is a real community of lucid dreamer, people involved in making progress about this wonderfull ability we all have. I don’t feel alone no more (just regarding LD :wink: )

In the article I wrote (and lost unfortunatly :meh:) I was speaking about the consciousness in dreams.
in lucid dream, as explained here, you have different degrees of consciousness: the more you are lucid, the more “power” you have on your dream, the more things you can do but the more lucid you are, the more close to wake up you are too.

I explain it like this:
on a chart there is a flat line. This flat line is the frontier between wake up and sleep.

when you dream you goes close to this line, when you have a LD, you are very close to this line and the closer you are, the more “power” you have to change your dream in something you want. It happenned one time onlu that I have had a FULL control on my dream, I mean a fully conscious like if I was wake up on my feet. I could do anything but one thing.
i was in an appartment and I couldn’t go up to the celling: it was the limit I couldn’t go up but appart of this limitation I was really conscious.
I’m sure we can educate ourself to control the consciouness degree we have in dream, it’s a kind of training.

In the past I have make a chart with different level, I don’t remenber how many steps there was , maybe 4 or 5 to describe the consciousness degree you can have in dream.
First one was “hey I’m dreaming !” then you subconscious take back the controll
second was : I’m dreaming, I start to make something like flying, making apprear someone or just changing a little thing and then again, you subconscious take back the control.
third was : I’m dreaming, I can do a few things (flying, going somewhere, watching your hands, changing few things) but you know that you don’t have a complete control on your dream, it’s not very stable
fourth was: you have a complete control on your dream, you are perfectly wake up in your dream.

The main clue that helped me to provoc lucid dream was a reality check: evrytime I was watching something unusual (police car, scared by my girlfriend making me a joke, phone ring while watching a movie etc…) I was pulling my finger with the willing to make it longer. If I’m in “reality” my finger don’t move, if I’m dreaming, my finger was going longer :smile: The RC has been very usefull, in a few days of training (around 2 weeks) I have had more LD but it was 18 years ago…

In my first LD, the first thing I was doing was to fly of course :smile:
Generaly my subconscious was taken control immediatly after that and the dream become something like I’m superman and I beat a flyng shark or something like this :smile:
I’m pretty sure that we can do better things with lucid dream, I’m sure we can “work” for something , for us , for others.

I have been very suprised and very happy to see the characters classification we can meet in dreams on this board because I remeber on time I woke p in my dream and I told to my friend that were in my dream that thing:
“hey, you know what? you the product of my subconsious! I’m dreaming !”
and they have had EXACTLY the reaction described here: my “friends” have had a movment back like if they didn’t understand what I was saying , with a face like " what the hell he is talking about?! he has the wires in shortcut in his mind …" (french expresionn to say “he’s cazy” )

What leads me to think I have found an intersting place was reaing the character classification. When I read "you can meet you subconscious, spiritual guide and “dream god”, I was dubitative, but when I read: “all these characters can lie and you will never know if you are really speaking to a spiritual guide” this lead me to conclude that we have serious guys (and girls) working there.

My english isn’t very good but I hope I will be able to share my own experiments here. When i have discovered this board a few days ago, I told myself: it’s time to come back in lucid dream Cedric :smile:
And it happens 3 days ago: I woke up in my dream but i made a mistak :happy:
I have seen that to become more lucid you can ask for more light, more lucidity in your dream. I have done it but I requested: “I want more consciousness,I want more consciousness, …” and … I woke up :happy:
be carefull of what you are asking for, you will have it ^^
next time i will ask for more light and lucidity as written there :smile:

Thank you to have read this until there, see us in another posts :wink:

,^…^,
Catlord

Hello. I’m Adytza and I am (almost) 17. I was searching for some info about LD and I stumbled upon your forum (what a wonderful thing. I am really happy that I found you :happy:]

Last summer I had LD everynight, without wanting this. I don’t know the “trigger mechanism” for my LD dreams, but what I know is that they gradually started to disappear as the autumn came (and the school too), and I didn’t have a single LD dream since the middle of september. It was pretty sad because I really got used to them =D

What I was searching when I saw this forum was some info about how could I have LD again, what made them stop, and how can I increase my confidence in dreams (I had a LD in which some creature was chasing me and the only thing that could stop it was the light. I had a lamp in my hand and I could increase the range of the light at will, but when I had to do it, I just couldn’t. My lack of confidence stopped me. I know I woke up and I was really disappointed with myself =D]

Anyway, I hope we’ll get along well [surely :content: ] !

P.S. English is not my native language, so I’m sorry for the mistakes I do :smile:

Hey Carlos! nice to meet you! it was really exciting for me, too, when I found out about this forum. It’s great to talk to other people who can lucid dream, and want to increase their conciousness. most people think I’m crazy when I talk to them about my dreams. :content:

Hi, :smile:
One more member with imperfect English here.
I was searching for information about shared dreams and I came upon this forum. Wow, it looks like a great community, glad to be with you, folks :smile:
The most important thing about me is that I’m not experienced in LD at all. I’ve just started trying some techniques of LD induction. My dreams became more vivid and the recall is easier, but not a real LD yet. I hope I’ll find some useful tips here how to start active LD. It will take some time, I suppose. I’d like to learn the experience of advanced LDreamers. Any recommendations will be highly appreciated.
Ah, I am 35 years old, have a wonderful job and DOG, and I like natural things in life generally.

Hy Liza and welcome.

The most important thing to accept is that becoming lucid on daily basis takes some time, and by realizing that you’ll see that the things goes much easier… Also have some goals for your lucid dreams, those keeps you motivated…

Good luck!

Hello i’m Aaron i’m 18 years old and I’ve been a avid lucid dreamer for about two years and i stumbled upon this website i have been having a dilds almost every night for awhile. However a big thing that i am proud of is that i am able to wild successfully at night almost at will now.

Also i’m going on the uberman sleep schedule this Monday i almost successfully adapted to polyphasic sleep once before(12 days without a oversleep) but i gave up prematurely this time i’m going for at-least a month if i don’t fully adapt in this time and wild into my dreams ill have no choice but to abandon it. i’m keeping a blog about my adaption.
My blog: https://www.insomniacs-dream.info

Hello, I am fatoniks and I am new here. I am new to LD also. I haven’t had any LD yet but I have started to use some techniques and I hope to have my first LD. Hopefully soon.

Hey, im Magnificus ( well not really, my actual name is Kevin). I used to go to this forum a long time ago, but i’ve completely forgotten all my account details, so i’ve just created a new one. I’ve come back becuse of a revived interest in lucid dreaming; having another ld is going to be quite difficult considering ive nearly lost all my dream recall, but yeah, ive come back. Oh, and by the way, Magnificus is magnificent in Latin; it happens to be very cool sounding.

Hello, I’m John.
I stumbled upon this site while researching… I’m glad I found it. It seems like a nice community.
Anyway, I’m almost 17, and have been interested in LDing for a while, with minor success. Just stopped by to say Hi, and I’m looking forward to talking with you guys.

HI all :smile:

I dream every night as long as I can remember (I’m 27)
Most of the time I can recall them very easily so I would like to know more about LD to control my dreams :smile:

Hello everyone
Im new here to ld4all and im still trying to remember more then one drean a night so Im not really a lucid dreamer but working on it. :smile: . I found out about lucid dreaming a few weeks ago when reading a article on how this doctor used lucid dreaming as a way to practice difficult and dangerous procedures that he wouldnt be able to practice in real life. i have been interested ever since and im keen to get to that level of lucid dreaming ability. but first i think ill concentrate on flying as that sounds epic :smile:. I look foward to reading through all the forums and discussions on this site as im sure their heaps of valuable stuff for me to learn inorder to achieve a high Lucid dreaming ability.
Cheers.

Hello.
I became interested in lucid dreaming a couple of years ago and was able to have quite a few lucid dreams. Many big things happened in my life which took my motivations elsewhere. Now I’m quite reclusive and shut in my bedroom most of the time. I meditate, but would also like to lucid dream again and to start my DJ again so that I can get some mental stimulation.

Hello to all,

I’ve been interested in LD a few years ago but dropped after I had my first false LD. I come back to it now, for spiritual reasons after having had a short spontaneus but amazingly pleasant LD and a highly symbolic dream on the same night 3 weeks ago.

I Just have an ‘almost true’ LD this morning after two weeks of execises to remember my dreams which motivated me to post on this forum.

I’m reading the book Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming and like it a lot !

I’m glad that such a community exist on the internet and I hope I’ll keep the motivation to explore the world of LD and go beyond :smile:

Hello all!

I’m new, obviously. I’m 15 years old and have always been interested in the world of LD. My dad told me about LDs, so I knew what they were with minimal research. I’ve only really had one LD, and it was very short. I created a sword in the dream and then woke up soon after I examined it in my hand. I’ve been creeping around the forums a bit before joining, and have tried WILD a couple of nights recently. I am just interested in exploring the pure creation of LDing and i look forward to my time here. :happy:

I think it’s time for a BIG welcome and :grouphug:

It’s great to have you here, Minecraftrocks, Isorwas, skyglide, catlord, xxAdytzaxx, Liza, theinsomniac, fatoniks, Magnificus, zeagle159, Khaleesi, nagor, face, Lysergication, and Siryss :yay: