The Big "Hi, I'm new here!" Topic - part XIX

Hi.

I’m a 16 year old girl from Lithuania. I’ve only recently started actively training to have an LD, even though I had my first one about half a year ago I think (I didn’t know what it was at the time, but I went around gloating about the wonderful experience for a week). I had another one few days ago, and I’m a bit puzzled that I wouldn’t become lucid after performing reality checks all day or repeating certain phrases to myself until I fall asleep, but when I did it was when I was in a nightmare and wished desperately to escape from it.
First time I was a partisan captured by the Soviet army, and now I was in a bus with my whole class making fun of me. This didn’t seem odd or dream-like or anything that seems to trigger lucidity in other people, I just had no other way of escaping. Now I’d gladly have nightmares every night to become lucid, I love that feeling so much, but… I don’t really have nightmares anymore o_o These two were the only such situations I can remember at all, you know, dead-ends.

Now that I’ve written it all out, it seems so ridiculous, like anyone would deliberately want to become lucid through a nightmare xD Maybe I should have more confidence in normal methods of lucidity, but I don’t ever even dream about lightswitches, mirrors or other such things that I’ve noticed are mentioned around the forums a lot, and the details are usually right :confused: I’ve had extremely realistic dreams recently now that I’ve been thinking about dreaming a lot… oh well. Maybe I just need to train more.

Hi there - Nice to meet you all!: ). I have had a wide and varied experience of all sorts of sleep related phenomena etc…
Anyone else on here from bonny Scotland.

<Mod Edit - This topic has been split! part XX can be found Here! :hurray:>