Part XII
Part XIII
Part XIV
Part XV
Part XVI
Part XVII
Part XVIII
Part XIX <-- you are here :boogie:

This topic is to prevent the forums from being cluttered with individual “Hello, I’m new to this forum, nice to meet Y’all” topics.
So now we have a whole BIG topic where everybody can introduce themselves.

So if you are new and want to say ‘Hi’ to the rest of us, this is an excellent place to do it!
Of course, anyone is welcome to post in this topic, not just the new members.
[/color][/b]

Hey All,
I am usually in the chat but i have finally gotton around to joining the forum.

I think that i will like it here

Hi to all.

I’m a 20 year old student from Helsinki, Finland.

Like many others, I had many spontaneous lucid dreams when I was a child. I gradually lost the ability and forgot about it in my teens. Years ago I found a link to the LD4all site and got interested in rediscovering the world of lucid dreams. However, I never had enough motivation to continue to try, and the site collected dust for many years in my bookmarks, where I kept it thinking that some day I’ll start to try in earnest.

This spring I once again browsed through the LD4all site, determined to finally become a lucid dreamer. That’s when I discovered the book “Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming” by Stephen LaBerge in the books section of the site. That seemed like a good book on the subject. I ordered it through a local book store and started reading it. Once again I started to keep a dream journal, this time more commitedly than before, inspired by the advice of the book, and I started to attempt inducing LDs. Once again I lost my motivation, when I didn’t get results quickly.

During the last couple of weeks, however, when I have had much time off, I started again. After the first week of commitment I had my first LD in this period. It wasn’t much, I got to fly for a while until it faded away (now I realise that I should have noticed that the lucidity was fading because the sky went muddy and dim, and should have tried to strengthen it) but it inspired me to continue.

Now, after a few weeks of commitment, I have had four lucid dreams during the last week. I seem to have crossed a certain treshold and I expect it to become easier and easier as my confidence grows. They are still not much, only a few minutes in lenght, but clearer than I’ve ever had. I have been using LaBerge’s MILD technique as described in the book, and that seems to be a good technique for me.

I plan to use my LDs (aside for fun, of course) for strengthening my self-confidence, which has never been as good as possible. I also plan to learn WILD techniques. Another area of LD usage in the future may be spiritual discovery. I recently resigned from the Christian church as I increasingly became to think that beliefs should be individual, not prescribed by a religious community (I would join a community with common rituals but no common beliefs, if there were one where I live, as I have nothing against shared rituals that strengthen the ties of a community).

Quite a long post for an introduction. Oh well, maybe that tells something about my intensified enthusiasm. :smile:

Hello assorted LD4All members :peek:, I’m Kevin - a 19 y/o student from Ireland.

I had my first lucid dream several years ago spontaneously. The lucidity didn’t last for long, and at the time I wasn’t sure what I had just experienced. I was fascinated for a while, but with no term to attach to it, the matter soon fell to the wayside.

Eventually I came across the term ‘lucid dreaming’, and a few searches of the web turned up a lot of interesting material… I didn’t put a lot of effort into it at first, though. I read extensively, but didn’t try any of the induction techniques. Eventually, I had about three more spontaneous lucid dreams, but none of them lasted long. In one of them, I tried the spinning technique in an attempt to restore the dream, and thought I had woken up when I was actually still in the dream. At this point I gave up my attempts to remain in the dream, when it was still probably salvageable. Didn’t realise this for some time :bored:

Over the last few days, I’ve started trying out induction methods for the first time. WILD seems like the method I’d particularly like to master, though I’ve heard that many consider it one of the toughest. The idea of being able to consciously enter a dream is very appealing…

No, I haven’t had any lucid dreams since I started my induction attempts. Hopefully I’ll have one soon, that lasts longer than the 5-10 seconds that the previous lucid dreams boasted :tongue:

To all the new people who came here looking for their very first lucid dream, I assure you its worth it. The very realisation that you’re asleep makes the first experience worth it, even if you crash out of lucidity in five seconds! Stay motivated!

-Kev

:welcome: dreamwitch, ogmoir and Xine :happy:

:wave: welcome to LD4all dreamwitch, ogmoir and Xine
/me warmly welcomes the new members to LD4all :grin:

It’s a very friendly forum, and if you are interested in discovering techniques to improve the length or frequency of LDs, there is a lot of advice and opinions by members who have learnt from their own experience and experiments during LDs.

So just jump into the community and start interacting :smile: (we don’t bite :tongue: )

except if you play in wolfgame… /me growls :grin:

Thanks for the warm welcomes. You were so close not to be scary. :content:

This indeed looks like a hospitable community. There are just so much going on here that I think it’s going to take a while to accommodate. :smile:

Dont stay in one place too long. They will get you! You hear me?! THEYLL GET YOU!

Thanks for the Welcome Pas and all

Hey everyone,

So I assume I’m supposed to post my hello here… I’ve been ‘lurking’ for the longest time. I probably discovered this site a year-ish ago. I kept watch because people actually post in this forum. It’s impossible to find forums on dreams that people actually continually post at. Thank God for that.

Anyways, I’m Jadge - I’m 18 and am a lucid dreamer/OBE’er, even though there seems to be conflict over the subject of OBEs. It’s all good though. I’m pretty easy going and like to talk so feel free to message me or whatever. I used to lucid dream and what not constantly, but that stop happening recently which really sucks so I am trying to get back into that. I’m excited to finally start posting. But that’s all from me - if you got any questions just ask!

Greetings to all!!!

Great to be a part of this. I was introduced to the practice of Lucid Dreaming through my own fascination of dreams and the surreal.

I started having Lucid Dreams not long ago. I dreamt i was about to sleep with a girl i really liked (i realised it wasnt real as she would never go to bed with me!!), and have yet been unable to stay within an LD.

Im looking forward to learning from everyone here.

Regards.

:welcome: hello Jadge and spatookbien :happy:

we do have a few members who post for a while and then disappear … but they always seem to return :grin:
I think it’s good that when someone posts a question here, you always get at least a few answers … it isn’t just left to a few “experts” to reply.

:lol: we have a moderator called sureal (with one R) :tongue:

I hope you both remain active members for a long time :content:

hey everyone. pretty new to the whole dream world. found an article about lucid dreaming online and i found this site here. lil background on me is that my name is Mat, i turned 20 yesterday (the 15th) and im an art student at a small fine art school in San Diego, studying to go into fine art and/or illustration for games and movies.

i actually talked to my dad about lucid dreaming and he told me he has IMO… low level lucid dreams 4-5 times a week. he told me he has control, but not very often does he realize hes dreaming. other members of my family are the same way.

i have very vivid dreams about 1-2 a week but never to the extent of a lucid dream. actually the other night i did have control (pushing the ocean back at a fast rate of speed, changing animals into less dangerous ones, putting out larger fires) but no awareness of me being in a dream state.

anyways not to sure if this is the right spot to post but i figured this this is the first steps then this should be ok. im currently just doing the WILD technique and so far ive gotten very good and getting into dreams this way. last night while in a sleep paralysis (tho awake) i was able to sit up and make the room change. tho this scared the crap outta me and snapped me back awake. hehe damn. no dream recall after that tho. better luck tonight i hope :wink:

im a 16 year old kid trying to ludid dream, i had two already but i couldnt do much and if i tryed i will wake up. i found out about this a few weeks ago and i love it here. im pretty much a begginer. :grin:

Welcome welcome! I am also just beginning, it can be very cool to notice you are making progress:-D Good luck anyways!

hi my name is gary and i live in hawaii i am 15 years old i love to listen to music,play guitar, and skateboard. i’m trying to become lucid in my dreams buts its not happening i tried my first time yesterday :razz:

welcome to the forum led zeppelin skater :welcome: :beer:

Very few people have a lucid dream on their first night so don’t let that discourage you. If you stay with it and practice you will see results. Lucid dreaming is not that hard.

To begin check out the first steps section to get started. There is a lot of good information there.

What method did you use to try to induce a lucid dream?

:wave: hello |ntern, daledelly and led zeppelin skater :happy:
welcome to LD4all :grin:
:thumbs: you seem to be doing well with WILD |ntern, most dreamers wake quite fast during their first LDs.
:boogie: congratulations on the 2 LDs daledelly
/me hopes led zeppelin skater has his first lucid dream soon :content:

howdy |ntern, led zepplin skater and daledelly (you too ellnv! i am slow and do not seem to notice newcomers :neutral: )
welcome to this forum! i look foward to
hearing all about your progress (start an online
dj perhaps?) and insights you have on your quests.

X

howdee!