The BIG "Hi I'm new here!" Topic XV

[b][color=red]
Welcome to The Big “Hi, I’m new here!” Topic - part 15.

Part I
Part II
Part III
Part IV
Part V
Part VI
Part VII
Part VIII
Part IX
Part X
Part XI
Part XII
Part XIII
Part XIV
Part 15 <-- you are here :grin:

This topic is to prevent the forums from being cluttered with individual “Hello, I’m new to this forum, nice to meet Y’all” topics.
So now we have a whole BIG topic where everybody can introduce themselves.

So if you are new and want to say ‘Hi’ to the rest of us, this is an excellent place to do it!
Of course, anyone is welcome to post in this topic, not just the new members.
[/color][/b]
As im sure many of you first were brought into luccid dreams…i watched waking life for the first time about 2 weeks ago. In those 2 weeks i bought the movie and have watched it 5 times since. I have always been a vivid dreamer but have yet to try and have luccid dreams. Though i have had two without knowing it was called a luccid dream and they were by far the best ive had. But anywho! haha, hopefully i can relate to a lot of what everyone has to say here in the next few days/weeks/months. Adios!

fu11erthanempty

Welcome to the forum. :smile:

You know, I have not seen “the waking life” yet. Thanks for reminding me to rent it this weekend.

It is great to hear that you have already experienced what a lucid dream is like. Trust me, they get better from here.

I hope you grow to enjoy this community as much as I do.

Happy dreaming :universe:

Hello!

I’ve had lots of dreams before where I could control things, but I never knew that they were called lucid dreams! I thought they were just wierd dreams. But then, here I stumbled onto this forum’s website, and I learned so much that I didn’t know about! I’ll go make a dream diary in the forum for it right away, so I don’t take up space here!

Alaylle

Welcome to ld4all.

I look forward to reading about your dreams and hearing about your experiences with lucid dreaming.

Hey Alaylle! Welcome to the forum :happy:

Great to hear you already have some experience with lucid dreaming :smile: Yes it often happens people experienced it before but didn’t know they’re called LDs.

Enjoy your stay and happy LDing! :grin:

Hi, I’m Daniel.First, I’d like to say that my english is not good, if someone find any mistake, forgive me : D.

Since the last year , I have many nightmares , true scary nightmares, demons, spirits, witchcraft … I begin to visit a lot of diferrent religion ‘temples’ and dont take any effect.

When the timing is passing it its decrease, I think that I have these dreams, cuz i’am studying a lot in this time to join in the Univesity of São Paulo(it’s hard), and I get stressed.This year I have some Lucid Dreams, but I dont have total control.Yesterday I have a strange psicodelic dream, sometimes I know that are a dream, but I dont have total control, is very funny.

I hope that everybody understood : D

[]'s

:wave: hello again Alaylle, I have been following your dream journal and welcomed you there. :happy:
:happy: Welcome to ld4all Sepulnation

Lucid dreams are great with or without control … just being in a lucid dream is a good feeling. :grin:
I could understand your post, Keep posting here and your english will get better and better. :wink:

Hello everyone.

I found this place some years ago I belive. I had heard about lucid dreaming from somewhere and wanted to know more. Looking around, I got very interested and wanted more than anything to have a lucid dream but I never got around trying. Then, just a couple of nights ago, I had my first lucid dream, just a couple of seconds but still.

And so I found my way back here to learn how to have more lucid dreams.

cptCalavera

Welcome back and congratulations on your first lucid dream.

Hello, everybody. My name is Rael Olivera, I’m male, and 14 years old. My religion is Spiritism, a mix between Christianity, and Bhuddism. I’ve always been fastinated with spirits, dreams, other worlds, etc., which is why I joined these forums.

When someone linked to this site on another forum, I decided to check it out. Upon reading the first few sentences, my eyes became attracted like magnets to the computer screen. I tried having a lucid dream twice already, but with no luck. However, I did remember my dream both times though (Moreso the second time, which may be a sign that I’m improving!), which is rare, considering I’ve hardly been remembering them the past couple years.

I’ve had a lucid dream 3 or 4 times in my life, so far. My friend told me that in a nightmare, he would realize it’s just a dream, and pretend it’s a video game where he would blast enemies apart. So in my dream, I tried doing similar things, but once again, no luck, for some reason… Anyway, I would like to learn more about controlling my dreams, so I can do things I would never be able to do in real life (fly, breathe underwater, materialize weapons from thin air, etc.). I would also like to communicate with spirits, online friends (something I can never do personally :razz:), my guardian angel, etc.

This is probably far more than you care to know about me, so thanks for reading this far. :slight_smile:

:wave: hello cptCalavera congratulations on your first lucid dream :cheer: We have a sticky topic in our dream journal forum for members to post their first lucid dream if they wish. I hope you get your second LD really soon.
:happy: welcome to ld4all rael0505_Muteki it was great to read so much about you. I look forward to reading your future ld4all posts :grin: You may wish to start a dream journal in our dream journal forum, so you can keep a record of your LDs online. :wiske:

Hello everyone I’m Marius Nightvale I’m new here.

Hi and welcome, Marius Nightvale :cool:

There are a lot of people called Marius here in Norway, too. Do you by any chance have Norwegian family?

Hi, I’m Davide. I learned of ‘lucid dreaming’ quite a lot of time ago in Wikibooks and I have been reading some sites(including this)a bit but without really trying. I’m very young(16)and I can remember than when I was about 10-12 I used to lucid dream all the time. Now, If I want to start to 'train’for lucid dreaming, what important posts should I read, and how should I choose my tecnique(I know there are various different ones)?

Lo bob. I wouldn’t exactly call 16 very young, but whatever.

Anyways, in the the lucidity intro section, there’s a thread called ‘how to choose your technique’ (or summit along those lines). You could take a look at that.

There’s also a dedicated thread for the big main techniques (RC’s, WILD, MILD, WBTB) that you may want to check out as well.

If you have a question, either search for it and see what you find, or post it up in lucidity intro. Everyone will be more than happy to answer it.

If you have some time, take a look in the dream diary section, and read some other peoples LD’s. They can give you ideas and motivation.

The big ‘so what do you want us to do?’ and ‘favourite thigns to do in LD’s’ will also give you ideas and motivation.

There’s a number of experiments you may wish to look in on, ranging from the scientific to the more ‘you have to believe’ thing (eg. shared dreaming).

Um… I’m stucj on things to say now. But needless to say, there’s plenty more stuff (this forum is perhaps one of the best collections on LD’ing) :grin:.

Hey. A few days ago I had an accidental lucid dream. I had never even heard of the concept before but I had one anyway. I told a friend about it, cause of what a weird dream it was, and he pointed me here. Now Ive done my research and Im ready to give this stuff a shot. It sounds awsome and Im really looking forward to the whole thing.

Hello all fellow lucid dreamers!

Some people call me Hate - so can you. At the moment I’ve spent 17 years and 1 month of my life. As some uninteresting facts, I’m a male, a capricorn and live in Finland. I guess that was all the compulsory general information :content:

Anyway, I heard about lucid dreaming last summer. I think I got my first lucid right after. Soon I found my way to a Finnish lucid site and here. I’ve had several lucid dreams and I’m developing all the time. Now I finally decided to join here.

Hello people!

My name is Wayne, I’m 44, married 19 years, and I work as a programmer. I had my first LD when I was about 9 or 10, but just got seriously interested and informed about it within the last few months. I’ve been a member over at DreamViews.com since November, but thought I’d check out this forum too (especially since DV is having “technical difficulties” right now :cry: ).

Anyone who wants to chat, please feel free to IM me.

Howdy :content:

I’m Richard, most of my friends call me Dixon (as it is my surname) and most people online call me dixon/dix0n/whatever you want to call me as long as you don’t offend me :content: I’m 16 now, 17 in march, and live in the UK.

I’m kinda new to lucid dreaming, had my first proper lucid dream a long time ago now when I didn’t realise what it was. I was having a bad insomnia episode and had a false awakening. repeatedly. It was rather scary because I didn’t know what to do, I was running up the stairs, shouting at my dad saying “I’m dreaming! You have to wake me up!” then falling over and waking up, and each time it would happen differently, and so on.

Anyways, I’ve only really been interested in lucid dreaming now for about 2 or 3 months, and have been researching it on the net. Today just happened to be the day I looked for a forum :content:

(Sorry about the long sig - that thought occured to me lastnight and i couldn’t really exlain it in a shorter text.)

:wave: hello Marius Nightvale, Davide, renko, hate, TygrHawk and dix0n :grin:
I hope you all enjoy your stay at the ld4all forum and become part of our friendly community. :wiske: