the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic III

[color=red][mod] Hello everybody, This is the part III of the “Hi, I’m new here!” topic.

Part I
part II

part IV

This topic is to prevent the forums from being cluttered with individual “hello, I’m new to this forum, nice to meet Y’all” topics. So now we have a whole big one where everybody can introduce themselves.

So if you are new and want to say HI to the rest of us, this is an exellent place to do it!

(If you are a longtime visitor, you are of course welcome to say a few words here about yourself too )

[/mod] [/color]

hi and thanks firehorse :smile:

it worked, now i remember ATLEAST one dream every night and few days ago i remembered up to 5 dreams.

Great! :tongue:

Hi! i’m sara and 20 years old.
I’m just for a few days new at the dutch forum. Because i’m sometimes the only one in the chat i have registered here in the english.
So i’m pretty new in ths ‘world’ of lucide dreams. But i do have often dreams that i almost always write down at my site. But it’s in dutch so unfortunately the most here can’t read it (that’s an idea: i can translate some things on my website to engglish :smile:)
I like to read, write, dream. In fact: I’m addicted to stories and that kind of stuff, and also movies :d (and also being on my own)
How did i get here in the first place? a friend of mine had told me about this site and i find it a very cool site. But i think she’s only as guest here often.

I’m not hoping to get lucid dreams but seems kinda cool to me to have one. I just wan to say: Hi folks! Hope you guys get some lucid dreams.
(Maybe i have had once a lucid dream - and if i get typing errors or something, i’m not that good in english)

Hi to you too Sara, and welcome to the site. :alien:

Hi Sara,

Hoe gaat het? Welcome to ld4all.com forum! You’ll find it very useful. :smile:

Please translate some of your dream entries for us to read… I’d love to read your dreams! :smile:

I wish you the best luck in your lucid journey!

Lieve dromen mijn vriend! (I’m learning Dutch :wink: ).

Dag

Hello everybody.
I’m new here. :smile:
I was intrested in Lucid dreaming when my borther told me he could control his dreams. I started keeping a dream diary 23/02/03. I started to give up but then had a mini-lucid dream. (What they called? pre-ludic? It all confuses me!)
I had three more lucid dreams (virtualy no control) that month.
My favorite lucid dram I had so far is when I relized I was dreaming and ran through a wall.

Technodreamer: Welcome to ld4all forum! It’s really nice to meet you. :smile: It’s great that you have LDs already. :wink: Welcome again! :happy: Feel free to explore around! There are a lot that you can learn from! :grin:

Backslider: I didn’t see your comment until now. LOL! Thank you! I love my avartar. It represents who I truly am. :wink: I’ll let you figure that out. Hehehehehe.

Hey Technodreamer,

Welcome to ld4all! :alien:

Thanks to everyone and anyone who is going to say hello. Last night I beat my record of remembering dreams, from 4 dreams to 7 :happy:
I’ve never remembered so many dreams. :grin:
Anyway, how old are people around here. I’m only 14!

Technodreamer

You can find almost everyone’s age here-
https://community.ld4all.com/t/how-old-are-you-part-ii/7117

Congratulations on your new recall record! :alien:

Agh. Didn’t find this till’ it was too late. Oh well. Hiya.

Hi Arono,

Don’t feel bad, a lot of people don’t even stop in up here at all. Glad you’re here though, see ya around. :alien:

Hi. I’m new. ^^ I’m 19 years old, Dutch.

I’ve had weird dream/night experiences since I was little. It started when I had medication from a hospital operation (tongsels removed like a lot of kids). I started having nightly hallucinations shortly after, very likely because of the meds. My hallucination I called back then, I was about 4yrs, ‘seeing big and small’. Because all of the perspective and dimensions messed up, I usually felt incredibly small in a huge room…

I’ve always been good at remembering dreams, I usually remember 2 to 3 a night, although not always with the best detail. I’ve also been interested in dream interpretation and lucid dreams but never actively got into it before. I sometimes also have involuntary WILDs (although I’m not sure if that’s right… I just get pulled into a dream right from my waking state), and have had about 5 LDs I can remember, of which the longest probably took about 10 to 20 seconds. Others I had a lot of trouble maintaining - usually going back into the dream flow. I hope that with the help of this great site (why didn’t I discover it before?) and the forum I can expand my dreaming abilities and learn to dream lucid frequently. ^^

I also talk a lot. :content:

Ack, I shoulda checked here before posting that topic… :eek:

Welcome Ashvura,

A very interesting post, I’ve also had some of those “big and small” experiences (along with quite a few other people on this forum), I saw everything in a sort of rickety miniature, with all the cars looking like hotwheels, It was a total mind blower! Anyway, glad you’re here, it looks like you’ll add a lot to the forum. :alien:

Btw, here is a link to a discussion we had on the “big and small” thing. You might find it interesting.
https://community.ld4all.com/t/everything-gets-really-small-and-far-away-what-is-that/6679

Hey Luminar,

Welcome to the forum! :tongue:

Thanks. ^^ And thanks for the link. I encountered the following post:

That’s pretty much exactly it. I experienced it as hallucinations and extreme panic during the night. I didn’t sleep with the lights off for a long, long time - until I was 13 or 14, even. I had no idea it happened to more people. That makes it less frightening, heh. But even when I try to regain that ‘big and small’ sense, it scares me. :\

The strange thing is, there was a time I had been experimenting with OBE’s. I never succeeded because I kept having the feeling I was choking and the concentrating on my breathing caused me to be tense. Anyway… at one point when trying OBE, you do get this sense of… perspective expanding. It’s like space is all around you. It usually happens when you focus on the area between your eyes for a long time - that’s probably also why reading induces that feeling.

Boy… I’m ranting again in the inappropriate topic. Sorry. ^^ I just find it really interesting :happy:

I’m interested in experiencing a lucid dream without waking up with excitement :eek: I’ ve never enjoyed one for longer than a few seconds after becoming lucid.
I tried spinning but felt like I was knocking my fingertips on something , thought I had woken up but had just gone into a dream about waking :blush:

Hey everybody, I am new to these forums. I am a newbie at lucid dreams. I’ve had 2 intentional ones in the last 2 weeks and hope to keep getting better. Hope to see you guys around here :cool_laugh:.

Hey BuLLeT-Pr00f, moogle, Ashvura, TechnoDreamer…

Don’t worry you guys will get better at it… LDing for most people needs a little practice and patience. At first I thought I was stuck, then I had the best LD I’ve ever had. It just keeps getting better and better over time. It’s sort of like a long term investment that matures over time. Well, I’ll stop ranting now and let Firehorse, Jack, and DM7 (whoever makes it here first mwah mwah) do their jobs. And FireHorse, as a special request, please rhyme all the welcomes you can :grin: that’s a great idea hehehehe

Thanks! Yea, sometimes I can get a bit frusterated. But I’m gonna keep trying and I know eventually I will have more success like you guys :wink:.