The Big "Hi, I'm new here!" Topic - part XVIII

[b][color=red]
Welcome to The Big “Hi, I’m new here!” Topic - part XVIII.

Part I
Part II
Part III
Part IV
Part V
Part VI
Part VII
Part VIII
Part IX
Part X
Part XI
Part XII
Part XIII
Part XIV
Part XV
Part XVI
Part XVII
Part XVIII<-- you are here :boogie:

This topic is to prevent the forums from being cluttered with individual “Hello, I’m new to this forum, nice to meet Y’all” topics.
So now we have a whole BIG topic where everybody can introduce themselves.

So if you are new and want to say ‘Hi’ to the rest of us, this is an excellent place to do it!
Of course, anyone is welcome to post in this topic, not just the new members.
[/color][/b]

Hi everyone,
I’m thrilled to find this forum. I started having LDs out of the blue a few months ago. After doing some reading here today, I found out I’ve been doing the WILD method without even knowing it was a path to LDs. I used watching the pictures and listening to the sounds as a way to keep from being bored while waiting to fall asleep (I’m a bit of an insomniac). I’m primarily interested in LDs as a means of furthering my spiritual path. If anyone can suggest how to do that, or where to look for information, I would appreciate it.
Thanks

Welcome Wilivy

I am glad you have found us.

Yes, lucid dreaming can be used for spiritual enhancement. In fact lucid dreaming has been used by Tibetan Buddhist for thousands of years as path to enlightenment.

Anyway some topics you might want to look in: the beyond lucid dreaming, philosopher’s cloud, and the even dream spell sections of the forum. However, you may helpful threads in other parts of the forum as well. If you have a specific topic in mind you can use the search function at the top of the page.

Hello :content:

I’m new there.
I’m Mysdrim from France. A 23 years old girl.
I heard of you on Oniris the forum of Pierre :content: .
I’m not a big lucid dreamer, just 2 LDs per month for the moment. But I had good experiences like when my hands crossed a window for the first time ( :cool: ).
My english is limited :shy: so I don’t know if I will understand everything.
But I will try :grin:

Perseverance… I like that.:smile:

Anyway, Welcome Mysdrim.

Thanks !! :wink:

You should post in the info about yourself topic, or any other intro topic in the gathering

Just saying Hello :smile: I’m a 25 year old guy and found out about lucid dreaming somwhere between 8-10 years ago from a documentary on TV. The details are a little fuzzy, but I remember it compared sleeping in one long session to sleeping in many short sessions staggered through the day. It also went into REM sleep, dreaming, and lucid dreaming - talking about studies done at Stanford with REM detectors flashing LED’s to the participants (I am pretty sure it was LaBerge). Also, if anyone knows the name of that documentary let me know!

I have attempted to work on lucidity a few times before, waking up and trying to write down what I remembered of my dream, but I found that the actual act of writing and trying to spell etc made my dream fade quickly as I was trying to write it down. I bought a digital voice recorder yesterday and that worked much better (at least last night). I normally remember a few dreams a week, but just last night I remembered 4 different dreams. None were very long and not lucid at all, but I actually woke up after each one and got a good description of the first one and the last one. The two in between I couldnt find my voice recorder (it had gotten lost in the sheets - argh). I thought it was really strange that I woke up after each one as I never wake up in the night, its almost like just concentrating on wanting to remember them made it happen somehow.

Anyways I’ll stop rambling for now, glad to have found this forum. One more thing about me, I’m more on the scientific side of things. Lucid dreaming makes sense to me, but I’m not really in to the whole shared dream/alter plane/astral projection type things.

/wave

Hi I am the nowhereman ( do you know the Beatles’s song “he’s a real nowhereman…”). I am interested in sailing, computers, and music : the Beatles, the Pink Floyd, the Clash…
I play bass guitar.
I’d like to lucid dreaming ( I try for two or three month, I’m a beginner ^^).
Mysdrim : salut c’est nowhereman du forum oniris.

Salut :content:

Bienvenue !!

:welcome: welcome to LD4all Wilivy, Mysdrim and Raaj

oo Wilivy, you are a natural LDer, you will have lots of opportunities to experiment with your lucid abilities :wiske:

Mysdrim, I often think the quality and how much enjoyment we get from our lucid dreams is more important than the number we have per month :grin: You sound like you really enjoy yours :happy:

Raaj, the good thing about LD4all is that there’s a place for everyone whereever you are on the scale of science versus “new age” and master lucid dreamer and beginner :boogie:

I hope you all enjoy your time at LD4all and that you stay with us for a long time. :thumbs:

:lol: you sneaked in and posted when I was replying and splitting the topic :grin:
Yes, I know the song it was in the Yellow Submarine film with the blue meanies in it :grin:
hello nowhereman, just read all the information topics. An idea would be to use the “choose your technique” post in the library here … you should find the best method for you to use to get LDs :wiske: just experiment and believe you can do it :happy:

Hello everyone! It’s good to see lots of new people coming in!

And remember:
We want you to feel :welcome:
And not like you want to :hide:

Now it’s time for the :grouphug:

Yes!
We want you to feel wavy.
And not like you want to couch.
Now it’s time for the changing of the colour of the skin. I call blue!

Um… sorry…
Couldn’t resist.

Hi Mysdrim and Nowhereman! :cool_laugh: :hurray: :cheer:

Glad to see you again! :partying_face: Steb is there too, he choose Jul’ as a nick. :grin:
It’s a great forum there… but don’t forget the little french one! :tongue:

Hi Nowhereman, now I have that song stuck in my head :help: :welcome: to everyone, enjoy yourselves and don’t worry about the language barriers everyone’s typos make up for it :tongue:
Surreal LOL!

Welcome… Mysdrim, Raaj and Nowhereman.

It’s nice to see how this forum has grown. You’ll have lots of fun.

Bienvenidos

Hello! :cool:

I’m not sure, but I may be the youngest “brat” you people are going to deal with - I’m a 13 year old girl. :content: I live in a small country called Estonia, it’s in Europe, a neighbor of Russia.
I play tennis, and i love my guitar. Everytime I play it, my mind gets off the problems and I feel refreshened, just like after a long sleep.
I’m new to LD, I joined this forum right after getting to know that LD exists. I believe I’ve had Lucid Dreams before, “not knowingly”. Eg. I watch a film, and then start to fall asleep. I start to hear the “voices”, the part of WILD. Then I know that I’m about to fall asleep, and I wake up. It has happened alot of times.
And I’ve thinked while dreaming. Once I was going to the bathroom when I was dreaming. I would have made my bed wet, but I realized, that it was a dream, and I woke up. :smile:
Yesterday I tried the WILD method. I couldn’t stay aware, but I’m sure I will. I didn’t lose faith. :smile:

Anyway, thanks for having me here and have a nice day. :wink:

madm

:woah: Only 13!!!

Nah, just kidding. :tongue: Welcome, hope to see you around.

Indeed. Greebings madm.
/me bows
*madm curtsies

/me remembers that chivalry is dead, so he buggers off…

Welcome Madm.

Don’t worry about age. I’m only 14 myself.