The Big "Hi, I'm new here!" Topic - Part XXIII

Hi Neruo :welcome:

Nice to hear that you have had youre first LD allready , I`m sure you will get more of them ! :thumbs:

6-7 dreams DR is a very good start (I havent had that DR yet :shy: )

Good luck on youre quest for LDs ! :thumbs:

:wave: welkom Neruo
There is also a dutch LD4all forum that you may wish to also join :smile:
/me agrees :yes: normal dreams are brilliant and lucid ones are even better :grin:

Hey, dreamers!

My name is Bruno Ansarah, and I live in Brazil. In one week, I’ll be 17 years old.

It’s summer down here in the Southern Hemisphere, and the landscape looks just beautiful through my bedroom’s window (a large door-like window). It’s been raining a LOT lately here in São Paulo, and today the whole city looked amazing at the sunset, covered by clouds all around.

Seeing this magnificent view through my window, I got to remember some of my dream landscapes, and of course, the dreams themselves. And then, feeling a bit nostalgic, I decided to join this forum, as LD4All had helped me a lot when I was fifteen and started having nightmares on a daily basis, some of which developed into insomnia. I had experienced lucidity in one or two of these nighmares, and started looking for ways to trigger lucidity again, which I came to found in this site.

It didn’t just work things out, not rightaway, but I started making RCs everywhere and got to become lucid more and more often, until one day I stoped having nightmares. A couple of weeks later though, I stopped remembering my dreams.

The rest of my fifteenth and my sixteenth years were quite busy, and I couldn’t focus on remembering/recording my dreams and experiencing lucidity.

Now, though, my life is way calmer, and I found time to paint, cook, write, blog, sport and—why not?—give lucid dreams a try. So here am I, wish me luck! :wink:

Good luck Bruno Ansarah ! :cheer:

And :welcome:

Welcome back :welcome: Bruno Ansarah
I’m glad this site was able to help you with your previous nightmare problem. Now I hope it can help you to have more and better LDs :thumbs:

Yeah, hope so too, thanks :smile:

I’m Moocow, and I come from being a moderator on the Facepunch Studios forum (forum for gmod, the HL2 mod).

I can’t seem to get LD right. I try WILD the most, but have little success. MILD also doesn’t work well for me because I end up having normal non-lucid dreams.
I don’t get much time to do WBTB because of my school schedual (wake at 6 in the morning, to school at 6:35). This makes sleeping in too valuable on weekends to give up… Looking mainly for advice on WILD.
I’ve been reading through this site, and as usual I believe the forum will help much more.

I hope to learn, and this seems like the right place to do so!

:welcome: Allo once again Moocow! I’m sure you’ll get plenty of advice from the forumers here. :grin:

well, not really new here but im back :open_mouth:

lol, i registered oct 2003 X_X

And only posted 5 times or soo
:welcome:

Welcome Moocow, and welcome back, Danielsan :cool: I hope this place will help you as much as it has helped me!

:wave: hello Moocow and :welcome: welcome back Danielsan

well Moocow the best advice for successful WILD is to do it after some sleep. Even if it is just a brief time awake. Even if you successfully LD when you first go to bed the REM periods are so much shorter at the beginning of the night.

I hope you stay with us longer this time Danielsan :happy:
/me gets curious and goes to peek at those old posts from 2003 :tongue:

Hello fellow Lucid Dreamers!

Im one of the latest additions to the family! Im 26 from London, born 3/11/79. Ive been interested in all things spirtitual and supernatural from an early age. Been reading about astral projection and lucid dreaming for years without having the honour to experience either of them :cry: Im trying not to get desperate…since that which you chase often flees you!

Im extremely glad to have come across such a great forum with plenty of help, advice and experiences. Its great being able to relate to the frustrations of others who have been as unsuccessful as myself ! But I do believe I will get there eventually with the help of all you Professional Dreamers! The whole idea of awakening within a dream fascinates me no end, which in my opinon is the ultimate fantasy. :fly:

Heya KAZMI786! :wave: ‘Professional Dreamers’… I like that title! senses a profile change You’re right about getting desperate, my one friend barely has any lucids because of how hard he tries. There are a lot of newbies as well as elders here, so you’ll fit right in! LDs are well worth the effort. :wink:

I wish you many lucids! :fly:

-Wolf the Professional Dreamer :cool:

:wave: hello KAZMI786 :smile:

you will get one eventually: I always say if i can get some LDs when it takes so many dream oddities to make me realise that I’m dreaming … anyone can get one :grin:
if you read the choose your technique topic in the library, it may help you to choose the best technique for you to use to get LDs :happy:
… and when you get your first LD i look forward to reading about it in the “my first LD collection” in the dream diary forum or even your own DJ in the dream diary forum :content:

Hey Wolf,

Once I reach your level I may have to claim that title back! lol

Hey Moogle,

I assure you when I achieve my first lucid dream, I’ll be annoucing it from the roof tops! It will probably make it in the papers too! But obviously not before I share the experience on the appropriate forums on! :user:

Hey, KAZMI786, welcome to the forum. I hope you join me, a three-day-old member of this forum, in the quest for LDing!

Hopefully, our generation of members will rule this forum one day! [incidentally: how do I make that evil laughing smile? it’s not on the smiley listing] [edit: hah! now I know! :ebil:]

Yeah, I liked that too, but I still don’t feel like I could consider myself one. So I changed my to Amateur Dreamer, to remind me of a new goal of mine: become a Pro. :grin:

welcome to ld4me KAZMI786 :tongue: you should spend a lot of time here… it helped me to make it to lucidity

welcome to you too Bruno :smile:
and the evil laughing smily is :ebil : with no spaces like :ebil:

:welcome: !

Why “ebil” ? Not “evil” ?

Hello everyone,
My name is James. Ive been looking around the web site and forums for about 2 weeks now. I actually had my first lucid dream the first day i found this site and read about it. I havent had one since. Ive mostly been practicing to remember my dreams before i try more lucid techniques.
Sounds like lots of fun though :smile: