The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part XXXIV

:wave:

Oddly enough, you didn’t even need to introduce yourself; I already saw you on the forum before. :content:

Ello, Just started trying to LD. Had a few when I was a kid and like the idea of having them again. Its like that guy from the train in Waking Life said about there not being enough dreamers anymore. :sad:

Hi, I’m Lucerna. (Ok, that isn’t my real name, but y’all don’t need to know my real name. XD)

I’m an age 16 female, currently living in Texas. I’m a bookish nerd. :smile: I can remember lucid dreaming appx. 5-8 times in my life, and they were short and unclear, so I would like to improve.

I learned about Lucid Dreaming a year or so ago, studied it for a while, then sort of forgot about it. A couple months ago I picked it up again, this time more motivated, but I figured I wouldn’t be able to practice during school days, so I decided to put it off. So then last week one of my favorite movies, Vanilla Sky, was on TV, a movie with some interesting lucid dream allusions, and I decided that it was finally time I got to LDing. So here I am. :smile: I’ve ghosted the forum a bit, so I kind of know how most stuff works, but I thought I’d introduce myself, so hi everyone. :smile:

Heya, Anglo and Lucerna! :hurray:

Welcome to the forum, guys! Believe you me, you’ll love it here. We’re all extremely friendly and will help you out with whatever you need, whether it be LD-related or not. :yes: You’ll make tons of new friends here as well! :cool_laugh:

Feel free to post or PM! :wave:

:wolb:

Ferk :content: You know you’re more than welcome here.

:welcome: Anglo and Lucerna! I hope you’ll enjoy this forum to it’s full! :yes:

:welcome: hello JessieWings, ferks, Anglo and lucerna :grin: welcome to LD4all
:unk: Anglo and lucerna you joined on LD4all’s 10th anniversary :yay:

:lol: Were you afraid of being chased for a :grouphug: grouphug? :tongue:

:eh: it just shows how something that happened a little randomly can have an effect on your life :eek:

:wave: Hello ferks, Jessica, Anglo, and lucera :content:

:tongue: Yay Randomness! :woot: I got here on extreme randomness (A program that essentialy just pulls up a random website…Stumble Upon)

Hi all! I am really, really, really interested in this. When i started to read abou LD i felt weird exciting feeling… I hope i will succes to have a long and good LD.

:wave: hello Sonic_Moronic welcome to LD4all :happy:
I looked to see what your other post was and discovered it was a post about your previous LDs … so I created your own DJ in the dream diary forum (feel free to change the title by editing the first post :smile: )

Hi, I’m new.

I’m 18 years old, had my first LD at the age of 15, lasted about absolute max of 10 minutes, then three, maybe five other small ones, but they apear rarely.

I read an article once in a magazine in Danish, called Illustreret Videnskab, which was about LD, and that is what started it all.

Now, I’m trying to figure out how to get in regular LD’s, and beyond.

I’m thinking about discovering my own mind, and try to figure out, through LD how it works.

May be one of those who is not too patient with LD’s, but I’ll try.

:welcome: Dragon!

I sure hope we will all be able to help you on your quests. :content:

[i]gets trapped in the giant group hug of welcoming

:grouphug:

feels the love[/i]

Hi, I’m new here even though I registered about a year ago. I had only one lucid dream. Nice to meet you all!

:wave: hello RBM_Dragon and Zac :happy: welcome to LD4all
Did you forget about us Zac? :thud:

/me hopes you both decide to keep a dream journal at LD4all to record your lucid progress :boogie:

Hello all, Im new here(obviously, since Im posting in this forum). I’ve yet to lucid dream, but came here to seek techniques/help in doing so. Ever since I saw Waking Life a few weeks ago, I’ve become very interested in the subject…

Yes, Waking Life is a an extra ordinary film! :grin:

Glad that you are a part of ld4all evanvolm! :wink:

:welcome: hello EvanVolm welcome to LD4all :yay:
:thumbs: Good luck with lucid dreaming
You will find a topic on Waking Life in lucidity Centrestage.

hi, i’m new here. I am not much of a dreamer yet, but i am trying. one of the only lucid dreams i’ve had, i was trying to have. i remember a friend told me to look for my hands as a guide, and once i found them to look away and then to find them again, and be able to look around. i never got that far. i realized i was dreaming, looked at my hands, looked away and back to my hands, and then i started dancing like mad. then i woke up. i was so happy that i had gotten that far that i just couldn’t help but dance like a fool.

i’ve been having a problem with dream recall since. its been about a year.

heliosremedy is back :yay: (we lost 2 days worth of posts :sad: )
:wave: Have you read the big Remembering dreams topic in the first steps forum? It should give you some ideas on how to improve recall.
setting the intention to remember the dreams before going to sleep
keeping still when first awaking to give yourself time to recapture the dreams
and
jotting down anything you remember as soon as you wake up
should help your recall improve a lot

Welcome i[/i] HelioSRemedy! :yay: