The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part XXXIX

Hello everyone,

My name is Will, and I was looking at colorblindness, REM, hallucinations, and other things on Wikipedia, and came upon Lucid Dreaming. It sounded really neat, and I remeber a half-lucid dream that I had when I was really little. Anyway, at the bottom of the page there was a link that went here. I looked around a bit, and love reading other people’s dreams, so now I’m joining! I really hope that I’ll have a Lucid Dream sometime soon, and I’m constantly asking myself “Am I dreaming?” during the day (which is kinda fun).

Glad to be here!
Will

:welcome: Welcome to LD4all Will.

I hope you will start a Dream Journal yourself too. Like you said, I love reading other people’s dreams.
Good luck with your quest to lucidity :content:

Hi everyone!

I’m 23, and I’m a computer engineering student. I’ve learned about Lucid Dreaming recently, though I’ve had a few in the past. There heve been times in recent years when I’ve had a nightmare, and then realized that no, things can’t be that horrible, and so I realize that I’m in a dream.

Once, a few months ago, it occurred to me in a dream that I could use dreaming as a training area to learn and practice new gymnastics moves. Now I realize that that must have been a lucid dream, and that perhaps I was on to something.

I’m not a gymnast (they tell me I’m too old!), but I do martial arts, and I do hope some day to try sparring in a dream; maybe it will be good practice!

In any case, I’m very curious about LD’s and am very eager to learn what I can!

Hello all, I’m Marcus, 21 years old and currently studying computer science (I’m not the only one as it seems :content:). I saw the film Waking Life 2 years ago and really liked it. Not because of the lucid dreaming stuff but just because the things said in certain dialogs struck me as quite true and also alot of stuff seemed familiar in some way. Just recently I saw A Scanner Darkly (also Richard Linklater). I thought it was quite nice and looked him up on Wikipedia. There I followed the link to Waking Life and there I followed the link to Lucid Dreaming etcetera etcetera :wink:

I now know I’ve had quite some lucid dreams when I was younger, I just never thought anything special of them at the time. I quite vividly remember a dream in which I was practising flying and even remember a certain technique I developed. I always had quite vivid dreams but never cared to write any of them down, which I obviuosly do now :wink:

Well that’s about it, i’ll let you know when I have my “first” LD :smile:

Hey im Jason, i’m 14 and i’ve never had a lucid dream before, but im learning and i’ll let you know when i have my first one :happy:

:welcome: hello wnvoss, Controller, nerd42 and Flip12 :grin:

We are glad to have you here too :yay: … I’m currently enjoying reading your dj :smile:

that’s a good idea, LDs can be used for practicing RL things. You may like to read this quest [size=167]Martial Arts at the Lucid Dojo[/size]

:hyper:
we do have a topic called “what is the 1st dream you remember?” in the stuff of dreams forum :smile: you may like to post the earliest dream that you recall
/me makes note to self … I really must watch Waking Life!

:thumbs: /me sends you good luck vibes and hopes you experience lucidity really soon :content:

Hey, I’m Sinjun and I’m 21. I came across this site after looking for more info on LD’s. I have dabbled in it before a couple years ago and came across it again, not sure why I stopped, but I started again- it’s my 2nd week and I"ve already had 2 !!! Many more to come I hope!

:wave: hello Sinjun :smile:

:yay: Are you going to try some of our lucid quests in the lucid adventure forum? Or have you got a personal list of things to do when lucid?
I hope you decide to share some of your dreams with us in our dream diary forum :smile:

hi im will ive been on the chat for a while, but finally decided to get an account on the forums

i got into LDs about 3 months ago when i heard about them from a friend
Ive had 6 (yay!) but ive had poor control

[color=darkblue]hi nerd42!

I’m yet to see waking life, I’ll have to see it.

Be sure to post your first LD. I had more LD’s once I joined here, probably because I was thinking of it more.

Good luck…[/color]

:yay: congrats on your LD success :yay: … the control will improve over time :smile:
:welcome: def, welcome to LD4all :grouphug:
I think the forum is superior to the chat, because you can talk to all the members who may be interested in a topic through your post … regardless of time zones etc :smile:
:peek: though chat is good too :boogie:

I have a ton of things I want to do while lucid!

Flying in outer space
shrinking to the size of an atom
meditating
having a conversation with my higher self
seeing how my life would’ve been had I made other decisions :content: improving RL skills
improving RL visualizing
crazy dream sex- hey, at least I admit it! :tongue:

and probably tons of other stuff, oh yeah and I haven’t even been to the dream forum yet so I would say let’s just keep making that list longer!

Avoid that. You probably will forget what to do in your first LD or not do anything at all. Instead, choose 1 or 2 things you want to do in your next LD. This is much better :smile:

Hi everyone :wave:

HI arcanarcana :wave:

• a stampede of LD4all members run upto arcanarcana for a welcome to LD4all hug :grouphug: *

Hi moogle :grouphug:

Sup all? I’m 18 and have had a couple lucid dreams in my life. I wanted to learn more about this and found this site. I read most of the stuff on the site and got interested in OBEs. While trying to have an OBE, I had my first WILD (that was this morning) and that’s why I joined this forum. I will probably post my different LDs in different forums.

:wave: hello Shaded Samurai :smile: welcome to LD4all
I see you have already posted your first LD in our Big My First LD Collection :yay: I look forward to you starting a LD4all dream diary too :boogie:
I would love to have a WILD … all my LDs have been through MILD / WBTB / DILD

Hi everyone! :colgate:

:wave: hello Lily :smile:
I noticed your first post was in Huey’s poetry thread :yay: … you should check out his A Fractured Final Fantasy Fairy Tale too ( link ) it’s great :thumbs:

I hope you enjoy yourself being a member of the LD4all forum :grouphug: