The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part XXXIX

:welcome: hello Iwazaru and derobert :grin:

being a member of LD4all, you have access to lots of information, first hand experiences and advice from other members :boogie:
you also have others who know the excitement of having a LD that you can share your successes with :yay:

I hope you both have fun here :thumbs:

Hello LD4all,

I have heard about lucid dreaming for the first time long, long time ago, like 12 years or so. At the time there was little information available and even Internet was fairly new thing itself. So at the time I dismissed it as a mere curiosity.
But recently I something caused me to invoke the words “lucid dreaming” in my mind, so I have gone to read the quite informative article on Wikipedia and being deeply fascinated by LD I have decided I must give it a try. I have started a dream diary and instantly my DR has gone to 1-2 per night (I used to remeber dreams quite rarely before).

So much for now,
NoctisLabyrinthus

:welcome: hello NoctisLabyrinthus
I suppose it does take a leap of faith to believe that LDing is possible if you have never had a lucid moment before hearing about it :eek:
/me wishes you luck :thumbs: in your LD quest and that you experience one very soon :boogie:

Hi my name is Frode.
Im 29 years old…forever :wink:

The reason im here is what happen to me many years ago in my teenage.
I had a few dreams where i suddenly understood that i was dreaming and was realy exited about it and asked my parents and friends etc if they ever “woke” up in a dream.

Nobody seem to understand me so i kinda start forgetting this things, thinking this happens maybe a few time in a lifetime

But a a month ago or so i accedently bumbed into a LD movie on youtube…and i was halleluja…u can make this happen often by practise on do it etc…and it was called Lucid Dreaming…i was so happy to find this info as it has also bothered me a litle bit why i could wake up in my dream…now i know its perfectly normal and have started to try become lucid again.

My life atm includes alot of work …and playing alot of mmorpg as well so kinda lack abit sleep here…but i do keep dream journal now and that has made me remember more dreams each night and even descover “old” dreams aswell.

Looking forward to share my experiences and learn from you ppl experiences…cheers!

Regards , Zzil.

Hey everyone!!!

Hey! I’m Gup. I’ve been around aeons ago under another name when I was still a small tike, 13 years old and inexperienced. (I’m the last to say I’m experienced at the moment, but’ve got a few more years behind me :wink: ) I’m 18 right now.

I’ve had two LDs in my life before, and they happened around that time. Naturally, everything comes around and here I am. Currently I’m a student at the TCE in Holland, studying Photography ( JeffreySen.com) and I lóve it.

Anyway, I’ll do my best to be a good addition to the forums and hopefully get me fair share of new LDs to bring to you all. Any questions, don’t be afraid to ask me!!

:wave: hello Zzil, welcome to LD4all :grin:
:eh: "Im 29 years old…forever :wink: "
does that mean you are already entitled to post in the 30 years or older topic? :tongue:

I’ll look forward to your posts :boogie: … I’m glad you rediscovered LDing again. :content:

edit
I was just thinking … everytime I post here… someone else new posts just after me or at the same time saying hello :eh:
… and I submit my post and see a post infront of mine that wasn’t there before :tongue:
:wave: hello Sen … if you were around when you were 13. It must have been the early n54 LD4all forum :smile:
did you use the same nick?
it would be great if you post your first 2 LDs in the “My first LD collection” in our dream diary forum :yay: (or just the first if it was a long one :smile: )

@Sen

Iwazaru Verwelkomt :smile: hehe.
Welkom terug

<-- net nieuw.

(Sowwie, had to say something in dutch,
basically just sed hi welcome back)

Ghehe, Hoi Iwazaru :smile: 't is ook goed om weer terug te zijn.
(Said something back to him in dutch!)

Hey Moogle!! Thanks for the warm welcome! Yeah, maybe I’ll get around to posting it soon :smile: And indeed, It was the old forum. I went under another nick back then… Something along the lines of dreamwaver, dreamweaver. It was in the dutch forum though.

Everyone :welcome:
… and Sen, your avatar is cool… What is it, a yoshi or a chao egg?

It’s a pokemon egg…
You know how I can tell? I right click on the image and it says so in the url lol…

Also…

WELCOME ALL :content:

Lol, it is indeed a pokémon egg :tongue: It’s something I’m still hooked on. Love the games <3

Welcome aboard, Sen! :cool_laugh: From the posts that I’ve already seen from you, you seem like a great person. I’m also taking a look through your photography, which I really enjoyed; I’ve been doing some of my own photography for these past few months, and I love taking a look at the work of others. :grin: It never fails to inspire me to keep working. :content:

I’ve posted plenty of my work in my own thread on this forum—/me points to the pale blue in her signature. :whistle:

After seeing Waking Life I too became more interested in lucid dreaming (not just in dreaming, which I had been incredibly interested in a long while before WL) and I’ve been every now and then researching it and practicing different techniques to trigger it.
My dreams are 98% incredibly odd & I would really like to find a dream dictionary that fits me - or perhaps study my dreams enough to come up with my own interpretations of each symbol. Through research I’ve found many that have different interpretations for different symbols.

I suppose one of the best ways to know someone is to ask them about what symbols appear in their dreams. If I had time I would list them.

I’m currently doing an art project which has ‘dreams’ as it’s main base of a theme. I am representing dreams in 40 different ways. If anyone has any ideas I’d love to hear them. I’m currently looking into the Aboriginal ‘Dreamtime’, I have the Dream catcher, I have a paper I’m reading on Dreams that was written with quotes from various psychologists research and so on… Feel free to release some creative energy in a message to me =P

Anyway, I’m really excited to be a part of this site. I think it will help me reach my goal much quicker than I would have if I kept at this pace. :smile:

Haha thanks joe. Im really excited about learning more and as much as i can about LD and i know im almost ready to have one and i know it will come sooon :smile:

:cool_laugh: hi everyone, i’m kinda new to this lucid dreaming stuff and then kinda not, so far ive learnt how to rember my dreams everyday(my friend tells me to write them down but…i’m lazy :tongue: ) but i cant get lucids :sad: i’ve had a few short ones and i always seem to fly alot in my dreams so when i have those short lucids i just FLY and fly! so i’m getting good at that if i say so myself ^^

anyway, thanks for reading, i hope i get to know you :cool:

You have to write the down, Artic! I always tell you! Welcome, and here’s a cool little smiley for you! :good:

:welcome: hello CultureCalls, babysnakes and ArticFire :smile:
welcome to LD4all :grouphug:
I hope you all enjoy being part of the LD4all community :yay:

hi all fresh meat for the grinder

I have a subcounciousness that never ceases to amaze me - i gain new revelations of wonder everyday. Something like this cannot just be ignored.

Looking forward to having a yarn with everyone

the dragon

Greetings.
I’m Ram, 19 years old, and I currently study Aeronautics and space engineering.
Except the studies, I play the bass and compose for a metal band called Kna’an.

I don’t really remember how found out about lucid dreaming, for it happened 4 or 5 years ago, which is quite a long time.
I used to practice it intensively, with some very nice results, especially using the WILD method, but I have had much success with the other methods as well.
(By the way, sometime I have to tell you about my first lucid dream, it was one of the richest experiences I’ve ever had.)
After a while, I have abandoned the while thing, mostly because it frightened the sh*t out of me, and the HH used to drive me really close to loosing my sanity.
Well, now I’m back in business.

Nice to meet you all.

[size=150][color=darkred]WELCOME!!![/color][/size] :hug:

Yeah… the games are kind of cool! :shy:
Bet you can’t beat me!! :razz: :rofl: