The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part XXXV

/me waves to “Huey,” our newest member. :razz:
Oh, and without spamming, I’ll see to it that you never surpass me in posting. :sly:
It’s great to se you back, BlackMan. :cool_laugh:

[i]Inverted Sense of Reality wipes tomatoe off his face.

[/i]Nice to meet you too. lol

hey guys, i’m new as well!

my name is rob, i’m 18.
i’ve been interested in lucid dreaming for a very long time, and have made shallow attempts at it but never have succeeded.

after watching the film “waking life” for the fourth time, i’ve convinced myself that i MUST experience LD for myself.

so. i’m excited to become active in this forums. see you around. : )

/me waves to Rob, and decides to keep her tomatos to herself this time. :wave:

I’ve never seen waking life myself, but I do believe that there is a topic somewhere on the forum wich mentions it. :uh: I’m sure you’ll have a lucid dream soon enough; and yes, they can be nothing short of amazing at times. :colgate:

Link → “Waking Life” the movie :yay:

:wave: hello menelvagor :grin: I hope you enjoy your time spent at LD4all and that you are soon enjoying lots of lucid dreams :cheer: … don’t forget to start a dream diary in the dream diary forum if you wish to share your dreams with other members :smile:

Hello all.

This is one certain Michael from somewhere in Sweden.
I just found out about this whole “Lucid Dreams” thing this very day through a link posted at a Swedish World of Warcraft forum.

Since I found out about this, I have been checking different sites and guides and finally ended up on this very nice site which looks to be like the “Official homepage of LD” :smile: I know that I probably have a long way to go before I reach anything like the dreams and experiences of which lots of the LD vets are writing. But I sure hope I’ll get there some day!

I have actually dreamt that I’ve been kinda floating, most commonly somewhere in my own house. There are always two problems though; 1. I do not have any control of my own floating what so ever. 2. I always wake up about what feels like five to ten seconds after I realize that I actually am floating in mid-air.

I am one of them persons who likes to take things step by step, very thorougly and by the book (if one’s applicable). From the instructions on this very site, I understand that my first goal towards LD is to manage to remember my dreams (at least one every night or every second night). One way is to tell myself repeatedly before falling asleep that I will remember my dreams when I wake up.

Another trick was to drink half a glass of water before laying down whilst focusing on that I’ll be remembering my dreams in the morning and when I wake up, drink the other half and if I’m lucky, some of my dreams will come to the surface.

I might just try them both. And I know that patience is probably a very good tool to use with all this and that’s why I intend to keep trying until I get som regular dream-memories. Those which I eventually will be able to remember, I’ll document carefully in my DJ on this site.

Beyond this, I’ve also begun doing those Reality Checks during the course of the day. Checking a short text or the current time on occasion and will keep doing this - at least ten or more times per day (I mean, it doesn’t take any time to do it and it isn’t really difficult either). :smile:

Hopefully, this will give me some improved chance with taking on the following steps once I’m ready for them. In the meantime, I’ll have to keep plowing through the posts on this site since I find most of them very interesting and fuelling for my intentions to take on Lucid Dreaming!

:yay: hello Swesent … I look forward to reading your dream journal and following your progress :cheer:
Your sensible, patient approach is bound to do well :smile:

Rob :wave: Welcome to the forum :content:

Michael :handshake: I’ve seen your posts elsewhere in the forum already :smile: Welcome too!

I trust you’ll find a lot of useful information throughout the forum on how to improve your LD–indution. As for the floating: try touching the floor, and try to bring yourself back to it. This could be poor stability of the dream, though. You could also try to stabilyze it, thus. Try rubbing your hands against each other. :yes:

ooops :razz: didn’t see this so yeah again.
My sister got me to join this forum she goes by karisuma :smile: anyway yeah hello real names dave anime fan hence the name. :razz: came to play wolfgame :slight_smile: so anyway hello and hope to XD see you all in the village.

Hi, my name is Marianna ^^; my boyfriend Mugen San told me about this ^^; Came to play Wolfgame :smile: It seems really kewl and reminds me of one of my favourite shows, The Mole :smile: Sounds absolutely awesome, thank you for reading this? ^^; Thank you :smile:

Oh my god you XD so copyed my message :razz: Meanie :smile: and hugs and hi XD yay

:razz: I did not!!! :razz: if I did I learned from the best :razz: :wink: so ^^ thank you for helping me because I’m bad at intros XD hiii :hug: tee-hee thank you. :smile:

waves to brother and marianna

:welcome:

Hello everyone!
My name is Joshua. I’ve always been interested in lucid dreams, so I thought I’d join this forum. I’m still reading up on this site about lucid dreaming, and up till now it’s been a really good read. Of course, I’d like to dream lucid myself, but I guess the first thing I’ll have to learn is to remember my dreams, which is quite an obstacle since I haven’t remembered dreams for quite a while.
So, I hope this site will be able to help me a bit ^.^

:wave: hello Mugen San, puchitsuki and Joshiii_Kun :grouphug:

:eh: /me expects pasQuale (a big Mole addict) to arrive at any time :grin:
I’m sure you will both enjoy wolfgame :wolf: and hope you don’t get killed :rip: too soon in the game.

It’s amazing how recall can improve quite fast once you set your mind to remember your dreams. When I first joined LD4all, I kept a calendar to show the nights I remembered a dream … at first it was only a few times a week but over time it increased and now I remember more than one dream nearly every night :happy:
:thumbs: Good luck on your lucid quest :yay:
Create a dream journal in our dream diary forum if you wish … it can motivate you to remember your dreams :dream:

Welcome you two… and i just got another friend to sign up… Philip Storm!

I’m new here, names Phil, i’ve only became interested here recently following what has to be the weirdest dream in my whole life, i was recommended here by HebrewB who i know in real life…is he crazy here too?

just kidding, nayway, glad to be here!

yes i’m crazy, i get loads of outlet in the playground… also, yep, welcome! and i hope you get some good stuff coming outta that head o yours…

Wow! Lots of new members today! :boogie:

Welcome everyone! :wave:

/me joins the grouphug :content:

Welcome all new ones

/me joins the grouphug.