The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part XXXV

This is Part XXXV of the big “Hi I’m New Here” topic. The previous part can be found here. All links to previous parts including the “shake hands” topics can be found in this post.
Keeping all the intros in one topic prevents us from having thousands of individual “hello, I’m New” topics and keeps the forum from getting cluttered up. :content: Anyone is welcome to post here :user: , new and old members. So don’t be shy :peek: , we don’t bite :wolfbite: .

Well, it finally happened. I stopped reading and finally decided to start writing here. :smile: Hello everyone! :smile: Nice to meet you all!

:welcome: Laladien!

Nice to meet you too! :content:

Hello, I’m new here! I’m very interested with the idea of lucid dreaming.

When I was younger I would have dreams where I was aware I was dreaming, but had no control. I would walk around and tell DCs that I knew I was dreaming, but I couldn’t stop moving.

I tried to become better at inducing LDs a few months back, but the dream recall part was hard. I would wake up exhausted and unable to write my dreams after about a week, and I gave up.

Couple nights ago I had what I consider my first real and best LD. I was walking down in this ghetto neighborhood and it was dark outside. Then suddenly it became bright and I think that was my RC. I realized I was dreaming, got really excited and everything started to go black. I spun around in circles and the world came back to me, and I was aware and in control!

On my first attempt I jumped 4 stories high, flew as high and as fast as I wanted, and even ran super fast like superman and through solid objects! I also “conjured” people of sorts; I wanted to see hot girls (I know, I know) and then 4 of them pulled up in escalades next to me. They were only average looking but they still came! Eventually I ran off and got lost in some parking garage and then woke up…

The idea of meeting my SG has me really intrigued. One night when I was in the 7th grade, I woke up and screamed out a word or a name, it was conjee****. I don’t want to spell the whole thing cause I use it for alot of passwords, but at the time I thought nothing of it. After reading all of the SG posts, people seem to have weird similar names for theirs, and I’m wondering if that one is possibly mine?

Sorry for the long introductory post, it seems to me that people are really really nice and accepting here (don’t get that much on gaming forums) and I’d like to become an active member of the community! :content:

:welcome: Runim!

Congrats on your first real LD :happy: We have a BIG my first LD topic you might want to post that in :content:

Well, you could try and dream about the name again or ask if it is the name of your SG. In the Beyond Dreaming section we have some interesting discussions going on about contacting your SG.

Hope you have a good time here :smile:

Q

Welcome Runim, it’s nice to have you with us! And what a nice first LD! :content: I hope you’ll have another LD soon to summon your SG and find out. :smile:

:wave: hello Laladien and Runim :grin: welcome to LD4all :yay:
/me spots Age: 33 under Laladien’s name :cheer: … it would be great if you posted in the age 30 or over topic too :happy:

… and the good thing is a lot of LD4all members also like games too. so it’s still possible to talk about them in the lounge forum but in a friendlier atmosphere :grouphug:

:peek: I hope you both eventually decide to start a dream journal in our dream diary forum :happy:

Hi I’m new here :wave: I’ve been browsing this site and my interest for knowing more and more about lucid dreams grows bigger and bigger.
I think the idea of being lucid in a dream is quite challenging. I can’t wait to post my dreams. :om:

Benvingut, Carnation! :yay:

Hello, I’m new here. I began to read about lucid dreams about one month and half ago and since then i had 3 lucid dream. Also i made a dream diary and i can remember nearly every night 1 dream. Lucid Dreaming i a very interesting theme and im fanatic to it! :tongue: Ill hope this forum an i will hae a nice relationship :wink:

i’ll begin to post my dream diary today or tommorow!

Welcome to LD4all, Alexander! I am looking forward to reading those dreams :cool: Simply reading this forum before sleeping is a good way to get the thought of lucid dreaming into the mind. Sweet dreams, and good luck!

:welcome: hello carnation and Alexander :grin: welcome to the LD4all community :happy:

well you can post normal dreams in the dream diary forum too as long as the intention is to eventually have LDs :yay: … to post normal dreams with the intention of asking for meanings etc - the stuff of dreams forum is the correct one :content:

don’t forget to post your first lucid dream in the sticky “My First Lucid Dream Collection” too (at the top of the dream diary forum)

Hi :content: Nice to meet you all.

I think lucid dreams are just so fascinating…
(i’m the kind of person who has a very very creative imagination. Haha, what makes it better is that i play video games :tongue:)

I’d love to get a lucid dream, i already have a list of places i want to go to :lol:

Thanks hehe.

Hey, everybody! :wave:

@Fantasystar0822: A creative imagination will definitely help out while having lucid dreams. Oh, and soon enough, you’ll find out just how easy having lucid dreams can be, so don’t worry. :grin:

So, this is the official “Hi, i’m a newbie,” topic? Okay: Hi, I’m a newbie. Quite literally too. I’ve been reading about LDing for about a week and a half. I can remember one or two dreams most nights already, where before this month, I could remember like one a month mabey. I’ve already had one quick LD, quite strange. Has anyone else ever been able to hold themselves between sleep and awake? That’s what I did: I did the spinning thing and I could see my bed and my dream at the same time. I could hear and feel my dream while waking up, that was pretty trippin. So anyway, ya I exist now.

Hello everybody!

I am a young guy from sweden. I have just tried a couple of times, and have not yet succeeded. But I’ll just keep trying!

I can’t wait until I get my first.

Oh, one warning though: if I don’t get my LD soon, I’ll probably get pretty pissed because my patience isn’t the best. Perhaps I’ll even quit all of this. Let’s just hope I get one, because I’m sure that I can work hard once I just get a touch of what I’m in to. :wink:

/me shouts “Newbie!” and grabs a tomato.
:wave:

:yes: This has happened to me a couple of times; it’s a bit odd, isn’t it? Some of the time they turn out to be false awakenings, though; in that case, I won’t really be waking up, but I’ll be thinking it, all right.

Don’t! :eek:
In fact, from what I’ve heard, it’s still fine to take a break if needed. Ironically, lucid dreams have a tendency to sneak up on you as soon as you think, I’m done trying. That has happened to me on several occasions. I think to myself that I will be taking a break, and just when I fall asleep, I have a long vivid lucid dream. Go figure. :roll:

:wave: hello Fantasystar0822, Inverted Sense of Reality and Elias :grin: welcome to LD4all :yay:

:eh: Have you already dreamt of some of these places in normal dreams?

The nearest I have been to that was half waking up and being aware that the dream still existed that I could go into it … but I decided not to bother since my daft half-dream logic decided it would only be my imagination :cry:

:eek: getting frustrated doesn’t help in the quest for lucidity … just be patient and you will experience great LDs :cheer:

Lol, :wave: Welcome Elias (agian :tongue: )

It took me about 2 weeks to have my first LD, just as I was starting to get frustrated. After that I found it was easier when I was relaxed, not stressed or frustrated. In short: “Don’t worry, BE HAPPY!” :content:

:bounce: Hey new members I didn’t greet yet because I was gone for a while and still will be so I’m greeting everyone now so you don’t feel ignored and/or I don’t feel snubby :grin:

:welcome: Everyone!

/me :hugs: Huey

and :welcome: back you :grin: