The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part XXXVI

Welcome and good luck LordAlexG, and thanks to everyone for the welcome!

Hi, I’m 15 years old, I’m from Croatia and my name is Matija (that’s Croatian for Matthew).
I just started learning about lucid dreaming and am yet to have a LD but I hope I will become proficient with it.
Hello to all the forum members and all lucid dreamers out there…

Allo! I’ve been LDing on my own for a while and just got a DreamMaker mask that seems to be a big issue with a lot of older users here. :bored: I’m not having any problems with it though, so we’ll see.

I hope to chat and post some of my experiences and read about others’.

I live in Colorado, in the USA.

Heey, welcome aboard, RLC, m777, and TreeShifter! I hope you enjoy your stay here at the fabulous LD4all. :grin:

Welcome new people! I hope you enjoy your stay.

:wave: hello LordAlexG, m777 and TreeShifter, welcome to LD4all :grin:
LordAlexG and m777
In my opinion everything you need to know in order to experience lucidity is posted on LD4all :yay: I would advise you to read the choosing your techique topic ( Link ) which can help you to decide which method to try first … there is a perfect method for everyone, you just have to experiment until you find yours :thumbs:

:yay: /me rushes to the dream diary forum :boogie:

Hi, I’m new here :smile:

Have been always interested in LD subject, since the school years, actually, when I first read Carlos Castaneda. I’m 30 now; just had a first LD a short while ago - it was very brief, I woke up in a few seconds after I had realized I was dreaming. That experience motivated me to finally get myself together, set a goal and conquer the dream world once and for all :wink: I’ve been heavily smoking MJ for more than a year, but now decided to put aside all drugs (including alcohol and weed). So, you know, I need something to replace that fun :wink:

Thank you everyone who made this great site such a friendly place!

Welcome KOHb :wave:

LDing is very fun indeed. You could post your first Lucid Dream in the collection <-- link

It’s a good things you put aside all the drugs and I hope you will manage to stay ‘clean’.
Good luck with that and Lucid Dreaming.

:wave: hello KOHb :grin:
/me directs KOHb to the 30 years or older?? (was 35) topic :content:
it’s good to sometimes visit this topic otherwise you can feel you are the only member on the forum over 20 :tongue:

I hope you post your very brief LD into our sticky “My First LD Collection” in the dream diary forum :wiske: and consider started a dream journal in the same forum :grin:

hi im Bean,
iv just read all of the webpage and i think lucid dreaming sounds like very good way of controlling dreams and having better nights sleep. i think alot for a person of my age and i hope being aware of my dreams could help me understand more about our reason and life.

:welcome: hello Bean :smile: welcome to LD4all
lucid dreaming is amazing :yay: and I look forward to hearing all about your future Lucid dreams :happy:

Last night i tried saying to my self that im goin to sleep now and in the morning i will remember all of my dream, and that worked fine. However can some one explain how you can do rc’s in a dream because i have no free will? Its like watching a movie.

Hi everyone, I seem to be knew here.

Little/Long time lurker. Live in New Zealand and been trying to have a LD for the last 2 weeks.

Hope to talk to all of you at one stage…

-zero

:welcome: to Ld4all! I hope you will have a great time, and keep coming back to this site! This forum, will dramtically increase your chances of Lucid Dreams, since you will be able to learn about the diffrent methods, ask for advice and help and get to read many diffrent memebers awesome LDs and get motivated! To increase the chances of a LD, you must increase your dream recall! Perhaps you should think about sharing a Dream Diary as it will increase your Dream Recall, and you other members will be able to read your attempted lucid dreams and help you! If you do want to create a dream diary, then you can read the Writing in Rainbows topic which covers how to create a wonderful Dream Diary! :yay:

First of all, Bean :wave: Welcome to Ld4all! The idea is that you constantly do RCs in waking life, whenever soemthing weird or unusual happens, that makes you think, Man this is like a dream! Once you do this a lot in Waking life, you will automatically do it in dreams, unconciously! Then you will realise you really were dreaming! Happy Lucids, guys! :cool:

When you do enough RCs in the daytime, the habit of questioning your reality will carry over into the dreamworld. Also RCs are often done in a dream when you are just on the edge of becoming lucid … when you spot something odd.
It’s really just getting the idea of carrying out RCs into your subconscious :smile:

:wave: hello zeroexe, welcome to LD4all :grouphug:

That would be a big task … there are 9559 registered members :eek: :thud:
I’ll look out for your posts :smile:

Hi, I’m new here! :content:
I’m a 19 year old Italian guy, studying biology at university.

I had a few LDs in the past, even before knowing about it, but I didn’t know it could be trained; from a couple of months now I’ve been activley trying to LD and I was able to have 2 very short DILDs (I woke up just after noticing I was dreaming) and a longer DILD (it wasn’t very long actually, but I was able to look around and to speak to a DC). Then, I had my first WILD. I had been practicing for just a few nights and it was only my second time I felt SP, but I was able to continue into dream-state and experience a WILD. In the dream, however, I had great difficulty in keeping my eyes open and this stressed me to the point I woke up.

I’ve been practicing every night thereafter (about a month now), but without success. I’m sure that if I could enter the transition phase in less time I could get past it with ease, but I can’t get to it easily… do you have some hints on how to make SP “faster” (either entering SP or getting to transition phase)?

:wave: Hello and Welcome! :handshake:

Well done on the Ld’s! :yay: As to help on WILD , why don’t you go to the Big Wild Topic?

Not only will people answer your problems, but they will give you expert advice. Good luck!

Hey, I’m danny

from Las Vegas, i’ve known about lucid dreaming for about a year since i first saw the movie Waking Life, but before that i had an OBE. I can only briefly lucid dream using a combination of WILD and MILD to jump into my dreams, but i usually end up, even if i’m not excited coming right back to consciousness. which sucks…oh well, i hope to meet some cool people.

Peace and Love,
danny

Hi, I’m Vi.

I used to have terrible nightmares as a child, and eventually learned to control them. Once I was about 11 I stopped remembering my dreams altogether. I’ve been slowly remembering more and more of them, and this month have started keeping a dream diary, reading up on techniques, and trying to have lucid dreams. I now remember 2-3 dreams per night (as opposed to 2-3 a week, 2 months ago.) I’ve had 3 lucid dreams in the past month and am desperately trying for more!

This seems like a really helpful community, and I can’t wait to become an oneironaut.

hi, i’m ryno5660. (yes, the numbers stay with the name, hehe.)
i have always wanted to have a lucid dream, i first heard about it on a TV show called “ed”, which i don’t watch but was on the TV nonetheless. it sounded great, i have really wanted to lucid dream ever since, but i don’t know where to start :sad: but then, i found this site! i am doing the excercises and hopefully will recall my dream tonight, so i can move on to controlling them!