The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part XXXVI

Hey guys, I’m shakujou, but you can call me Shak for short.

Let’s see, I originally found out about LD when I was reading up on the movie [u]A Scanner Darkly[/ul], and one link brought me to another, including movies like Waking Life (?), and I landed on an article about LD. I read the whole article, plus the wikibook, and the article linked to this forum.

Let’s see, I’ve been improving on my dream recall lately, and can remember 2-3 dreams a night now. I’m keeping a diary, and one night I was even able to LD, but I woke right after. >< My dreams are usually rated MA though… so I can’t really share them…

I also have a big interest in Japanese culture and the language. I’ve been taking an accelerated class for 3 years now, and I’m about to take an exchange trip for 5 months there. But I originally reside in America.

So ya, hi guys.

Hello people, Dreamerdavious here I am from the United States, in the state of pennsylvania. I found this site in the yahoo search engine while I was looking for info on lucid dreaming, the whole site was pretty awesome and I love lucid dreaming and was interested in other people’s experiences with it as well as getting help for developing it for myself, so I joined the forum. I look forward to the time I’ll be spending here, thanks…

:welcome: hello SunShadow, Rockinbob08, Vi, ryno5660 and shakujou :grin:

:eh: Waking Life, Ed and other media have often been mentioned as the first introduction to the idea of lucid dreaming :yay:

Rockinbob08 … even though your current WILDs don’t last long at least you are managing to LD, so you can try different things to extend the dream :smile:

/me wishes Vi and ryno5660 luck in their LD quests :thumbs: I’m sure you will begin to experience lucid dreaming soon enough as long as you persevere. :content:

SunShadow … I agree with wissam you should post in the big WILD topic :yes: and the experienced WILDers will be able to offer advice :boogie:

You would be amazed at the range of dreams posted in our dream diary forum. Just by being a little careful with the choice of words most dreams can be fully posted.

/me thinks it’s time for a grouphug with all our new members :smile: :grouphug:

You were the one that nearly got away :tongue: you were posting at the same time as me :happy:
:wave: DreamerDavious, welcome to LD4all :yay:
I’m sure you will have a good time as a member here … and an even greater time in your dreams!!

Hi! I’m Shawn, from Missouri. :smile:

I am very new to lucid dreams. I am 17 and had my very first lucid dream on accident a couple of weeks ago and didn’t know what to think of it. I started researching and found out all about it via wikibooks and was linked her. Hope to learn new things an to have more lucid dreams.

Oh, and when I had my LD, I was using a combination of MILD and WILD.

EDIT: I found the answer to my question shortly after asking it.

Hey, I have NEVER LD’d before…My baby brought it up awhile after looking into Astral Projection. This looks like a *#&$ Of alot fo fun. lol, I am Eating a banana right now ;D Preparing for the long journey ahead of me . I’ll be popping in and out of forums. Later.
Btw Nice to meet you all , Im Cory . :wave:

HI, my name is Bill, I’m 13 and as you can guess, I’m new here.

I’ve recently discovered lucid dreaming when my sister was watching MuchMusic (I live in Canada) and during a song countdown, some people said this band called the Foo Fighters had a member that could lucid dream. I quickly gained an interest in LDs, mostly because my life sucks and really just want to escape life and have a good time time in my dreams. I figured if I could control my dreams, I would be living a life all day long while having fun. Darned old hag scares me though and sometimes delays my LD practices.

Hope that I have a good time here and most of you guys seem pretty nice :smile:

Nice meeting you :razz:

I left a msg in the main forum area…lmao oops. You’ll see it, “Hey Here I Am XP” >.< I pressed worng button and was like…hey wheres my post?!? I am 5 Weeks from being 18, Am in love, can’t wait to become experienced at lucid dreaming. Nothing much to say but ive got a job and school starting in one week V.V Time for bed though, i got my bananas in hand gunna have some sweet dreams . Night all.

found it and moved it into here too :wink: :moogle:

:welcome: Welcome ShawnDB! Hope you enjoy your stay here at ld4all where you will meet a lot of people and of course, increase your chances of getting lucid dreams. To Start, you should start a dream diary to increase your dream recall. If you have any problems or any questions, use the Search button, at the top of the page, and if you can’t find what your looking for, start a thread.

Hey Bill! Welcome! Nice to meet you too :handshake: Interestingly, I watched the same show about the Foofighters and lucid dreaming :tongue:

:wave: Hey Ix3Kelly!

you seem motivated! just stay motivated and determined and you’ll get a LD before you know it!

Good luck guys! Hope you get some nice, long lucids!

Hello. I am new to the world of lucid dreaming, (I just learned about it a week ago).

I came to discover this fascinating topic while studying about sleep paralysis (which I frequently experience).

Needless to say, I am very interested in this subject, although I have yet to experience it.

If you would like to know some general information about myself, I would tell you that I am 13 and a female. That’s about all I have to say about that.

I do have a few questions that I cannot seem to find on the forum after searching.

My first is what is the best technique to induce a lucid dream? My DR is up to about two per night, so I feel as if I am ready. So far, upon reading about it, the WILD technique looks as if it would be the best, seeing as my dreams are almost never in first person. Although it seems as if it would be hard to master, it looks the most effective.

My second question is how can I recognize the HI? I keep looking for it while staying awake, yet I cannot tell when it happens.

My third question is how long would it take to induce a lucid dream while using the WILD method? I did combine this with the WBTB method, and I still sat there for almost two hours before I almost gave up…

If anybody could answer these, it would be most appreciated. Or if you could post a link to a thread that contains my answer, that would be equally as good.

I just want to end my post with hello, and happy dreaming to you all.

Hi, I’m Matt from Brooklyn, NY.

I’m sort of new to lucid dreaming, but I’ve tried it before, about 2-3 years ago. Didnt get too far, though.

One of my friends on a forum posted a topic 'bout lucid dreaming, and suddenly it reminded me of it. I decided to try it again, hopefully with more luck than last time. :smile:

I have one question:

Once you are able to effectively lucid dream, do you still have to record your dreams?

Hey, welcome to the forums, Matt and Simba!

Really it depends on the person attempting it. Try all the methods a few times, and see what works for you. Though if you do try WILD, try it in the morning or with an afternoon nap first; it’s quite hard at night.

Just relax and let it come. You’ll start to experience HI (for me just very faint mental pictures, usually flying through stars at a high speed), but if you concentrate too much on it it’ll disappear, and you’ll wake up a bit. The trick is to stay perfectly relaxed, while still staying conscious.

I can’t honestly answer that one because i’ve never actually gotten an LD with WILD, but I’ve been close a few times and lost it by being too excited… For me it took about 20-30 minutes, not much more than that, and maybe less.

I think it’s important to do so, because otherwise you start to lose your recall. I kept a DJ for a while, but then stopped, and totally lost my recall after about two weeks. Granted, I wasn’t able to LD at will at the time, but the same thing would probably happen regardless. Besides, you can have some very interesting things come out of dreams (stories and such). It’s always a good idea to write them down for reference later.

Hi, I’m Bartek from Łomianki near Warsaw, Poland.

I found out about LD’s a long time ago, but I had my first LD today, and it was great experience :smile: I thought WILD technique would be the best, so I tried to have a WILD, but I couldn’t succeed. And today I had a WILD sort of accidentally, because I didn’t even try to have it :razz:

I hope I will learn much from you :smile:

Hi Simba, Chromex and Fizyk, welcome to LD4all! :welcome: I hope you all enjoy your time here. :grin:

Feel free to make a dream journal in the Dream Diary board to record your dreams, and good luck to all of you for future LDs. :content:

Too… many… new members… faints

Welcome simba, chromex, fizyk! There’s lots of articles about any questions you need answered, and if not make you own!

Also I suck at being a welcome person…

Hey, I’m STAFF, from Nrthn Kentucky. I’m 17 and I woke up in Sleep paralysis about a week ago and I looked into it and started learning of lucid dreaming and now im here and im pretty interested.

but yea Here i AM :smile:

Hi Staff, welcome to LD4all! :welcome:

Please feel free to start a dream journal in the Dream Diary board to record your dreams, and if you have any questions, just ask and someone will answer them. :smile:

Enjoy your stay! :content:

Welcome new people! This is the frendliest forum on the internet. We are all very open minded. Hope you enjoy your stay!

(Neko are you the official welcomer?)

Hi STAFF anyway. says exactly what Neko says Enjoy your stay, and don’t quit after 2 posts like most people…