The Big "Hi, I'm new here!" Topic X

Hello to all of our new members!
I’m charlotte and you’ll see me lurking around the forum a lot, I hope to see you all posting a lot and having fun at LD4all!
Happy dreaming!
-charlotte

Welcome to the forum shianra and Vhalnyr! :happy:
I’m sure you will like this place :wink:

Good luck with your LDing!

Vhalnyr:
Well for all new ppl to Lucid Dreaming…id sugest the book Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming by Mr.Stephen Labarge :wink:

Tks for all your welcome :smile:

I just want to say hi to everybody :content: and tell a bit about myself. This is my second post in this forum.

I’m 17, live in BC, Canada, but originally i’m from St.Petersburg, Russia and I’ve been living in North America for only two years. I’m going to school (of course), and my interests are computers (programming, games, hardware, etc.), aviation (airplanes, air traffic control, flight sims), science (physics), and, since a few months ago, LDing.

How I found out about LDs:
Sometime in February, I had a conversation with my parents about something, and the topic of sleeping (actually, not getting enough sleep) suddenly came up. So I went on the Web to look for some information about sleep and having dreams, and I stumbled upon the newgroup about Lucid Dreaming. I didn’t know what LDs were about, so I looked for some info about them. Once I found out what LDs are, I really got interested in the whole idea of understanding that you’re dreaming. I didn’t actually believe in it much until I had my first LD (it was a few weeks after first finding out about LD). Since that moment, I’ve been having LDs approximately once a week. It’s funny that most often I have LDs on Fridays. :smile:
I found ld4all forum a while ago, but I’ve decided to join in only last week.
I hope to become a part of ld4all community.

Thanks.

This is my 3rd post, but I just joined no more than 10 minutes ago or so.

I probably never would have found this place had it not been for a few nights ago where I experienced SP twice in one night, hallucinating the second time. It really freaked me out and I didn’t know what to think. So, what else to do but search for it on the net. Eventually I wound up here. I think LD’s are amazing. I never really talked to anyone about them before last year. I asked my roommate if he ever had one. He thought it was weird that I’ve been experiencing them for a while. I just thought it was normal.

I think it’s great that this whole community exists just for LD’s. I’m glad I found it when I did.

welcome skywolf :smile: Well, by joining you have become part of the community :happy:

welcome shivz, glad you found us! :content:

Hey, everyone.

I, like many others, found this site while researching dreams. They’ve always fascinated me, and I decided to do some research and came across this site. Once I entered adolescence, I stopped being able to remember my dreams, but as a young child, I had a lot of different experiences with dreams. I could always remember them, sometimes 4 a night, and I have some specific memories of lucid dreams. I used to get them a lot, but only when I was having a nightmare. I even knew how to wake myself up. It never occured to me(I was only about 5 or 6) that since I was dreaming I could do anything I wanted, and the man behind me trying to kidnap me didnt’ exist. I was too scared to do anything but wake myself up. I belive the lucid dreams were brought on by physical trauma I experienced when I was 5, which also caused nightmares every night for 2 years. I’ve been able to fly in dreams, which was an awesome experience, I’ve had falling dreams, repeated dreams, and also many false awakenings. Once I had 7 false awakingsing a row. After the first one, I realized I was dreaming, and tried to wake myself up but for the first time it didnt’ work. When I was 5, and had surgery, I was under an anesthetic, and I believe, after some research, that I experienced an OOBE. I never used to believe in things like that until I realized it had happened to me. All of this happened before the age of 10 though, and I want some of it back. Occasionally, I’ll remember a dream, maybe once every couple of weeks. I tried keeping a dream dairy once, but I just didnt’ have time for it. I found however, that after reading a bunch of stuff on remembering dreams before I went to bed the other night, and wanting to remember them, the next morning, I did remember a dream.

Well, if any of you are still reading this, I think this is a really great site and I plan on posting here regularly. :happy:

It’s great that just reading about dream recall has helped you with your recall. :happy:
Welcome to ld4all Sweetdreaminchic, once you start reading about other’s lucid dreams you will probably get your LDing ability back too. I look forward to reading about your future LDs.

mmm I haven’t been here for a while.

moogle takes a deep breath
Welcome to the forum Ev, Kimochi, Ultravisitor, Vhalnyr, shianra,
skywolf and Shivz! Hope you all become regular posters here. I look forward to talking to you on the different topics around the forum. :wiske:

Welcome to everyone!

I hope you find the forum interesting and helpful.
Keeping a dream diary will also help you get LD’s…

Welcome to the forum Sweetdreaminchic, skywolf and Shivz! :happy:

Enjoy your stay :content:

Hi everyone. I just joinned this Forum.

I’ve been studying Lucid Dreaming since I first learned about it when I was 17. I had my first lucid dream 5 years ago on 5/25/99 and my most recent lucid dream 2 mornings ago. Although my frequency varies quite a lot depending on how busy I am, I like to say I have a lucid dream once every 2 months.

Lucid dreaming is my hobby. I wish more people knew about this incredible experience. I plan to make a documentary this year about lucid dreaming tentatively titled:

Oneironauts – The Explorers of the Lucid Dream World

To learn more about this visit the Pre-production website:
bulbmedia.net/lucid_dream_documentary/

-Richard

“The inward journey is most enriching for the traveler who brings the visions of the night into the light of day.”
-Sam Keen

Welcome to the forum

Lots of great people here. I hope you enjoy it.

Interesting your idea of a documentary. We just had a discussion a while ago about expand the knowledge lucid dreaming to more people.

Happy Dreams :smile:

welcome to the forum to all new members

cough

hello, and i’m another newsome girl here.

i had my first ld completely by accident when i was 12 years old (i’m 15 now) and since then i’ve had infrequent, low-level lds from time to time. i’m lucky to always have had very good dream recall, and recently i became serious about learning to have more intense and clear lds at will, so i thought that if i came some place to discuss it with other people -or read what they have to say- it might help me a lot.
i’ve been (and still am) very sick, so i’ve been spending many weeks at home or in bed, and i thought this would be a perfect opportunity to learn to make my dreams more concious, and also to make my days more entertaining and purposeful.
i’m interested in anything strange, fanciful, beautiful/hideous, and anything to do with those odd creatures called humans. i may just lurk for a while, but here i am anyway.

~pheelie

Welcome to the forum

Lucid dreaming is a skill that anyone can learn. Since you have already had a few you know how easy it can be. Explore this forum and you will defiantly find ways to refine your technique to make you LD more vivid and enjoyable.

Happy Dreaming

:wave: Welcome to the forum Bulb. I was going to say I hope you enjoy spending time here … but I know you will, :happy: because everyone here is very helpful and friendly.

Hello pheelie, I’m glad you found a way of using the time you have to spend convalesing. Since you already have low level LDs you should be able to improve their quality by browsing the topics at ld4all.
Anyway welcome to the forum and have fun with your dreams :happy:

Hey im new!

found this site off a guy i met on another site :razz:
it was in a wierd dreams forum!
i heard about lucid dreaming off a friend of mine!
he told me all these stories about people in cults and tribes dedicating their lives to dreaming in order to master it…
well he was wrong for most of it… it can be mastered by people in our lifetime!!! plus anyone can do it!!! YAY!!!

i started LDing 5 days ago and managed to have 1 partial LD so far…

1. i was getting my car serviced and when i got it back and drove off i noticed my clutch was in the gear part of the car and it was a doorhandle!!
    i thought hey this must be a dream, then i woke in sleep paralysis :content:

a long time ago…
i woke in sleep paralysis!! i used all my might and pulled myself out of it!
i thought i was kinda cool so i tried again…
i tried falling back to sleep and waking in sleep paralysis and i got it again!!
i found out i could control it!!!

that was 3 years ago long since forgotten! but it coulda come in useful nowdays if i could still do it! :content:
lol!

Anyway just saying a BIG HI!!!

Welcome to the forum :smile:

You will find a great deal of information here.

Yes ANYONE can learn to LD.

I look forward to hearing about your success.

Happy Dreaming