The BIG "Hi I'm new here!" Topic XIII

welcome to the forums, glad to see new members :wink:

btw, i especially like your username… the beatles are the best band to have graced the earth! i’m a big fan, if you couldn’t tell

Hi :wave: welcome!

Sure we can help!! if you have a specific question just ask away. :happy:

Hello fellow dream journeyers,

I have been perusing this site for a while, and really enjoy the breadth of observations and opinions found here.

I beleive that Lucid Dreaming is like a journey into the wilderness of ourselves, the uncharted territories of both our subconscious knowledge and knowledge that transcends ourselves.

I haven’t dreamt lucidly for a while (my awareness and sleeping habits have been tuned towards school as of late) but hope to revive that part of myself.

wakewalking through my dreams…[/i]

Hello everybody :wave:

I’ve just been lurking for a while and I thought I’d say hi. I love lucid dreaming. I’ve had LDs and sleep paralysis for years. Most of my LDs are really short-lived though and I often have a difficult time doing what I want to do in them. I’d like to improve in both LDing and OBEs. :content:

Cyan

Welcome to ld4all. Glad you decided to stop lurking and join us. I look forward to reading your posts. :smile:

:wave: Welcome to the ld4all community le_aura_borealis and Cyan

le_aura_borealis, I hope that you are soon experiencing lucid dreaming :dream: on a regular basis again.
I wish you luck Cyan with extending your LDs and OBEs :obe: and your control of your lucid environment.

hello everyone.

Im so glad I found this site, you all seem very friendly from what Ive read. Im 19 and from Costa Rica. I used to be a natural lucid dreamer for almost all my life… since I can remember (around 5 years old) until I was 16 I could lucid dream at least 5 times a week, and didnt have to apply any techniques… they would usually last around 7 minutes (not much) the longest one I had probably laster for around 20 minutes. anyways… I didnt even know that “knowing that you are dreaming in a dream” actually had a name… “lucid dream” I didnt really give it much importance, and it wasnt until I found this site that I realized how much people want to have a lucid dream, and all the things they do to get one, I just thought everyone had them, the only difference was that I would get like 5 a week!! anyways… its been almost 3 years that I dont lucid dream, maybe like 10 every year… I havent applied any techniques yet. Im thinking that my lucid dreaming has stopped due to lots of stress. but now its different, I dont have any stress and can sleep loooong hours, so Ill try to do the techniques that everyone talks about in the forums. Im guessing that if I apply them I could get them very easily since Im a natural, but dont know… will have to try today.

this is really a great site, Im definetaly gonna be a very active user.

Let me be the first to welcome you to ld4all :smile:

And good luck with regaining your ability to lucid dream.

Hey, welcome to LD4all, Daita! I think you will like this forum. :smile:

:wave: Welcome to ld4all Daita, since you have all that previous experience of LDs you should be having them regularly again quite fast. Plus you will find methods to prolong them :grin:
* moogle is envious, which pointing at the total number of lds under her avatar :tongue: *

And yes this forum is very friendly :grin:

Hi :grin:.

I’m curious - how realistic were these LD’s? And how much did you take control (ie. flying and stuff)?

well from what I remember they were pretty realistic, and when it wasnt I would just try to change the scenario and sometimes changing scenarios would make it more realistic. but If I knew that spinning made things more realistic (I read it somewhere on the forum) than Id definetaly wouldve done it… but like I said I didnt even know this site existed, never even looked it up on the net.

sometimes my body would like get numb durring the dream, so it was pretty weird cause I couldnt feel stuff like it should really feel. there was like a weird sensation when i touched stuff… but it didnt happen all the time.

when I was around 14 years old my lucid dreams began to get pretty long… like 20 minutes, then I would wake up… and go back to bed and then another 15 minutes… and so on… so in one night I could get like a total of half an hour or 45 minutes of lucid dreams. Im guessing this happened because i was pretty used to lucid dreaming so when I LD I wouldnt get excited at all, and Ive discovered that getting too excited in an LD can wake you up.

now a days when I get an Lucid dream I get all excited and usually wake up in like 3 minutes LOL the key is too calm down. if you do, than everything will go perfectly.

now… as for control durring LDs, I could do lots of stuff… like flying which was pretty cool. also breathing underwater. but there were LOTS of stuff i didnt do that If I knew it could be done I wouldve definetaly done it. for example, I dont remember ever creating something… like a person or whatever… I didnt know I could make things appear… and if I did then I dont remember… heh. most of the time I would just fly… fly… and fly. never got tired of it. (its interesting because its not that easy to fly in a dream… I mean… to fly perfectly, and to be able to do whatever you want in the air, because sometimes flying to fast or making sudden moves can wake you up or just turn the world upside down and see everything white… heh pretty crazy) also I would destroy things all the time. like big building and stuff… also if I wanted to have sex I would just go out there and look for a pretty girl (I was an adolescent… sex was DEFINETALY in my mind LOL). If I knew i could create people… man… that wouldve been awesome. hehe

I wonder if anyone is going to ever read this, but hey… haven’t got much better things to do :smile:

Hi I’m Gijs… I live in Groningen (netherlands for all you unknowing peopz)… I’m almost 19 years of age and finally last year of high school… Interested in all mind altering things :content: I hope to learn a lot from you guys and maybe I can help you out a little as well…

thx for reading :grin:

Hey Gijs uit groningen ik ben jeff uit Amsterdam!

nice to meet you, if you want to introduce yourself,
please do that at this topic where all new members introduce them selves to the rest!

this link!

Welcome a board and many happy dreams! :smile:

It sounds to me like you had around mid level LD’s then :smile:. If you use the stuff you’ve learnt on this site, you should be able to reach even better control and realism.

Just wanted to say hey since I’m new here, dreaming in Reykjavík, Iceland. Look forward LD’ing :tongue:

Welcome to the ld4all forum liba :wiske:
I wish you luck with your LDing. If you have any questions, using the google ld4all search feature on Dreamaddicts page dreamaddict.tk/
should help you find the topics. If you can’t find what you want _ make a post and a friendly member will turn up with advice and tips :grin:

liba

Welcome to ld4all. :partying_face:

You will find that the people here are friendly and we all enjoy helping new lucid dreamers. So if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask.

Happy Dreaming :smile:

Hi there everyone. I’ve been on this site many times but you know i just got logged. i’ve only had a couple LD’s but they were pretty cool. Bye everyone.:tongue:

Welcome to ld4all lone wolf :grin: I’m glad you have finally decided to log in and become a member. BTW I have already read your first entry in your dream journal :cool: I look forward to reading more, especially any lucid dreams