the BIG Reality Check Topic [part II]

First of all, it’s a kind of incubating technique. You incubate the habit to do RC’s, so you’re likely to perform them in a dream.
Then, it’s something like a “Lucid Living” technique. You get used to questioning about the reality of the world. It leads you to a sort of lucidity during daylife, which may appear during night time too. When you practise RC’s, it happens sometimes that you never do a RC during dreams, yet you reach lucidity suddenly without knowing why.

I started LDing last summer, but I started slacking off around Christmas time, so I’m finally get back to it again. I am basically starting over. I was thinking of a good way to do RC during the day, when I came up with the idea to set my watch to beep on the hour, every hour, and whenever it does, I do an RC, usually by looking at the numbers on the watch face to see if they change. When I go to bed, I put the watch right beside my bed. I remember hearing sounds from the real world in my dreams before, and I am hoping that the watch is no exception. That way I will hear the watch beep in my dream, and do a RC! Even if I can’t hear the beep, I may still dream about it, so I think this has some potential for me. Even if it doesn’t work, its still a good way to remember to do my RCs during the day.

It sounds good. BTW, digital clock RC’s are amongst the best.

I just got the greatest idea!

I play computer ALOT, so this might be good for me and a few of you.

Whenever you are on the comp, look away, then look back. The game, website, or document, etc, should change instantly. I think I finally found myself a good RC! :F Because, I dream about computer alot xD

Also, I am trying many RC’s now. You guys shouldn’t just depend on one.

Get as many RC’s as you can into your habbit, i’m 100% sure you will get better results. Now, I’ve never had an LD, I’ve only started to try 2 days ago. But I’m SURE this will help :happy:

What you all should try:

•Counting fingers
•Looking at the computer screen, turning away, then looking back
•Covering your mouth with your hand and trying to breath regulary
•Whenever you go swimming, try and inhale underwater with your mouth CLOSED
•Touching my computer screen (If you dream, I bet you could get into your computer, and surf the web in a 3-d fashion xD)
•Poke solid objects, try and get your finger threw them
•Try and whistle very high or very low tones, ones you are unable to whistle in real life. (Hint: The starwars theme has both of these tones, I can’t whistle them. In a dream you can!)

And I’m sure this will produce some wild results:
•Blink very fast and look around

Anyways, the things that can be turned into RC’s have virtually no limit. Just think of anything. If your mind is thinking of it being a good RC, it will fail (or work, however you look at it) in a dream.

But maybe you shouldn’t listen to me, I’ve never even lded xD

You’re right, Kirby. Using several different RC’s greatly increases your chances of doing one in a dream. Some RC’s work better for some people than for others, so using a variety gives you a better chance of finding one that works best for you.

Moved from “Keys to LD’ing” to this thread

I’ve been reading tips and experiences on LD’s for a while now and have no problem with DR … some days I have to wake up early and remember less then other days but most of the times I have some dream to write in my dream diary. My problem is Reality Checks I set my watch to beeb every hour and block my nose and mouth with my hand to check if I can breath, I also check my finger as I broke it a year ago and as it is messed up I expect to have no problem with it in my dream.

Well it was my first RC that turned out to be of no use my finger appear to be messed up in my dream as well.

And now my second RC turned out to be of no use neither. I woke up a few days ago remembering that I walked through a street stopped held my hand in front of my mouth and nose and … I COULDN’T BREATH? :confused:

Good thing that I’ve remebered to do my RC in my dream but how can it not work? And what works for you guys? :help:

LD4E

counting fingers is the greatest , sometimes your hand looks even normal but when u count u have 6 fingers thats funny.

My favorite reality check is to step outside
my home.If the neighbors throw rocks and bricks at me,
then I know I’m NOT dreaming.
If they throw money,jewelry or ipods at me,
it’s probably a dream.
If they throw pies,eggs or tomatoes then it’s 50/50.

My current method is the VILD (dont ask what it may be tommorow though lol) and since in my incubated dream I am required to do a RC before the door becomes unlocked I find that a good amount of mt LD come from RC I think the best one is to hold your nose and breath because it is fast and easy to do in public where ppl will just think you are rubbing your nose.

HI,
I’m a bit like lucid_dreams_4_ever, I 've been reading for a while all tips and now I d like to participate more to this chat. I’m a beginner to LD, I know that I have the ability to it (I had few of them) but would like to provoque them . I have a great ability to recal my dreams. Last night after a serie of dreams, I dreamt that I was writting my dream journal…I thought about a RC, and it works. So I thought, nice one! I m dreaming!I tried several time, and the text changed again. But the problem was that I couldn t look at anythink else that my journal…This morning, I thought…maybe I was dreaming that I was lucid…but in fact, wasn t…What do you think?

Hi romukief! Welcome to the forum! :wave:
What you relate is rather strange. How weren’t you able to look at anything else but your DJ? :eh: What has happened when you tried to look anywhere else?

Hi Basilus West,
First, I must say that I was happy to have remenbered to do that RC, so when I realized it worked, I kept looking away for a split second , looking back, noticing that the words had changed. So I told myself that I was dreaming…but still, I kept loking at that journal…I I think is that I might had not the will power to look at something else, I lost my lucidity quickly after…I remember also that vivid feeling on the page I was looking at…king of orange color…
Next week end, I might try the suneye technique…I read something about it yesterday, it was very interesting.
Can I ask you which technique do you use the most??

It seems that your problem occured just because your dream was short too much. Don’t worry, first LD’s are often very short.
About my current technique, it’s WBTB + autosuggestion.

Thanks!
I suppose I just need to carry on! :wink:

Hey guys,

My RC at the moment is one to do in public (preferably a crowded place). I stand in the middle of everyone, and take all my clothes off, till im butt naked. If people dont notice, then im dreaming. It works pretty good, you should try it!

-Cheers

I’ve heard somewhere that you don’t feel any pain in your dreams… I don’t know if it’s true or not, but if it is, you could always do a RC by pinching yourself or discretely scratching yourself. If it hurts, you’re not dreaming. Although maybe you CAN feel pain in your dreams, I don’t really get injured in my dreams that much so I wouldn’t know…

As for remembering to do RC’s, I wrote “RC” on the back of my left hand, and then “Are you dreaming?” on my wrist (under my watch, that way I’ll have to notice BOTH the watch and the text).

Dream on. // Olesia

False negative RC’s are fairly common in my experience, but I’ve just had my first false POSITIVE, and I thought I would share it. Finding myself in bed after apparently haven woken, I attempted to push my hand through the mattress (as usual) and was delighted to find it disappearing downwards quite easily. I leapt from my bed and was disappointed to find I could not levitate. I was equally miffed that I could not walk through the door. Further RC’s convinced me that I was well and truly awake. Close examination of the bed revealed where my arm had in fact passed between the mattress and the wall! I can only be grateful that my first action after the false RC had not been to fly through the window. Has anyone had a similar experience?

LOL! Very good technique Taipan, I might even give that a try at work. :tongue:

LOL, crazy! :crazy:

Thats just a myth, many people have been said to feel pain in their dreams. :wolfbite:

[color=red]Topic reached 10 pages and was locked. Part III of the topic can be foundhere.[/color]