The Big Shared Dreaming Topic-Part 2

Shared Dreaming don’t Exist…?

Funny, I’ve actually experienced a Shared dream with a friend of mine at school. We both told the exact same thing but from each other’s perspective, We also couldn’t see each other, but knew of each others Presence. We were playing an online game, I killed him :grin: with a rifle and he was a evil sith :happy:. We also both woke up at the same time.

according to a quite alot of my friends its real they just want me to carry out an experiment on this new idea

I just have one question, when you see a friend in a dream (lucid or not), is his or her dream body actually there? If so, does that mean that if I ask him, that he’ll know (if he remembered his dream too) :confused:

Merged with Big Shared Dreaming Topic

No, such a thing [, another person being in the same dream,] would be called ‘Shared Dreaming’. The existence of SDs is rather unlikely: because it’s not falsifiable, nor have there been any good (&succesful) experiments on sharing dreams. You might want to look into the Big Shared Dreaming Topic-Part II

Actually, a long time ago, I had a non-lucid dream where my friend was. Just a couple days ago, he refered to a lucid dream that he had. While he described the setting, I remembered it from my dream! I told him, and he was perplexed. But, that’s how I know shared dreaming is real. How else were we able to have the same dream setting?

Don’t call it a coincedence!!! :neutral:

stranger in the night

LSD (lucid shared dream ha ha) - weird

i’m walking down a street in my neighborhood, and i see this other person coming my way, same side of the street. i feel that electric tension of seeing someone faraway and knowing you’re going to eventually pass each other. i thought it was really strange that there was another human being around.

we get close and then stop about 10 feet away from each other. It’s hard to tell whether the person was a guy or gal. for some reason i wanted to ask them the time, but i just continued to stare at them, and suddenly this white light surrounds their outline, and whites out everything else.

suddenly, i realize that i’m dreaming and then the stranger’s eyes get really huge with fear, and i see that they realize that they’re dreaming too. we both freak out at the same time. i woke up
and felt kinda weird. but later i thought it was really funny.

fin

-how about grizzlymonium?

Well, In my shared dream, the game we were playing was in a third person camera. I can’t entirly remember, but I know what his character looked like, and I knew where he was. But I didn’t know it was him until we told each other in the morning. So Any Dreamcharacter you see, even if it’s an ant, COULD be a real person. Was a Great shock to exchange dreams in the morning I’ll quote

We then discussed what actually happend before we fought each other, but it all was consistant to what the actual level looked like in the game.

My sis and I have each have a codeword. I don’t know hers and she doen’t know mine. Its written in my dream journal.

If I see her in a dream (and I’m lucid) I will try to tell her she is dreaming, when she is lucid too, I will tell her my codeword. If in the morning she can tell me correct codeword then I will know that shared dreaming is real.
I think it would be so cool if it was! But I’m not sure either way.

I merged this post into the big Shared dream topic :content:

I know what a shared dream is but…how do you do it? How do you know if the person is not a DC? Has anyone succeeded? :eek:

me and my friends are having a sleepover, and we want to have a shared dream. what do we have to do?

Being excited about it and falling asleep with the intention of having a shared dream would be a good start.

If any of you are proficient lucid dreamers then that would help greatly.

Maybe try the codeword thing, although a very similar dream should be enough to convince enough people.

me and my friend are pretty good lucid dreamers. maybe well have another sleepover again. the day we do well do like 100 billion re3ality checks every 2 mintues, while everything we do(sounds like fun:P)have a big big intention to have a shared dream and this is our new plan. dunno if it will work. we know we need to be asleep at the right time and both have lucid dreams, thats the hardest part, then we both want to at near the same time go to our dream guide and tell him to take us to the shared dream lobby(well make pictures and everything for it so we both know what it looks like and what everything does in it.) the lobby would be a place we go to to wait for the other person to arrive there then say the code and then we go from there. we are going to use a different version of codes. to make sure its a real shared dream one person will know the code the other wont, the person tells the other in the dream. then when they wake up the person that heard the code in the dreams tells the other person the code to see if its it. well try this every sleep over, lol.

it is important to both be in the dreaming cycle is a similar phase, so when you are dreaming, your friend is also dreaming. Falling asleep as similar times is a close approximation as is as good as youre gonna get.

sleeepovers arent the best idea if you want to shared dream, after all you do have to be actually ASLEEP to accomplish it!

what happens when one person in the dream wakes up?
would the dream body dissapear or would it just be inhabited by a DC zombie?

if shared dreaming is possible, would it not be possible to enter the dreams of someone you like, and convince that they like you too? if you enter their dreams in various romantic situations, the natural conclusion for them to draw is that, on the subconscious level, they really have something for you?

While that wouldn’t be the most moral thing to do…

As long as they don’t know you’re SDing and think you’re a DC, then yes, this would work. Especially if you’re trying to impress a girl. We’re pathetic when it comes to dreams and “emotions” (self-loathing sarcasm). But if they happen to know a thing or two about dreams… well, I’m sure it would backfire. (a little tip, even this might not work, sometimes dreams counter-act crushes too.)

But interesting idea. (devilish laugh)

OR a Shared LD= the Ultimate date!

I tried to have a shared ld didnt work though

That is awesome. I am gonna try that with my LDing friend.

[mod]The Big Shared Dreaming Topic Continues Here: Part III[/mod]