The Big Shared Dreaming Topic - Part III

i thought it sounded pretty cool.
God i wish i could get really lucid lol maybe during spring break when i can start using my b6

When I was dating my soon to be wife I had a dream that she and i were in a purple house. The furniture was purple, the walls were purple, everything was purple! It was pretty hideous.

I told my dream to her the next day. And to my astonishment she said that she saw the exact thing in her dream the same knight. She described the purple rooms perfectly and said I was there with her. It was pretty freaky.

That was the only time we have shared a dream. Boy it would be great to do that again, minus the purple house.

has enyone read the “wheel of time” series by robert jordan? (i wont name names)- a girl learns how to gain complete control of her body’s sleep cycle, and she can enter a dream wotld called tel’aran’rhiod (i think), which is pretty much like lucid dreaming… she can control her clothes, her appearance, and the appearance of others (if their abilities are weaker than hers). she can also enter a void where all people’s dreams of this reality and others dot the expanse like stars. she can enter a person’s dream, get them to be “lucid” or she can just talk to them… and just by thinking about a certain person, she can find their “star”.
maybe this could be a good visualization for entering a shared dream state?
anyway, it’s awesome series, and i recommend it :slight_smile:

wow that book sounds awesome! im gonna look it up XD

I have to look for those books too. I remember seeing them at the Bookstore a while back, isn’t there like about a dozen books in the series?

yeh, there’s 12 books, and i forget when the interesting dsrem bit enters the story… but i love the series, it’s amazing :slight_smile:

yea … but “Dreamwalking” as its called is a “magical” skill in this world … but i have to agree the books are really good and especially interesting if you can LD (and inspiring if you cant yet or are learning …)

it would be interesting to try the method described there (SD’s are not science so thats as good as any) ;one imagines a pool with all the dreams in the world , the dream of the person you seek will then be drawn to you and you enter it like a room …

dreamwalking isn’t really “magical”. it’s a skill thats really rare, like “wolf whispering” and is often left dormant due to lack of proper training… :slight_smile:

with magical i meant it needs a special pre-disposition …

one morning i was lightly sleeping and i dreamed that bert was being really mean to ernie and i got rid of him

i woke up and told my girlfriend and she dreamed that she was trying to get oscar the grouch out of his trashcan

both of us were dealing with each other’s negativity, me a reclusive person who is eager to live in my own world, and her someone with two personalities one harsh and one friendly

it was curious

sleeping together causes sleep cycles to merge together.

Do shared dreams have to be mutual?

Say my brother sleeps one room over, and I wanted to tell him something. Could I have a false awakening, get lucid, walk over and tell him? Would he get the message as long as he was asleep? I mean obviously it’s not for sure, but is there any precedence for communication like this?

I just had a sort of a shared dream few nights ago.
I’m wondered with the possibilities of it, so most times I get lucid I search for a friend of mine (who lives another town) to try to meet her in my dreams. This time, after a long lucid time searching for her, a DC told me she was at a corporative tower floating in the sky, I got mom’s car and drove up there to meet her. It was dark in the room and I could see her lie in a couch-like-thing. And I told her a ‘password’ (she didn’t remembered it awake), but to my surprise, she then told me a password! She said “Lets go to the cinema TODAY?” (weird: we’re brazilians, but the ‘today’ was said in english, not portuguese). When awake, I told her that and she told me she dreamt of being in the cinema, with her boyfriend to her left (in my dream was dark, and darker to her left, I couldn’t see there) and in her dream there was someone at her right (where I got from at my dream). Some stuff didn’t matched on both dreams, but… At least I’ve got some information about her dream in mine, right? Or perhaps was just a coincidence. Anyway, it’s really strange…

Shared Dreaming is a very interesting concept, one that I hold a great deal of passion in.

I have read many stories, both with some logical connection and proof and others that could not be substantiated. I have had many lucid dreams and non lucid in which I thought were shared dreams only to ask the relevant people to find that they have had no recall or did not dream the same dream.

There have on the other hand, been times when I would dream a non lucid dream with nothing special about it to talk to a friend the next day or week and find remarkable similarities. This mind you has happened with lucid dreams in which I had no intention of having a shared dream.

Brings to mind the question of what causes shared dreaming not merely how to have one. Is it a chemical release by the brain? a psychic connection? or being close to someone? or a random possible encounter. Is it a learned skill and must the skill be learned by both parties or merely one person?

There has been some interesting research done on this field both supporting and attacking the proof but an idea for you all to ponder on.

Many people will report having a shared dream in which their dream was remarkable similar, although very exciting one must look at the surrounding influence.

For example, if you were to watch a movie with your friend, and then to dream upon it that night, and on waking told your friend who also shared similar dream qualities. Would this be a case of shared dreaming? or merely that the dreams were similar due to shared environmental influences?

Or does the question beg to think, is it the shared environmental influences that open the door to the possibility of a shared dream, and if so is a shared dream started by the act of thinking along the same lines and ‘following someone’s else train of thought with your own and vice versa’

I have been interested in shared dreaming since I learned about lucid dreaming many years ago, and have had three or four experiences that can be verified, that is out of the multiple attempts.

The current quest on ld4all shares the idea of shared dreaming and makes one think, does a shared dream have to be experienced by two or more people at the same time, or is it that when we sleep we go to a different place all together where time and space are irrelevant.

Years ago it was easy to find people close to me who wanted to learn lucid dreaming and practice shared dreaming, but as time goes on, it gets harder to find open minded adults. I would love to put together a group of experience lucid dreamers to attempt it constantly, in a verified way to make proof.

Maybe one day, the dream will become a reality.

Rich

would it be possibly for yourself and a friend to meet in a LD and share the same experience

Well, since it seems to have to be your minds are intertwined for you to do it could it be you can only do it with lovers and friends? That, and family I guess. Or, is it that you have to be called there somehow? This is a very interesting subject, if I do say so myself. I think, if I become lucid, I’ll try and find my lover. I know who he is, and I know him clearly because I love him too. Then, I do have something to tell him. I’ll try tonight!

Very cool story! :eh:

Experimenting with shared dreams is on my gigantic to do list when I get really good at lucid dreaming. :tongue: I want to make a friend lucid by entering her dream and telling her! :shy:

I’ve seen many people saying they have had them, but I’ve never seen anyone say they can do it at will. I mean, it would be really cool to have control over it… or at least have an idea of how or when they happen…

Oh c’mon, I’ve recently heard about… it can’t POSSIBLY be true can it? if it is its amazing, but how would it happen…? two people in real life, having a dream and meeting up etc? It seems impossible thinking about it.

Explain -.-

I too am interested in shared dreams. I believe they are quite possible. Has anyone had one?

oh, hey blessedspirit, what if this is a dream? what if we’re all just sharing a dream. whooooaaaaa! lol

I’m glad you liked the story, but I might want to add that at that time it was something very special to me if a girl liked me at all, I had this shared dream shortly after I found out she liked me. I think it’s a reaction to a huge outburst of emotions between two people. I’ll never forget the day she asked me out XD. But to control something like shared dreams almost sounds impossible. I’m happy with the fact that I experienced it once and that’s enough to tell me that it’s true. Actually that’s one of the reasons I got into all this lucid dreaming thing lol.

2 weeks ago I had a dream where I meet my girlfriend in one park, we are sitting on a bench and kissing and stuff. Next day I talked to my girlfriend online because I’m very far now for some time. She told me that she had a dream about me. She explained everything and it was the same dream. I told her that I had the exactly same dream and we were very surprised :smile: . We are separated with an ocean now but still connected. Aside from the dream, we also think the same stuff sometimes and it’s really weird. Like we are connected telepathic or something. I am still amazed about the dream and believe in shared dreaming