The Big Shared Dreaming Topic - Part III

umm… if I was u and I got an email I would start hyperventilating :thud:
that would freak me out so much if I told a guy in my dream my email and he emailed me :thud:

I doubt that most people would actually send an e-mail.
I mean, if you saw some random guy in your dream giving you an e-mail…

would you send ‘‘Hey, I’m sending this because you asked me to in my dream’’ to that e-mail.

Imagine if it existed and some random guy got it.
I think he’d run away from you :tongue:

yes I would :content:

So what happened? Got an E-mail back yet? Or did she block you or something :colgate:

I’m guessing its possible that the other person didn’t build up their DR, so they don’t remember the dream at all. Anyway, can you find specific people in a SD?

It’s mostly a matter of knowing them enough, if so you can most certainly reach them; most teleport to the place where they are at the moment.
For the less advanced dreamers, you can set up a meeting place (like a famous plaza, or the Eiffel tower, or the Lucid Crossroads), and see each other there.

Yeah, If you accidentaly meet someone in a dream, and you arrange that you will contact each other in the morning. Now say you wake up, contact the other person. Keep in mind that the other person might not remember the dream, or was just a DC. Put yourself in their shoes for a sec. Some random person calls you saying that they dreamed about you (by the way, this person most likely won’t even know about LDs or shared dreams) amd asks if you remember. I personally(at least before i learned about this stuff) would hang up the phone immediately and think s/he waz a stalker. I would suggest, for your sake, to stick with only doing shared dreaming with someone you know who wont look at you like you are schizo when you ask them.

I definitely had a shared dream with a room mate of over a year. I told him that he talked to me during the night and he was surprised because 3 other people told him the same thing. I asked him a specific question about it over a year later and he still remembered so I have no doubt that shared dreams exist.

I’m a beginner and I haven’t had any lucid dreams, well none on purpose. But when,or if, I become advanced I hope to experience a SD. Can’t wait till then.

well, i experienced something like a shared experience (not a dream though).
one evening when i was in my bed i suddenly had a huge pain in my breast wich felt like it would burst my chest. It was so intense that i really told people about it (and i am not the person who tells people if he is hurt or at least not on his own without reason).
So i eventually told like 5 people about this and 1 of them told me that he had the “same” pain at the same time one told me that another friend of his already told him that he had this pain and one person came to me telling me about it.

Say what you want, but this is a little odd i mean the chances are not very high for this but still high enough i guess.

I had put in another post, that i think shared dreaming can only occur when you astral project via your lucid dream. The way i see it is that everyone inside of your lucid dream arent real people they are merely dream characters, although they seem real that are but computer programs so to speak. and real entities cant penetrate ones dream. but if for example after becoming lucid you walk thourgh a door or jump off a cliff and declare that upon doing so that you will astral project or come out of body then you are in an area of existance that is not inside ones own mind but in an existance that is a community shraed by other real entities. (The astral plane) See, when you are inside a Lucid dream the world is your SC and the people walking around you are other facets of your SC, but when you astral project via your LD the environment is real and not a part of your own mind where you can interact with real entities, but i know some may argue that they are LD and AP are the same, i see LD as a playground where one can do things and interact with ones own SC, but with the Astral Projection you go to a real place. So what you would have to is get a friend with who you’ve planened to share a dream with and and have that person astral prject in their LD while you do the same and once both of you are in the astral plane you can then beforehand has some plan of which you came up with to meet with each other in the astral plane

well why don’t you try it with a friends dream, then call them in the morning and see what they dreamed?

Very true. But even the differences are more or less the same. For instance, in a father and son shared dream I read, the father saw a Denny’s where the Son saw a Burger King. But the were both restaurants, archetypally the same thing.

The differences are personal. Like how an animal lover will not see the same thing as someone who was mauled by a dog when they look at the same dog. In dreams or real life.

Remmber when I told you about my possible shared dream where the DC gave me a phone number, and when I called it it was to a nurological hostpital. Well I thought about that, and it really blew my mind. Out of all the numbers he could have given me he gives me a number to a place that would specialize in such things as dreams. I forgot the number all I remmber is that it had all 2s, and 3s. Our local pre numbers are 233, so it was something like 233-3233. Or something. I looked in the phone book for it, but I couldnt find it. Then I went into conspiracey mode, and though… What if it is a place just for shared dreaming, and making contact with a DC who works there. When I called them I asked if they knnew anything about dreams, and they told me to hold on, but I lost my nerve, and hung up. Do you think its possible that such a place would exsist?

1 Like

That’s pretty interesting. Brings up the idea that people and companies could maybe even advertise in your dreams. Scary, eh? :smile:

I might have had a SD with my father. When I was little, my mom said she got up to go to the bathroom, which was between our bedrooms, and when she came out of the bathroom, She heard me and my Dad both talking in our sleep, carrying on a conversation, but speaking too low to really hear eachother in our own rooms. She asked us both about it the next day, and neither of us remembered dreaming at all.

This idea is cool, my sister and I had similar dreams about a week ago.
Also (for those of you who watched the show) Spongebob did an episode about
SD>

yes i believe if you know them. or if the person youre sd with can take on their form, then its kind of like really them…not really them but cool anyway.

some one mentioned e mails, thats hilarious, the person i share my dreams with calls me every now and then, theyre my favorite ones, usually i never know what to talk about though then wake up, still working on staying lucid longer.

to have a shared dream i read somewhere that what you could do is just make the person you want to be there appear (which i have done before) then you tell that DC over and over youre dreaming and explain things and you can literally bring the person into the dream character… very interesting and i would love to try and i 100% believe in shared dreams… i have only been lucid dreaming for about 2 months but i could swear i just got this “different” feeling from one of the characters in my dream once although he didnt even ackknowleddge me though

sometimes i feel like some DC are not part of my psyche, or a representation of my fears desires etc. its a really strong feeling that i cant explain due to a good collection of telepathy i have had in dreams…
i had a fantastic dream with someone on a forum once, who i never met in RL,who also enjoyed LD, we met in a dream randomly, and i knew straight away when i woke up it was something else, and he even told me what he said to me and revealed what he was wearing! which turned out to be spot on. talk about jaw dropping. the only difference was the scene was different to mine. he was somewhere else to me, but the communication was clear and his clothes were exactly as he said they were. lol really cool. either it was shared, or he was a bloody good psychic and knew exactly what i had dreamt that night.
i just love these kind of things!!

are we talking about the episode where spongebob goes into patricks dream and he needs quarters for the seahorse ride??? xDDD if that was MY dream, i would literly hate sub couincess when i woke up for making something so stupid xD