The Big Spirit Guide Topic - Part II

I don’t know if I’ve really understood all your concepts. That’s why I generally avoid the Philosopher’s Cloud section. :grin:

This can be resolved if you understand that the waking reality and the dream reality are generated by the same process.

What we see in dreams are projections of our own beliefs. By beliefs, I don’t just tell about cultural, spiritual or materialistic beliefs. When you experience difficulties in flying, it’s because you believe there is gravity in dreams. And when you cannot go through walls, it’s because you got used to consider them as solid. So in dreams, just like in reality, we just travel into a world of appearences. We imagine it more than we live it. I think it’s the same problem for the whole humankind, whatever the culture you belong to. For instance, I think you’ve more imagined what I’ve said than you have really read it. :tongue:

What is behind this world of appearences? Is there really something behind (energy, entities, etc.) ? Is it possible to perceive what is behind without the veil of imagination? I don’t know. Up to now, all what I could say about this would be beliefs. So that I can’t say what are spirit guides.

Travellers, finding themselves lost in a forest, know that they ought not to wander first to one side and then to the other…but understand that they should continue to walk as straight as they can in one direction”. (Descartes, Discourse on Method) :content:

my dear basilus,

since you have no answers to my questions and concerns personally (based on your own empirical/experienced knowledge) then my lines of thought are off track?
huh?
i wasn’t asking what anyone ‘believed’ about the subject, but what they ‘thought’…i have no beliefs on the topic…just about a zillion questions, and theories and worries. it is of concern of me that many growing up in the western world-where the ways people are taught to ‘think’ can be roughly grouped as either ‘secular/scientific/rational’ or ‘religious/dogmatic/fundamental’- are adopting ‘beliefs’ and modes of conduct that were only a tiny part of a culture/worldview/mental landscape/framework of cultures now extinct, or suppressed. What could be the empirical/spiritual/psychological effects of such adoptions/hybridizations/combinations…these are the questions that concern me…

my turn to quote. this is from “the crack in the cosmic egg” by john chilton pearce (my favourite book by him is called the “magical child”)

"[…] we live in a web of ideas, a fabric or our own making. “The activity of imagining reality is the center of experience,” […]. The average man, though, picks up his symbols and ideas for imagining from “those that know.” He may never analytically understand the workings of the various disciplines that shape his time, but he senses the general frame of their reference, and becomes very much aware of the drift of their conclusions. He does not contemplate serious matters often. Abstract and logically developed ideas “seep into the untutored thought only as concrete familiar models are found to picture them.” p.146

this is exactly the attitude which i believe will ill-serve any individual truly interested in attaining self-knowledge, and all that good stuff.

i found it curious that you used a “Lost in the woods” metaphor for my ramblings…one of the first passages i happened upon when i picked up “…cosmic egg” was this:

"In this book I have used the metaphors ‘forest’ and ‘clearing’ for our reality and its potential, or for reality adjusted thinking and that continuum of possible synthesis triggered by passionate desire. I have claimed that the correspondences and boundaries between the functions are and always will be obscure. Obscure because conscious looking is a search for verification of the notions that impel the search, and always has a circular, mirroring element in it.
"Imagination nevertheless opens to syntheses larger than the sum total of reason. Something from the dark forest seems to be added to or encompassed by the creative vision from our clearing. The new structures “found” in the forest always reflect the expanding light from the clearing, but are always more than the logical mode of thinking that does the projecting.
“he clearing in the forest, our reality-adjusted thinking, hinges on a comon bond of objective agreement. The threshhold between this kind of thinking and the forest itself i have the autistic mode. Reality-thinking, autistic thinking, and that logically necessary empty category, the unconscious continuum, are all of a piece. You cannot have one without the other. Each implies the other; none are the other; none can ‘be’ except by or in the other. The process of reality is an interaction between the three. They are not discontinuous. They merge slowly and imperceptibly into each other.” (p.150)

i guess this quote speaks for itself, and highlights the importance of just this sort of discourse/discussion/interchange.

although you have accused me of mis-understanding your post (“imagining” it), i feel that it is you that has mis-understood my criticism. perhaps one more quote will clear that up, in relation to my leeriness towards the adoption of indigenous/traditional/pagan rituals/images/psychic functions:

“[…] the adult world of Dream-Time [of australian aborigines] was an abstract, intellectual construct. It was not just raw material from an informational “out there”. Its logical complexity could only be grasped by a mind that had developed to the logical level, which , as Piaget points out, is in early adolescence [tracey, a jungian analyst writes in his book “remaking men” that because our culture has no rites of adulthood, our adolescence can and may extend into middle-age and indeed the maturation pearce speaks of may never occur]. Then the world view developed to that point was disintegrated as a rational structure, while its acquired information was retained. The totem and dream state then acted as screens channeling percepts and determining the autistic hypothesis. The system produced according to its premises, as any cohesive, logical structure should” (p.131).

i guess in pearce’s terms, i’m trying to bring “autistic” thinking in line with “reality adjusted thinking” as a way of experiencing “the clearing”- the light, the truth, the void, the unconscious… even if adjusting to reality means adjusting the way i conceive of reality ad infinitum. which i think was what you were getting at.

oh- and basilus, don’t sell yourself short. you’re as much a philosopher as anyone. more so, cause you actually put yourself in the ring, and risk having to open minds, and open your own…
thankyou so much for giving me the opportunity to clarify so many thoughts/ideas/information within my own mind. what more could a girl ask for?

love

kore kist :wiske:

Thank you kore kist! I wish you good luck with your walk in the forest… :smile:

heya basilus,

cosmic kisses

love

kore kist

I am aware of three spirit Guides that I have had since birth. I do ask them to give me lucidity in dreams, to relay any important messages they may have - and they usually do.

If you want to meet and work with your spirit guide, meditation is the key - just 15 minutes a day can bring you on leaps and bounds. You can ask for something that identifies them to you - a name, a smell, a thought, a song - anything - and they will comply.

Good luck in connecting!

Sue x

:hurray: I met my spirit guides last night! :hurray:
I was searching for them and as I walked in a long white hallway I heard someone clear there throat behind me and I turned around and there was a Tall man with green skin who had a long tail which he held a dagger in. he had a hood that covered his most of his face. And with him was a woman who was gorgeous and had long reddish orange hair that seemed “Fiery” and “Alive”. Therefore, I immediately asked, “Are you my SG and they looked at each other and chuckled. She replied, “If you need to ask maybe you aren’t ready to learn” then the man said in a deep raspy voice “Jeremy we have been watching! Have you not noticed?” and I answered I think I have seen you (to the man) in a dream before.” then the woman becomes talking “well you have either seen us or you haven’t there is no guessing, but from now on you will always realize.” I was staring at the man whose tail kept tossing the dagger and catching it. I then asked, “You don’t always come in this form, right?” to this they nodded and the man replied, “Me and you are going to have some fun” he said mischievously. I then realized that has been the monkey holding the knives in many of my dreams. He laughed and said, “We got a smart one!” loudly .the woman leaned very close and whispered to me “Me and you will need to get closer sometimes and get to know each other without Loki” I then became excited and said “Your name is Loki!” to the man who chuckled loudly. “What is your name then?” I asked the woman, she replied, “I don’t really have one?”, and she looked away. “Why not?” I asked to which she replied “because I am don’t have a constant form so I will never be the same but you may call me Psyche” she then blew me a kiss and walked away. While the man stayed a couple seconds longer, did a very ornate bow, and then turned followed the woman. I yelled, “When will I see you too again” to which they replied “Not as soon as you might like, but soon enough, but we will see you much sooner!” I then turned around but then quickly looked back and they had disappeared.

That’s so great that you met your Guide!

I had a breakthrough this week too. I know my Guide is a native american and he always showed me a huge totem pole whenever I have tried to contact him.

As I went off to sleep one night last week, I said to him “please, give me some information about you and your life, that I can research”. I went off to sleep. I awoke in the middle of night to hear the word “Ketchikan” being said loudly in my ear - as with most of my aural messages I couldn’t tell if it was a male or female voice. I was unfamiliar with this word, but wrote it down.

I googled in the morning, and was amazed to find, it is a place in Alaska. On researching further, I found that the Natives there carve huge Totem Poles out of Cedar trees. I looked at some pics of the Natives in ceremonial costume, and was again blown away to see they wear black ash make up around their chin and mouth - something I have seen many times when scrying.

I think he was showing me his people and where he used to live.

Of course, it could all just be coincidence, but I “feel” it was a message from him.

Blessings.

Sue x

Now, THAT`S impressive!

cough

Anyhoo, Im starting to doubt wether Brian really is my SG...Of course, he has shown me that he has some control of my dreams, and that he has some power in my mind... But thats just to expect, since hes... A part of me... Anyway, I think there are someone else... Who temporarily grants Brian power.. I want to meet Brians “superiors”…

heya dark mage

i was wondering if you’d read my posts on page 8 and the top of 9? i have a lot of questions in the same vein as you. i’m interested in your thoughts in the points i discuss with basilus.

love
kore kist

I got to meet two of my spiritguides tonight!
One of them I had met previously, in a dream wich took place somewhere in the middle of the 19th century. He then looked very creepy, with fang-like teeth and long, sharp nails. When I spoke to him, though, he wasn’t scary at all, just a tad bitter :tongue: I never got a chance to ask him what his name was that time, but tonight I remembered and asked. He said his name was Rogi. He also said that he was in charge of my relationships, and that I was too clingy. I got a little mad at him, but realised he was probably right :wink: The other spirit guide I got to meet looked just like a friend of mine, except for the fact that her hair was birght purple. It got a bit confusing, because when I met her she was walking towards me with the friend she was a copy of, so I wasn’t sure what to think… But she cleared it up for me, and also claimed to be my “moon guide”. I’ve absolutely no idea what she might have meant by it, does anyone else? Hopefully I can get lucid tonight and ask her. I also suspect she shifts shape, maybe she’s my friendship guide and shifts between my friends, but in that case I don’t understand why she would referr to that as being a moon guide.

So , I just felt like sharing the news, and if anyone has a theory about the moon guide-stuff, don’t hestitate to post it!

heya astral

hmm…well, offhand, i don’t have any experience with moon guides, nor have i read of them, but i am very excited by your encounter. i have been thinking alot lately about “woman power”, and our special connection to the moon, the cycles and rhythms of nature…
perhaps this is a sign that humans perform two distinct functions (at least women do), one of which is to direct the spirit outward, and one to direct it inward. and so maybe we need a different guide for each direction…
just a few thoughts…
please keep posting…i feel this moonguide resonating strongly in my psyche/soul, and am very curious to find out what she is guiding to.

love and all that good stuff

kore kist

hi kore kist

I also thought about women’s connection to the moon, glad to see someone else had that idea aswell!
I’ll definitely keep you posted on how it works out.

astralfog

heya astralfog,

was still pondering moon guides, and decided to google it. mostly it’s just actual moon guides, like when the moon does what, but i did happen upon a wiccan dream spell site.

http:www.fortunecity.com/roswell/chaney/191/id25.htm

while no mention is made to moonguides persay, there is an interesting section called “a look at lucid dreaming and out of body experiences”

i thought this part was very interesting:

“I suggest visiting friends for the first part, learning to phase into the dreaming spheres where we gather in groups, there is so much…but never fear or worry about revealing truths. Remember, you do this anyway, so the best thing to do, is ask that part of you that knows this, and ask it to be your guide […], who better to show you the territory than yourself”

in light of this passage, and of your dream, i have an idea. that is that there can easily be confusion (like you had) as to who a person in a dream is- just a dream, a visiting friend, a guide, or whatever. so perhaps individuals part of dream groups should all choose some symbol that identifies them, so that you’ll know who or what someone is…for example, the moon guide had purple hair, and your friend doesn’t. so perhaps the colour purple is the key, and the colour purple will be the guide’s marking.

i suppose any colour, object, pattern or number will do…
i’m not sure what i’ll choose to rep’t me…perhaps i’ll dream it up tonight!

just a few thoughts. int’d in opinions.

love

kore kist

Can spirt guides hate you…or at least not like you? If you knew me IRL, i’m pretty nice, but annoying as hell. i wonder what would happen…

heya

i’ve totally wondered the same thing.

well, if they’re “real”, then they’re super evolved, and would have chosen to help you, so they’ll be ready for your bad habits.

if they’re “psychological functions”, and you’re already neurotic or whatever, maybe they’ll be the way your subconscious beats itself up…or the way it heals itself…hopefully the latter!!

kk

:help: How can you figure out who your spirit/dream guide is in a dream? What do you look for? I find this very interesting and just needed some help, I don’t know very much about it. What or who is your spirit/dream guide? :smile:

I believe the easiest way would be to call out or ask if your guide was there in a dream, and then see who or what appears. :cool: There is a character in my dreams which I believe to be a guide, and that is because of the feeling of love and healing she leaves me with. I haven’t asked her directly though.

Btw, I moved your post to this big spirit guide topic. Maybe there is something in this topic which could help. :cool:

ohhhhh oops :sad: I’m sorry… Thanks for moving it. :smile:

There is nothing to be sorry about! The question is interesting and i only wanted to help more. :cool:

I will keep a look out tonight in my dreams. Hopefully when I wake up I’ll remember details of any animal or living thing. :smile: Thanks for your help. I’ll probably go through this topic to see if I can find out some more. :smile: