The BIG Vitamin B Topic - Part II

Sorry, but it won’t. :no:

Moreover:

So I’d try to keep it under 200 mg/day if I were you. :smile:

I dont think you guys are right about the dosage of b6, you guys are saying like 200 mg ? because i was at the store the other day and they all said micro millograms so when you say "i had 200 mg of b6 last night’’ it doesnt make sense to me. Isn’t that over doing it i mean the bottle i have says 100 mg and 100 capsules 1 capsule=1mg so you guys are downing 100’s of pills in one night im confused someone explain

i have to try this

1)What does vitiman B6 do?
2)Does it increase your dream vividness?
3)Does it increase you dream recall?
4)What foods is B6 in?
5)Is it in a pill form?
6)How much of that food to eat or how much of a pill should I take?

Please try to answer as many as the questions.

In my case, I never increased my DR. Most of the time, not always, at least one dream during the night (usually the last one) is very vivid, very realistic, and there are many DS that I can’t believe I missed… that during the dream, it all seemed logical and normal.

Sometimes, it simply kills my dream recall, but I would say in 10-15% of the time (once again, large approximation and apply to me! )

I tryied 2 x 100 mg pills and most of the time, 1x100 mg pill. Results were very similar.

Sometimes, if I took some B6 and wake up after 3 - 4.5 hours of sleep, I will be all sweaty and feel like I have fever.

I hope these info will help you, but you SHOULD take time and read the previous post, much more info.

I think there is half B6 effect and half placebo effect. :smile:

I say give it a try, its worth it and those pills are all natural and very unexpensive!

hmm, i have this herbal supplement from when i had insomnia (like 3 years ago). heres whats in it:
Valerian root …200 mg
passionflower herb…80 mg
chamomile flower…60 mg
hops strobiles …50 mg
wild lettuce leaf…40 mg

i was just wondering if anybody thinks that this might help out?

how about melatonin?

I found some ‘B-Active’ capsules in my cupboard that my mum uses, each tablet thing has;

7.1mg B6
8.6ug (strange u symbol) B12
95mg Magnesium

It has others obviously, just thought i’d show the important ones though, anyway, i was thinking of taking 2 before bed tonight, i shall post with the progress tommorow.

Only problem is, the tablets are about an inch wide and absolutely reek ;(

Well, i took the stuff, but it didn’t have any noticeable effect, other than giving me lotsa gas (they were dissolveable in water to create a fizzy drink).

I’m gonna try and get some B6 in 100mg capsules :smile:

Ive had 2 lds in my first 2 weeks of trying to LD and I haven’t had another for over a month. So 2 weeks ago i decided to buy some B6 to hopefully help me. Without it my dream recall is pretty good and my dreams are usually vivid. but when i tried it i seemed to have some negative effects on me. Im taking doses of 200mg but i seem to be having really fragmented dreams that i cant remember every night and i wake up frequently thoughout the night (and i do reality checks but i always pass). So i decided to take a week off of LDing cuz maybe i want it to bad. Last night i tried again and took 200mg of B6 and again i woke up frequently but i had a dream that continued every time i fell asleep again. And i even had a dream where i was talking about b6 with my friend… sadly i didnt gain any consciousness. I remember these dreams pretty well though. So basically what im asking is if anyone had any negative effects of using B6, ie fragmented dreams, Waking up constantly, low recall.

Edited this into an existing Vitamin B topic :cool:

I had some slight negative effects from taking vitamin B supplements, but not in terms of recall or fragmentation. The actualy aspects having to do with dreaming were considerably enhanced all around. My first LD was obtained from taking B supplements around a week and a half. I found for me that the full benefits came after consistently taking the supplements rather than just taking them and then having incredible dreams. Anyways, the negative effects I experienced resulted from taking rather large doses of the supplements. The effects weren’t that bad, but they were noticable. After taking high doses of B for two to three weeks my sense of touch wasn’t as good as it was before and I occasionally had slight tingling sensations in the tips of my fingers. After that, I took a break from the supplements and everything returned to normal over the course of a week or so. For me it was worth the slightly negative effects to go from having literally no dream recall whatsoever to having an LD in a little over a week (in addition to remembering dreams almost every night). But since then I have been able to remember dreams from time to time without anything and without really trying to, so I wouldn’t repeat the experiment. Basically it was a much needed jump start. That is a recap of my experimentation with vitamin B and its negative effects (which I also mentioned a long time ago when I started getting into LDing).

Also, I was wondering about people that eat bananas. How many do you eat per day? And what amount of time would you say is the best time to eat bananas? Has anyone done that experiment? I try to eat one every night and sometimes I’ll have one earlier in the day as well. My main question is: to what extent does the amount of time before sleep that you eat a banana effect dreaming?

hey nightnine, were you doing any of the other techniques like WILD, MILD… WBTB, DILD, etc… or were you just taking vitamin B. Was it B6 or B12. and one last question… how much were you taking a night?

Here is my earlier post going into details about it:
ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p … ht=#296713

As I described I attempted WILD, and in addition I was also trying to do RCs throughout the day, although ultimately I think it was merely the strength of my intention to pull it off that it finally happened, as it was kind of happenstance when it actually happened and didn’t really involve any of the traditional techniques.

wow, you took a lot of b6, from what ive read on melatonin, you could take doses up to 100mg a night and be safe… not sure, im going to look it up now.
im going to try the same amounts of b6 and melatonin in the same schedule thing, and i have acne too, so ill post on that too. :content:

lol, i also just watched waking life… its the one thing that really got me into wanting to have lucid dreams… but are lucid dreams “real” looking(as in NOT like a flash animation), or kinda cartoon-y like in the movie?

heres a bit on melatonin…

its from an article that says taking melatonin slows down breast cancer… but it talks a bit about the toxicity…

“In human studies, melatonin has basically no toxicity,” “Now it takes very little melatonin to stimulate nighttime sleepiness – on the order of three-tenths of a milligram. But you can’t overdose with melatonin. People have taken gram quantities. Its nastiest side effect is sleepiness.”

webmd.com/breast-cancer/news … n-slows-br east-cancer

link wont work because its too long, but im sure you can figure it out

Dreams are, indeed, real-looking. Dreams of the “Waking Life” are actually pretty rare.

The only one I’ve had that’s even somewhat close to that is when I dreamt I was in a world where everything was a living pastel painting.

lol, there is a movie where some guy dies and his afterlife is in one of his wifes paintings… not sure the name.

What foods are full of vitamin b6. AND WOW! :unk: 200 MILLIGRAMS!!! I SAW 100 PERCENT DAILY VALUE WAS ONLY 2 MILLIGRAMS!!! 2!! AND YOU PEOPLE ARE USING 200!

you could take 100mg a day, and be fine 200 a day, then you might start to damage your nervous system, but if you stop, then it heals… 500mg a day i have no idea, and 1000mg a day… that would probably cause some problems…

Well, while I wouldn’t really recommend it [1000mg], no permanent or serious damage came out of the experiment. Whether there would normally have been or not I can’t really say as this was a one time thing and I don’t know anyone that’s repeated it.