The BIG vitamin B topic

i read something about a chemical that the brain releases in order to ditatch the body from the mind during sleep, if this B6 is triggering out of body experiences then it might enhance the effect of this chemical, the lack of it is also the reason some people sleep walk so if ne of you are having problems with that perhaps you should try taking 1 of those pills before you go to sleep at night or perhaps just weekly if these nuralogical effects are true.

yeh, does any one know what other foods naturally contain this vitamine B6 coz then you could eat a cocktail in order to provoke dreams.

Okay, so I’ve been thinking about B6 for some time. but I don’t have money and such. Also I was not really keen on the idea of relying on exceeding recommended dosages of vitamins to have vivid dreams. Still I wanted to try it. I had noticed that my cats vitaminpills have more b6 than my own. And my parents have a hundred times more b12 interestingly. but I tried my cats pills. I took 4. 5mg each. and my own on that. wich makes it 21.6 mg. I didn’t expect much to come from this. So I go to bed. And wake up a few hours later. Noticing how my dream faded away. But i usually don’t remember middle of the night dreams. Went to bathroom. And there I remembered. Then i have trouble falling back to sleep. Now I suggest to myself a bit and such. thinking that maybe there is something coming for me in dreams. SO wake up later from a dream in wich I was lucid for a time. Long dream. Sleep more. Very vivid dream, and i become lucid. and I Go to a mirror like i had planned. And play around with that.
It was not a dramatic effect on dreams. But some effect. And certainly an effect on lucidity. So 20 mg B6 can give, me at least, a Mild increase in dream activity or recall. wichever it is. Enjoyable but I wont continue. Not worth the potential risk. Wasting my cats vitamins.

Things people might find interesting…

Daily multi vitamins I have…
2.6mg B6 (104% daily value)
4 mcg B12 (50% daily value)

The Balanced B-100 complex I have is …
B6 100mg (5,000% daily value)
B12 100mcg (1,667% daily value)

I am currently pregnant and take the daily multi vitamin because my doctor told me to (only time I think I have ever let someone tell me what to do) and I take the B-100 for Back / Join pain along with Vitamin E. Works beautifuly and my doctor said those amounts won’t cause damage to a fetus, so I seriously doubt they would harm anyone else as long as they stayed within that range.

But maybe if you drank it in the dream? I could work like lucid cola :tongue:

perhaps if you wash your hair with it and let the shampoo stay in yur hair longer than normal, maybe some b6 will drain in?

The shampoo idea is ace and i should be loaded with B6 since i leave my shampoo in for ages and ages.
I was wondering while i was looking through this thread if we should have a pole to see what people thing about vit B6. It would help i think.

But about the actuall thing i am going to ASDA today so i think ill buy some and i will post my results but on thing i was wondering is how long before bedtime

“Doses of up to 50 milligrams of vitamin b6 are generally considered safe; however, taking over 200 milligrams per day of pyridoxine (aka vitamin b6) can cause neurological problems in some individuals.”

has anyone had problems with too much b6?

well i just picked up 50mg supplements at giant eagle. they had 100mg too, but id rather start out low. im gonna give them a try tonight. :wink:

i went out to asda and bought some A-Z multivitamins and they give 100% of the Reccomended daily allowence. I was wondering do i need to take more than that for the vitamin to have any effect on my dreams?

Haven’t read each of the 10 pages of this thread but I thought I would bring up Propel Water and the other “Energy enhanced vitamin water” products.

I had one the other day randomly and it tasted pretty good. Nice for a workout I suppose. Then I turned the bottle over and saw B6 and B12 at moderate amounts of daily values.

I haven’t had many memorable dreams lately, but I did have some very vivid ones the first night I had two of those waters.

I’m still a lucid-inducing virgin so who knows. Keep up the documenting of the vitamins though!

100 mg. Several non lucid dream and one lucid for a while one. WOOO!!!

[quote=“Forw4rd”]
Changed topic title

I took 200mg with a half a sandwich and a glass of milk before bed last night.

I think I have some of that(big on vitemins & organic stuff…) anyways it that the regular dose, or are you like trying to trip out on it?

How much do 50mg of Vitamin B6 cost? I’m really interested in picking some up if they are cheap.

It looks pretty cheap. Are there any documented experiments with B6 to test for dreams?

Yeah. My local Bi-Mart has 100 100 mg pills for 3.49. Thats such a crazy deal. I’m picking them up tonight.

Do you guys have any suggestion for taking them? Like take it with food or something?

Wow. Took 50mg with a sandwich and 2 large glasses of water 20 minutes before bed last night and I remembered at least 3 hours of vivid dreams. Really good dreams too. :tongue:

what foods have vitamin b?

Try taking it when you’re not super tired. Just on a normal night of sleep.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=vitamin+b6+foods&btnG=Google+Search

[mod]The topic continues here.[/mod]