The BIG vitamin B topic

I have to update my earlier observations…
I was searching through the forums for some posts I had made a long, long time ago about my usage of B vitamins… I found this post: https://community.ld4all.com/t/b-vitamins-good-for-lds/4797
where I saw that I was taking a supplement with 100mg(!!) of the various B-vits compared to 1-2mg. Yes, that was almost a 70x stronger dosage!
After finding that out, I realize that my headache was nothing to do with the B-vits. More importantly it also shows that either the good results I experienced last week were merely a placebo effect combined with my renewed interest in LD’s :wink: , or that a releatively low dosage is all thats needed.
I tried taking another 3 pills last night without any lucidity or dream recall. Once again, this could have been due to only getting 5 hours sleep :confused:
I will get some 100mg B complex supplements, and update you guys on my findings. Goodnight, time for my 5 hours… :sleeping:

Are you aware that once you have had the RDA, any overdosage will be ignored by your system? Your body will just throw the excess away, that’s how most vitamins work…

The RDA is all you need in a day. If you have more than that, you’ll be just wasting your money, because it won’t be absorbed and won’t have any extra effects. oO

Not neccersarily so, Bruno. Doses of vitamins far in excess of the RDA are not always rejected by the body. Infact “Megadoses” (several times the RDA) can cause vitamin poisoning, known as hypervitaminosis. This poisoning is possible with 1000x RDA of vitamin B6 and similarly high doses of B12.
The RDA is the amount of a nutrient recommended for healthy functioning of the body. It is not the the maximum amount of that can be absorbed by the body. Additionally, many nutritionalists disagree on the RDA for some vitamins, and suggest amounts several times the RDA, for example, see:

https://www.the-natural-path.com/vitamin-requirement.html

However you are correct in saying that some of the excess of certain vitamins are rejected by the body. Water soluble vitamins such most the B vitamins and vitamin C are expelled in urine when in excess.
I hope this is useful background info. :smile:

B6 seems to have no effect on my dreams or dream recall. (not even placebo effect :tongue:)
I tried 120mg B6 a few times right before going to sleep and one time in the morning doing WBTB.
Am I doing something wrong? :help:

well I’m giving it a shot…I took some sort of daily multivitamin we have that I found in the bathroom…it’s a set of 4 pills, two of which contain B6. Looks like a total of 12mg, so it’s not much. But I ate it with a banana, so I’m ready for some really vivid lucid dreams.

report based on my first experience with the B6. Had my worst dream recall of the last 2 months. Only remembered bits and pieces, no lucidity. BUT, there was one strange thing that may have been related…

Generally I’ll wake up around 5-6am for the first time, and get up and write in my dream journal. If I wake up at 2 or 3 or anytime earlier, I usually don’t have any dream recall. But last night I woke up at 1am, after just a couple hours sleep, and had a vivid emotionally disturbing dream. That’s a good thing, as it related to my dream goal in a way.

Since I took the vitamins about 9 and went to bed around 11, I wonder if they were in full effect and caused me to dream earlier than I normally would? Maybe I should try taking them right before bed. I found it very strange that I didn’t continue having intense or vivid dreams after that.

Vitamin B6 did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for me.

This is what I’ve heard: For good results with B6 you should use at least 250mg. For great results you should probably take about 1g. The best dream fuel is 550mg of Valerian, 1g of B6, and 5mg of melatonin.

If you havent had results from b6, youre probably not taking enough, most multi-vits contain no more than 2mg B6 (so you would need to take about 250 pills for and effective dose), and with pure 50mg B6 pills, that’s still 10 pills for a good dose.

In my opinion, (d)[b]r/b[b]g/b are never the way. Use will power and you can’t go wrong.

EDIT: I had to spell (d)[b]r/b[b]g/b weird, because parental controls censored it out originally.

I took 100mg of B6 1 hour before bed and had two lucid dreams in one night for the first time!

The second night I had none, but may have had an increase in clarity and recall.

Tonight is night 3, so we shall see…

erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=2247

For further explanation :wink:

You can’t take 1g B6!

more than 100mg can cause nerve damage

B6 has definately had an effect on my dreams this week. Although it doesn’t trigger lucidity or anything like that, I have noticed that my dreams have a definate linear continuity that is usually missing from NDs in the past.

Instead of having completly random jumps between the chaos of unrelated events, everything progresses in a more organized storyline model. In addition to this, waking and returning to sleep has been regularly dropping me back directly into the same dream at the same time, like putting the story on pause.

At first I thought because everything seems more logical, it would be harder to recognized weirdness, dreamsigns, and thus enter lucidity. But there are still plenty of things out of the ordinary to notice, except everything seems to hold together better. This leads me to believe that B6 would make it easier to stay in the dream after lucidity is obtained. Also, if one wakes up from a good dream, it can be re-entered much easier.

Does anyone know if the effectiveness of B6 decreases over time and requires larger doses?

My guess, since your daily need of vitamins is set on the same amount for your total life is that you don’t require larger doses. If the body would gain toleration for B-6 and after time you would require more to have the same effect, wouldn’t this also be with your daily need?

Just my thoughts on this, not an ensurance. :wink:

Its my experience that a B vitamin supplement can really help with :cool_laugh: ENERGY :cool_laugh: which I would percive as a block with lucid dreaming… B12 especially is the primary ingredient in human respiration of food (other than O2)

I’ll summarize my experience with B6 here:

After watching Waking Life I was ready to start lucid dreaming wholeheartedly and I remembered reading the same Erowid experience ( erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=2247 ) report about Valerian, B6 and Melatonin. I went to the grocery store later that night and picked up 100 50mg tablets of B6 and 120 Melatonin sleep support pills that also had 10mg of B6 each. I didn’t really know where to get Valerian root, so I decided to try out the other two. At this point I had virtually 0 dream recall, meaning any remembering of dreams were isolated and literally 3+ months in between. Sorry about the length, but I think my being thorough will help validate my conclusions.

Night 1: 210mg B6, 3mg melatonin - when I woke up i remembered the tail end of my dream and wrote it in my DJ

Night 2: 530mg B6, 9mg melatonin - no dream recall

Night 3: 540mg B6, 12mg melatonin - possibly a lucid dream, but if it was there was very little clarity & control, although I did know I was dreaming and tried to control things

Night 4: 540mg B6, 12mg melatonin - was able to maintain consciousness through what I think were the first four phases of sleep (attempting WILD), but then I had to use the restroom, so I scrapped it.

Night 5: 640mg B6, 12mg melatonin - remembered my last dream, recorded in DJ

Night 6: 0mg B6, 0mg melatonin - remembered my last dream, but didn’t write it down and forgot it later

Night 7: 540mg B6, 12mg melatonin - wrote about one side of a 8.5"x11" sheet of college ruled paper (which is what I use for my DJ) describing a very vivid dream

Night 8: 810mg B6, 18mg melatonin - remembered multiple dreams and one very vividly, which I described over one and a half sheets of my DJ

Night 9: 1000mg B6, 15 mg melatonin - My first lucid dream since one that I remember having in childhood! I also remarked to myself in the dream about the clarity and how lifelike it was. I was able to fly and I materialzed objects that I wanted, although without realizing I had done so until afterwards. I recorded it over 2 pages of my DJ.

After this I skipped a night and then took 58mg B6 and 24mg melatonin and had a very vivid dream that took over a page and a half to describe in my DJ. That was three nights ago and I have stopped taking B6 and still have remarkably improved recall and clarity. As far as whether B6 works for dream potentiation or not, I would say it definitely does, though most effectively in doses over 200mg. Also, I suggest that if it doesn’t work for you on the first night and you are still willing to try it, I think there is some initial barrier or something because the most noticeable effects started happening on the third night of taking them.

As for negative side effects, from what I’ve read on Wikipedia and on the link Magic_Dreamer posted earlier ( ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/vitaminb6.asp ), the overdose of B6 (above 100mg per day) causes temporary deadening of nerve cells and goes away shortly after discontinuing use. From my experience, on either the second or third night I felt a tingling sensation while going to sleep, I haven’t noticed much difference from before taking B6 except that occasionally textures would feel enhanced. Most of the time everything felt normal though. Now that I have not taken any for three days, I have been starting to feel more tingling sensations, which I assume is my nerves coming back to normal. Also, the NIH article said that B6 deficiency can cause dermatitis, and I normally have fairly persistant acne despite washing my face twice daily. But over the last couple weeks my face has been clearing up a lot, and it didn’t occur to me that it might be the B6, until I read that and realized that my acne has been gearing back up again over the last day or two. I can’t really prove any of this last paragraph, but from my experience with it and the bits of reading I have done on it, those are my conclusions.

From now on I will probably discontinue B6 for a week or so and then take 100 or 150mg daily with 1-2 day breaks every week or so to continue developing DR, and hopefully help my skin. Hopefully this was helpful :smile:

Eat Marmite! :cheer:

Love it :tempted: or hate it, it contains B vitamins, especially B12.

Vitamin B is amazing. I have some Junior B Complex pills. They have 25mg of Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, and 50mg of B12.

I took one before bed several nights ago. I had a huge Lucid Dream which was really vivid. The next night I did not take another pill, but I think my body still had some of the vitamins from the first. I had 2 Lucid Dreams in that night, they had perfect recall and both felt more real that real life.

The Next two nights I had no Lucid Dreams and not very good recall.

Last night I took another pill before bed. I had 2 Lucid Dreams.

These pills must really work for me. I’m waiting to see if I have more Lucid Dreams tonight without taking another pill.

Hi there. Personally I’ve never tried supplements and personally don’t feel like to. I just posted here to say one thing: if you check en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyanocobalamin, it talks
about side effects of too much B12. They seem somewhat bad, but not like they could kill you outright. Still you might want to check that.