The BIG vitamin B topic

I eat marmite quite a lot :smile: I might have some tonight, just before bed and see if i notice anything.

whats the longest time before sleep you could take b6? i took 200 mg at about 7 o clock and another 100 at about 11, asleep at 1. is that to much of a gap between pill and sleep?

davide- out of all the things i’ve done that should have killed me, i’m not to worried about vitamins :content:

Hmmm that’s interesting. I normally eat a lot of Marmite but I haven’t recently. Anyway today I noticed lots of smalls lumps (like blisters, one burst) on the tips of my fingers, above the nails, on the last knuckles. Could it be a symptom of too much B12?!

“Dermatologic: Itching, rash, transitory exanthema, and urticaria have been reported. Vitamin B12 (20 micrograms/day) and pyridoxine (80mg/day) has been associated with cases of rosacea fulminans, characterized by intense erythema with nodules, papules, and pustules. Symptoms may persist for up to 4 months after the supplement is stopped, and may require treatment with systemic corticosteroids and topical therapy.”

“Nicotine can reduce serum vitamin B12 levels.” I stopped smoking today too.

Any of these? Dunno, I’m not a doctor…anyone know what it might be?

It’s probably nothing to worry about, I had it a while ago. I think it is sweat under the skin. It was when I was doing my exams and my hands were sweating alot. One of them burst in my mouth, it tasted salty, like sweat.

Nasty! I’ve never heard of or had sweat under the skin before! How big were yours? These ones are small - 1mm.

Yeah, like yours they were about 1mm and I had them all over the sides of my first fingers. They went away after about a month.

at 10 i took 50 mg of it (1 pill lowest dosage i could find) and im guna go to sleep ill post my results tomorrow

That was interesting, thanks for posting that! :smile:

Whenever I’ve tried large doses of B6, Valerian & Melatonin (sometimes Kava too), I’ve done it as one-offs, single attempts … I think maybe if I gave it a few days & tapered up (to let my body adjust to the supplements, I guess) it might be more effective.

I think I’ll try your approach & see what happens (I’ve already got some B6 & Melatonin, plus I might add some Valerian to see if that works too). I might not have the same results as you, but anyway it’ll be interesting to see what happens (especially if it helps reset my sleeping patterns, also I get kinda dry acne too, not bad just enough to be annoying, so maybe the B6 might help wth that… ?)

Also, on the general subject of B Vitamins & side effects etc, the following reports are from the European Commission (woohooo!! :content: ):

B5 toxicity:https://ec.europa.eu/food/fs/sc/scf/out80k_en.pdf
B6 toxicity:https://ec.europa.eu/food/fs/sc/scf/out80c_en.pdf
B12 toxicity:https://ec.europa.eu/food/fs/sc/scf/out80d_en.pdf

I haven’t read them properly yet, the B5 & B12 reports seem quite short & don’t seem to mention much in the way of toxicities (side effects) with these two, however the B6 report is much longer & DOES talk about toxicities (reversable ones) at higher doses, when it’s taken over longer periods of time. I haven’t read them properly though as I only just found them… :tongue:

…thanks thats just what i wana hear lol but i didnt have any sort of spectacular dream but i remembered one perfectly which took up 3 3/4 pages of my DJ im not guna bother posting it cause its soo long but yea i had amazing recall

For the past two nights I forgot to take my nightly B6 100mg pill that I have been taking for about 2 months now. Then last night I remembered to take it again and had my first Lucid Dream in about 2 weeks. Coincidence? Or maybe it had to do with visiting this site yesterday for the first time in a few weeks… Hmmmm…

Maybe that’s a similar effect to ‘cycling’ supplements, where you skip days occasionally, especially if you’re taking them over a period of time … for example, if you take the B6 (or whatever) for 5 days, and then skip 2 days (5 on~2 off) that stops your body getting too used to it, which makes it more effective. Also, you might notice a much bigger effect on the first day back ‘on’ too.

… that’s the theory anyway, I guess there’s no reason why it shouldn’t work with B6 as much as with any other supplement?

24mg melatonin?! Thats a HUGE amount! Your body makes 2-9 micrograms a night! Eeesh, I wouldn’t want to try that…

Exceeding that amoung of melatonin is very dangerious. You’re not even suppose to take more than 9 mg. You’re not even suppose to take that amoung. I talked to my doctor and he suggest that teenagers younger than 17 shouldn’t take more than 1mg and that adults should not take more than 2mg. I told my doctor most melatonin pills come in 3mgs. He along with many other doctors believe thats too much intake itself.

Thank you foo fighter for pointing this out.

I don’t think, like 7Regrets said, that “exceeding that amount of melatonin is very dangerous”. But a huge amount of something is not necessarily related to more effect. And what effect indeed? You won’t have a LD with B6 or melatonin (or if you have one, it’s just placebo. And NightNine’s results, with a LD after 9 days, look like any other autosuggestion technique). By the way, if this was efficient in order to have LD’s, I think the Lucidity Institute would sell such lucidity pills.

Thus NightNine’s experiment just sounds like a Dr Jekyll’s experiment to me and IMO it’s just an attempt for the record of the hugest dosage but it has nothing to do with lucid dreaming.

Can anyone share an experience with experimenting with B12? Most of these are abour B6, not many on 12 so… just wondering.

I found a bottle of vitamins, in the array of vitamins and minerals in it was B6. But only 2 MG! Will this even help me? I don’t think it’ll help very much. :sad:

About to go to the Chemist (?)

What do you reccomend I purchase, I know I’ll get confused from the vitamins.

Ok, why the hell are you guys taking such huge amounts of B6?
It’s 'nuff with about 5 to 40 Mg before going to bed, and if you keep on doing that your dream clarity will increase day after day…

Got a B vitamin combo pill. It contains 50 Mg of B6 in each. Did nothing. If anything I had less dreams.

any ideas?

I did a wbtb with a pill of 40 mg of b6 today, i just awoke from a increadible vivid dream.
I took a pill of 40 mg and some water, then i went to sleep (around 00:00), then awoke at 7’o. I were kinda sick so I decided to stay home from the school (I still am, going to bed after writing), I took a cup of cocao with honey, then I went straight to bed, I tried WILD but I failed.
I fell asleep to a very vivid dream, I was SO near a LD: “This sure looks like on of my last dreams, but it’s REAL!” Dammit, so close!