The BIG "Was this a LD?" topic - Part II

Yes, its a ULD , if u were not really Lucid.

What you describe shows it was a lucid moment. It’s very common that, once you become lucid, you don’t remember what you planed to do.

Theorically, you can’t. Being lucid means realizing you’re dreaming. So, if you dream that you realize you’re dreaming, hence you realize you’re dreaming and you are lucid.
ULD or FLD are dreams in which you do lucid-like stuff, like going through walls, but you are not lucid.

So, I THINK I had my first LD this morning… but did I? It started as a normal dream but inside that dream, I realize I am dreaming and take over some control.

I remember I was at the top of badly lit stairs, looking at the remains of someone I knew in what looked to be a dog dish. I look again, and it turned into… scrambled eggs? Then I hear something approaching from the bottom of the stairs. It’s a scrambled egg person. :eek: I fight one off like I was in a game (the previous events were video-game like too but I can’t remember them) but I’m freaked out.

So after it disappears, now of all places I decided to do a RC! I guess the fear triggered it. I look down at my hands. They look normal. Five fingers, etc. I look again, there’s five fingers still… only this time my fingers look gnarled. The sudden change of my hands was enough to convince me. ‘I’m dreaming!’

I could hear the egg things cornering me so I scream, “Get me to another world!”

Everything went gray, like what I usually see when I close my eyes. At this part, I felt like I had to think of what world I was going to, but I already knew where I wanted to go. The image of Halloween Town from the Nightmare Before Christmas slowly zoomed in.

Everyone is singing, but none of it felt very real. It was like a daydream, almost. So I looked up at the midnight cloudless sky and said, “Increase lucidity! Increase vision!” I waited a little but noticed no change. Then I woke up. :sad:

Was this a LC? If not, what was it?

Hi Lina! Welcome to LD4all! :wave:
It was a lucid dream. Congrats! :clap: So bad the vividness was not very good, :sad: it would have been so fun to be in a real Halloween Town (I love the Nightmare Before Christmas :cool_laugh: ).
I hope the realism will be better in your next LD. And the “scrambled egg teleportation method” was funny too! :happy:

Thank you for the verification! Yeah, I hope my next LD is better, too. Glad to hear from a fellow fan. My current LD mission is to run around there. :content: I’ve tried to do some WILDs this past week, but I can never get to the HI. I’m sure I’ll be successful sometime!

Thanks for the reply Basilus West, I hope I can get much more than a moment next time.
Lina, I would’ve stayed in that dream with the egg things, I LOVE scrambled egg!

Sometimes, I get up in the morning, sad that I didn’t have an LD but I get over it :happy: I get back to sleep, but somehow, the moment I close my eyes I find myself somewhere else and I realise it’s not real! I can open them and when I close them again I am in that place once again.

For example, a few days ago, this happened and I was in an alley being beat up by a gangster. I realised it was not real simply by knowing that I was in bed because I was fully counscious (i could open my eyes easily, wake up and then close them and be back in the dream again). I beat up the ganster easily. It didn’t really feel as if I was there, in that alleway, but the imagery was vivid.

Was this an LD or just HH? I must stress, I did not feel myself in the dream, I just saw it happen. I felt in bed. I just controled myself as if I was controling a first person shooter game, like I was playing from outside the dream.

This sounds like the start of WILD through HI.

I get that quite easily after waking up too early, too. It starts like a daydream, but it can quickly become a real lucid dream with some patience. There is a certain point where the images become 3-dimensional, and after that, the other senses start working. Good luck!

Ok thanks. Well right now I am in the 1 hour wake period of an WBTB :happy: and I had one of those pseudo-dreams when I woke up.

The part II reached 10 pages and was locked.
Part III of the topic can be found here.