the big WILD topic part I

Girls!!!Please note his last words:)

Jack what must girls think of me that iam a kind of rocket laucher…lol!

All the girls that willl react i will send to you with my regards ok?!

Lol

By Jack!

Jeff

What exactly isa the vibrations felt during WILD? I and everyone else who i have talked to about WILD experiences them, but what is it? i mean i can understand hallucinations when parts of your brain is falling assleep but why do you get a feling of being paralysed and painless electricity passing through your body?

My best guess is that the vibrations are a real signal, passed from the brain to all parts of the body, saying that it’s time to shut down. Or maybe it’s some sort of spiritual healing mechanism for the body… Or maybe it’s the sensation of the nervous system trying to switch the sense of “touch” from the physical body to the dreambody, and then getting thrown back to the real body when it sees that you’re still awake… Or maybe it’s the actual sensation of the dreambody leaving the physical body for a moment… Or maybe it’s the vibrational frequency of our dimension, and other dimensions have other frequencies… Or maybe…

I don’t think you’ll find the answer here, but the more guesses we can come up with, the better. I once heard someone say that he touched the hands of a meditating monk, and got an electric shock through his body… But that’s just something I heard once upon a time, and I don’t know if it’s true or not… No reason to doubt it though. It’d be interesting to see if anybody’s actually recorded the vibrations on an EEG or other measuring device…

1. Being paralysed is not just a feeling, it is reality. To be able to enter dream status the brain has to sever the link between sensory stimulus and the muscles to prevent motor responses - otherwise we would act out what we are dreaming in real life (eg. people that sleepwalk have a disorder whereby the brain fails to do this).

2. I often have real difficulty getting to sleep, but over time i’ve trained myself to do so out of necessity. This is the technique i use, and have been using for months - unbelievably, long before I knew anything about LD’s. I have never actually had an LD, but since my technique is clearly directly parallelled with WILD, i thought it might help someone.

First i lay completetely still, clear all thoughts from my head and concentrate on the sound of my breathing until it becomes the focus of my entire consciousness. Then i imagine that i am looking inside my head into a black void, and imagine that i hear sounds in it, over the top of my breathing. The sounds can be anything, but the one that never fails for me is the sound of birds singing. Within a few seconds I no longer have to imagine it - the sounds just appear out of nowhere, i can also imagine what they look like (i know know them to be hypnogogic sounds).

Once they are carrying on by themselves with no conscious thought, I concentrate on my hands and feet, mentally ‘willing’ them to become numb. With time they do (it is important not to move even a tiny amount), and i feel paralysis setting in. I do a paralysis ‘test’ by attempting to move my fingers a tiny bit. If my actual fingers move, the test has failed, and I have to start again.

If the test is positive, then I will realise that i cannot move them and in fact have lost all sensory communication with the environment (ie. the bed). Difficult to explain but i imagine a kind of imprint of my body inside my real body, and instead of my real fingers moving, the imagined image of my fingers moves, and outside the limits of the physical body. It can also feel like i am floating. At this point i just seem to get lost in all these new feelings and fall asleep - obviously this would be failure in the eyes of a lucid dreamer, but for me its always been success.

Sleepwalking happens in slow wave sleep and has nothing to do with the sleep paralysis that is associated with REM-sleep.
sleepnet.com/rest.html

However, there exists a sleep disorder called REM Behavior Disorder (RBD) in which the sleep paralysis doesn’t function properly during REM, and people start to scream and move in bed. The difference with sleepwalking is not only different sleep stage but also the fact that "RBD activity is usually confined to the bed and the surrounding area. "
sleepdisorderchannel.net (you will find the RBD-link on the left side, the link doesn’t function here because of acronym feature)
web.indstate.edu/thcme/anderson/NCR.html

i stand corrected, interesting stuff…

I had some astonishing success with WILD during a short period of time when I practised the Tibetan dream yoga techniques regularly. Early one morning, during my third night of practice, I woke up with a static image in front of my eyes, as if I was seeing through my eyelids. I recognised this as the start of a dream and allowed myself to pass through into the dream. I felt / heard a kind of electric ripping sensation (similar to phase shifts on mescaline), lost consciousness for a tiny fraction of a second as I passed through, and then appeared in the dream world with a satisfying thought of 'Right! Here we are." The level of lucidity and rational thought seems to be much greater than in DILD. I had two more WILDs in the same sort of way, and on the final transition I actually decided I didn’t like the image that was forming and changed it into something else.

Unfortunately my lifestyle is rather chaotic and usually busy, so I often don’t have enough energy to do the full practice. If anyone does have that kind of discipline, though, it is well worth doing it properly. The results are spectacular. I am rather ill at the moment and do not have the strength to do much preparation for sleep. I’ve had 3 LDs this week, but they were DILDs.

I can WILD at night but its usually like an OBE or Sleep paralysis type thing and it’s pretty scary. I’m concious of my sleeping body and I try to move but I’m also in a dream at the same time. And I am confused because things are going on at the time but I don’t know if my mind is making it up or its real but if feels so real.

I had a strange experience last night while trying to WILD - my eyes started moving erratically without my control but I was not dreaming anything, not even any hypnogogia. However, the big black space in front of me seemed a lot larger than normal. But I couldn’t progess any further than this, i eventually just opened my eyes because the eye twitching was just becoming annoying.

Does my eyes moving have anything to do with REM or were my eyes just twitching because I had been staring at the spot for too long?

Might just be muscle spasms like we mentioned in another post somewhere… Were you very tired?

Hey sleepy head, If I where u, I would not tie myself down to that method alone. Try incorperateing other methods in with the one u are doing. I like to think of a receptionist at a desk, she is the “gatekeeper” of sorts the check point between lucidity and unconciouse, she tells you I am your receptionist and beond is lucidity, please enter through the door on the left. Think of her all day and always be looking for her even when u are awake and eventualy you will find her in your sleep and hopefully she will be sufficiently programmed to lead u in the right direction.
remember patience and persistance is the key.

let me know if this helps tomiosis@juno.com

This topic is continued here:

Part 2