The BIG WILD Topic - Part XI

OK - I don’t really understand it very much, you see. The WILD section definately needs improvement.

Hi all,

I hope everyone is having better success with WILD. I had WILD #5 last night. The initiation into the LD was like my WILD #4 (which at first I did not believe was a WILD). I wonder if this “technique” will continue to work but I think it may just be luck.

What happened was this: I woke up after 6 hrs of sleep then tried immediately to go back to sleep. I resolved my LD intention…basically, I just let go after that. I think I blacked out…all I remember is that I was aware of a dream scene slowly emerging into brightness in gradations…it was like it was coming alive - fading in. As this was going on, a shred of me was conscious and I realized the dream scene was being created. At this point, I simply concentrated and willed myself into the dream and it worked.

This is much like my WILD #4 - where the dream scene seemed to emerge in gradations from the blackness and “come alive” -

I have noticed the reverse phenomena when I am in an LD and the dream ends…the dream fades out into blackness.

I think the key difference in these WILDs as opposed to other techniques is that I am barely conscious, just a shred of my consciousness remains, enough to pull me into the LD and then my consciousness comes back online. In the past I have been too aware to perhaps let go and it is harder to WILD.

I think the problem with this is that I am only WILDing by luck - i.e. it probably would be very easy to just totally blackout, lose 100% consciousness and just fall asleep normally with no LD. :shrug:

Cool! I would say it was a WILD. Mostly because you talked about the dream forming. Also, when I WILD I often have a brief blackout before the dream starts. I just take a little longer to get there. Seems like you may have found a way to jump right to the blackout and into the dream. Contrary to just being luck. It could be that you are just a natural WILD er. Either way its working for you so go with it. :thumbs:

Happy Dreaming

pleban said

I doubt that. You had 3 WILD ‘S that way. I think you just have a different way of doing it. Most people have trouble just having one. Keep practicing with this method and see what happens. If you have more LD’s then you know it is working.

My LD’s were on and off this week. I am having trouble getting used to a new bed. I hope next week will be better.

Hey Milod -

I tried it again last night but no luck. I’ve decided to begin to try WILD during the weeknights as well…this may mean I will have to adjust my sleep schedule.

I hope the new bed works out soon :wink:

BTW -I’ve started to use self-hypnosis. I’ve been giving myself general suggestions (i.e. Next time I’m dreaming I’ll remember I’m dreaming, etc.) I’ve also tried to suggest that I will be able to WILD easer. I’ve also tried to suggest the creation of a dreamsig to implant im my dreams that I will recognize (I have no idea if this will work).

yeah im working on that kind of thing also-i remember seeing an episode of ‘star trek voyager’ that caught my attention because it was about these dreaming aliens…anyway one of the main characters was a lucid dreamer and he had a technique in which he would be dreaming thin he would see the moon and relize he was dreaming.
i know its just a Tv show but its a cool idea and the fact that the warpmymind files up my Dream signs only lends credit to it.
So…ill stick with this for awhile to see if it works.

pleban

That’s good. The more practice you can get the better.

Want to share something with you though:

Last night wen I went to bed it was very late and I was extremely tired. All I really wanted to do was sleep. I really did not care if I had a LD or not. (As hard as that is to believe) I started my WILD routine (was not really trying though) everything went black. The next thing I knew I was standing next to my bed in a dream fully lucid. There was no HI, Vibrations or anything. There may be something to your way

So keep practicing.

Happy Dreaming

Very cool Milod… and…once again you inducted WILD at the beginning of your sleep cycle, not WBTB.

This method I posted bout has not worked for me in the past 2 days. Tried last night, no go.

The last two nights I have been very close to WILD when going to sleep. I had some HI and I could feel myself being pulled into the HI but I snapped back into the real world. This happened both nights, the first night it even happened more than once. So close and yet so far.

Pleban

Just keep practicing and don’t get discouraged. As you know LD ’ing (especially with WILD) takes time, patients and practice. You allready know you can do it.

I wish I knew what I did the other night. I was too tired to clearly remember everything. I never had a WILD hit that fast before.

No LD ‘s last night but, I did not sleep much either. Only about 4 or 5 hrs. I have nothing to do tomorrow so I can sleep as late as I want.

Happy Dreaming

Hey Milod :smile:

How many of your WILDS are initiated at the beginning of your sleep cycle as opposed to short WBTB. I remember you said you’ve started doing short awakenings and then going into WILD. Just curious if you’re still getting more WILDs at the beginning of the night…

pleban

Lately WBTB has been working a little bit better. I think mostly because I moved into a new apartment and my new bed is very uncomfortable. I get frustrated with trying to get into a comfortable position which of corse keeps me awake. With the WBTB I am so tired that I drift into the dream or sleep quickly.

I think once I solve my bed problems I will have more WILDS ‘s at bedtime again. Now that I know I can do WBTB as well I’ll have at least 2 chances per night to WILD and even if I fail at WILD all the effort should lead to an increase in DILD as well.

In general, WILD at bed time is harder for most people. In the beginning WBTB was not an option for me because I had insomnia so if I wanted to WILD I had to do it at bed time. I like to make people aware that WILD is possible at bedtime because most people think it is impossible(which is not true). I would suggest trying it at booth times. WBTB has worked well for you in the past so don’t give that up. In stead, add to that method by practicing at bedtime as well.

Happy Dreaming

Success, this morning I had HI similar to what I have before going to sleep. But this time I managed to get into the HI without being snapped back into the real world.

Congratulations

WILD ‘S are a awesome experience aren’t they. Keep practicing.

Happy Dreaming

It’s interesting, even with WBTB (only staying awake a minute or two) it takes me quite a long time to get that feeling of “drifting” back to sleep. If I tried WILD at bedtime I know I’d be lying there for 2 hours before getting to sleep! I haven’t had an LD this week, hoping for one tonight! Good luck to you, Milod!

Congratulations on your success :wink: I think if the technique of easing into HI can be mastered it may be a great way to consistently get LDs because you can really let go and not get too caught up in SP related phenomenon.

pleban

I don’t know how long it takes you to fall to sleep. If you can fall asleep quickly then I would set a time limit on practicing WILD at bed time. Give yourself like ½ hour or 45 minutes to do WILD and if you are not making any progress just let it go and fall asleep. You my find that just the effort alone may have a MILD effect causing you to wake up in your dreams later in the night. You can still do WBTB later in the night. I only do WBTB when I wake on my own. I don’t use an alarm or anything.

Happy Dreaming

There is a free e book called a course in consciousness that talks about WILD (though it does not call it that) at bed time. I does also talk about WBTB.

You can find it here geocities.com/lucidmetro/coursetable.htm

Thanks Milod, I’m going to check this out…!

I have not had luck with LDing for the past 11 days or so, hoping for a turn around… :smile: