The BIG WILD Topic - Part XII

Hmm, it seems that i can’t WILD. I just lie here and can wait ages but nothing happens, then some part of my body just starts to hurt and i have to move :-/ Maybe some of you had simmilar problems before too? How did u solve it ? :tongue:

O yes, please tell me too ! I have the same problem !

When I first go to bed I take ages trying to get comfortable. The few times I nearly had a WILD was later in the night when I was much more sleepy and relaxed.

Basilus West and dest

You could try the WBTB method. It is easier to fall asleep and WILD works much more quickly.

If you want to do WILD at bed time you could use a progressive relaxation technique, meditation, or self hypnosis to help you get relaxed and enter a trance. Then WILD becomes much easier from there.

I seem to have the same pain thing too, and it’s always in my legs. But luckily it doesn’t happen that often. I think it only happens a few times every month but when it does happen I hate it :grrr:

I’m not going to tell my dream again, but just to let you all know I became lucid for the first time since I was about 5 years old. Doing the WILD technique. And it was about an hour after I went to bed. I laid on my back and kept waking up. I then turned over on my right side and not long after I felt the SP then I felt like I was pulled down and into my dream. Weird ass feeling but it was cool as hell. I guess I will WILD from now on! Also this post was the last thing I read last night before going to bed. so Thanks to you all. Also I think what helped the most was when people said how they felt before going into the Lucid dream While doing the WILD. It really let me know what to expect. thanks! :cool_laugh:

PS my post on this dream is here.

[First LD's and with WILD)

i found out that relaxing your body is most easily done bij concentrating from toe to top on eacht part of the body, and maybe talking like "relax your toe, your toe becomes heavy and numb, … " etc

I also noticied that keeping my concentration on my body keeps me from going further in WILD… I keep concentrating on my thougts, fantasy (that slowly turn into some little HI)

last week i felt, for the first time (on purpose, had one time accidentally), waves trough my body, but with that i concentrated on my body again and my WILD failed

I agree.

The same thing is true for me as well. When I focus too much on my real body during WILD I almost always keep my self awake. I find I need to completely let go of the real world to cross over the hypnogia. I concentrate on thing inside my head.

I’ve been getting SP a lot recently (as it’s been on my mind), not managed to turn it into a lucid dream yet though. I’m starting to be a bit braver and just letting it happen. The other night I kept telling myself ‘it’s ok’ and felt my body go almost numb (I could still move my fingers). I was lying on my back, moving a little but I had no control over this which felt very weird but not as scary as I’d imagined. I tried visualing a dreamscene but I was sleeping too lightly.

I have found this to be key to successful WILD ‘S. Just focus on your techniques and nothing else. Don’t try to do anything. Just let it happen. I found that when I actively try and do anything like enter the dream ( or whatever ) I use too much consciousness and as a result I become too awake to crossover.

I thought that I would write down a little about my WILD experieces :grin:

The first times when I got SP I was aware through the entire experience with the black void and everything. And the SP was usually quite painfull and I had to sort of force myself into the dream. I remember one time where it felt like I was forcing myself through my pillow.

Then I learned to focus entierly on HI when I did WILD. The only problem is that one tends to fall asleep faster when only focusing on HI but one can also skip the feeling of SP all together.

According to my experience it’s best to stay just so aware to keep you from falling asleep, but not so aware that you wake up. And also it’s best to do WILD when one has been sleeping for a few hours. And also just as the previous posts ‘letting it go’ works fine if you manage to stay cam through the entire experience. Anything that happens is most likely something that is supposed to happen, no matter what is happening during the SP.

And remember that WILD gives you about 90% of full consciousness, so it’s well worth the effort :cool: If I have forgotten anything, feel free to kick me in the behind :eek:

Yesterday I was on the bus on my way back home. Since it was a 1:30 hours trip and I had nothing else to do I decided to try to stop my thought process. I closed my eyes, laid my head back against the seat, focused on my breathing, and I just relaxed, and I could hear the noise from the road. After a while I noticed that my hearing would shut off for an instant, and then comes back. I was scared at first but then i noticed that my hearing would return as soon as I notice that it’s gone. I tried to prolong the duration of the hearing loss, but I couldn’t. I opened my eyes, I tried to move my head but I had this very horrible feeling, it was kinda like sea sickness, I guess, I couldn’t hold my head up for more than an instant and I felt my skin tingling. But it didn’t last long. Does this seem like I entered a trance or alpha brain waves state?

I don’t know but it seams to me that it was a normal WILD attempt… when I try WILD and have my fan on I notice that my hearing turns of an come back as fast I notice it…

I was wondering how long it usually took all of you to achieve WILD. I’ve did it once and it took me about 45-60 minutes to actually do it. so what’s the average time?

edit: hi zardos! remember me from dreamviews?

I find it usually only takes between three and ten minutes to fall asleep (successful WILD or not). Although, I only try the technique during a brief awakening after already sleeping for number of hours. For example, I might set an alarm for 5AM, at which time I’ll reset it for another couple of hours, and immediately return to a relaxed position. This makes it extraordinarily easy to get back to sleep, which means I don’t have to focus on the method for too long, which can distract me or cause me to lose interest. I also try to move as little as possible when I do wake up. If I can get away with turning off my alarm and recording a few dreams with only one arm, all the better. The less you move, the more relaxed your body will be, and the faster you’ll return to sleep. It then becomes a matter of keeping your mind conscious while your body rapidly falls back to sleep. For me, this involves concentrating intensely on a scene or object in my head. If I can keep my conscious mind active by directly controlling the imagery rather than merely observing it as it changes randomly with hypnagogic influence, then there’s a good chance I can stay conscious as the dream begins.

hey
i have been trying to WILD for a while now but to no avail. i have tried to count to 100 but all that happens is i feel like i am falling backwards. i have tried for 60 mineuts at a time. what am i doing wrong?:help:

err, thanks Atheist, but i already knew all that stuff…sorry that you had to type all that out, but it looks like you answered my question :smile:

Hey I have a couple questions about WILDing.1) it takes me a couple hours to fall asleep, and it would be much much harder to try to fall asleep in the morning when i’m not even tired, so i figure i have to try to WILD in the evening a few ppl say they find that easier, but even then is it unrealistic to try to WILD when it takes me that long to get to sleep? or has any1 (insomniacs mainly) found that by meditating on WILDing that u actually fall asleep faster?2) last (trying to get to sleep faster not trying to WILD) night concentrated on getting to sleep faster, by getting into wut i assume was a meditative type state, by TRYING to get sleep rather than just let it happen. While this did make me FEEL much more tired and less aware, i got sick of trying it after 30 minutes to an hour. I’ve tryed this a couple times b4 with the same results. Does anyone think that with practice and by trying longer this really could help me get to sleep faster?also, if i could do u think this would help me WILD signifigantly better? well thnx guys, reply soon plz.
note: i’ve never WILDed so im not real experienced in it. it sounds very interesting tho, any tips r appreciated.

I’m starting to recognise the feeling of my body falling asleep now and almost making it happen at will, just need to relax a bit more and not fear SP

sometimes I try WILD, and I seem to get some results now and then…
but i’ve had two ‘types’ of WILD.

1. WBTB, slept for 6 hours i think, stayed up for about an hour.
    I relax, and focus on my HI, trying nog to focus on my body since i noticed that this stops me… my body feels, uh, bigger, i don’t know exactly how my body lies (i think you all know this feeling), and suddenly i felt waves going trough my body. This causes to focus on my body, which causes let the waves dissappear. 10 minutes later I had another strange sensation… my body was suddenly getting very heavy and my skin felt it was like iron or something.

2. WBTB, slept for 8 hours, stayed up for about half an hour. (i get much more dreams with this WBTB!)
    i look at my closed eyelids, at the black… don’t have much HI, but suddenly i’m in a daydream… but it’s very vague all and i can’t see everything clear. I’m also a little too involved, i’m not “watching” i’m participating.

Which WILD attempt is in the right direction? In the first one i was much clearer and i watched from a distant, but i only had abstract thought and those weird jumps (like; cirkel, egg, food, breakfast, early, sleepy time)

but in the second one i actually daydreamed… although i was to much involved… and had no sensations on my body (which i think is good because i missed them?)

i hope someone can give me some advice on this one

-Isaac