The BIG WILD topic - Part XIV

Well i dont know much since ive only had one succesfull WILD attempt but from what ive heard you have to avoid focusing on physical sensations as much as possible and concentrate on your thoughts, you could try repeating yourself that you are dreaming whenever you are in that state, i also find it comfortable to lay on my back while im WILDing and to listen to some relaxing music 4 a while, it helps me get where you currently are and then i let my thoughts wander till i see HI or something.

For WILD, no.
You don’t need HI to WILD. As long as you can achieve sp, or a deeply relaxed state, you can ld. As for what you should do. Maybe you are thinking too much and that’s halting the process. It took me forever to learn just how much I can think without staying too awake, but also at the same time not falling asleep. My guess is you get to where nothing happens, and then because nothing happens, even though you don’t mean to, you think about what to do next.

How do I think?

I think just as if I was dreaming. When I imagine something in my head, I immerse myself, but not by going into extreme detail. I do quite the opposite. I do everything on impulse. I’ll be some where and I’ll want to go elsewhere. I don’t think about the trip there, I just am there. No inbetween. If I want to do something, I don’t think about getting prepared to do it, I just do it.

Hope this helps. :confused:

I had an almost sucessful WILD this morning by doing this:

I let my thoughts wander, until I thought of the ants in my classroom the other day. Then I tried to imagine an interesting scene with ants. For some reasons I came up with a brightly colored kitchen table with ants crawling onto a peice of cake. This scene came out of my SC. Then, I tried to imagine what the side of the cake would look like. When I did this, I actually saw a weak image of the side of the cake, and got a jolt in my stomach. This jolt pulled me out of the HI, though.

The trick is to while regaining conciousness, let your SC dictate your thoughts. It just takes practice.

I actually have 1 more question.

If you don’t use hynognic imagery for WILD then you won’t see anything right? So if you don’t see anything how do you enter the dream? Do you just get up out of bed when you think you’re asleep and actually in reality you’re getting up out of a DREAM bed in a DREAM room?

Thanks

Generally speaking, most of the WILD’ers who don’t have HI use to spin around their axis when they have another kind of hypnagogic hallucinations. Then they find themselves in a LD.

Hey I found this WILD webpage. This guy talks about a song induced WILD. I had never heard of that before, sounds interesting…

Does anybody have a song I could use that I could, (cough), download from the net??

aramisw.com/luciddreaming.asp

Reyth

I found it!

It’s Dream On by Aerosmith!!!

Every time that I look in the mirror
All these lines on my face gettin’ clearer
The past has gone
It went by like dusk to dawn
Isn’t that the way
Everybody’s got their dues in life to pay

Yeah, I know nobody knows
Where it comes and where it goes
I know it’s everybody’s sin
You got to lose to know how to win

Half my life’s in books written pages
Livin’ and learnin’ from fools and from sages
You know it’s true
All the things come back to you

Sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter and sing for the tear
Sing with me, if it’s just for today
Maybe tomorrow the good Lord will take you away

Well…sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter
And sing for the tear
Maybe tomorrow the good Lord will take you away

Dream on, dream on, dream on
Dream yourself a dream come true
Dream on, dream on, dream on
And dream until your dream comes true

Dream on, dream on, dream on, dream on
Dream on, dream on, dream on…aaahhh

Sing for the laughter
And sing for the tear
Maybe tomorrow good Lord will take you away

Sing for the laughter
And sing for the tear
Maybe tomorrow the good Lord will take you away.

:happy: :happy: :happy:

YAHOOOOO!!! :thud:

Reyth

Man it’s scary out there in song download land… Looks like I’m going to have to pay $1.00 for the song and you know what? That’s not a bad deal since I only want ONE song…

Reyth

Hey, I just had an interesting experience that I thought I might related to you all.

A few hours ago, I settled down to nap, with the intention to WILD. After lying still for a while and observing hypnogogia, I felt the familiar sensation of SP spreading through my arms and legs, as usual, and allowed the process to progress as it would, which in this case was unsurprisingly quickly. After about ten minutes, my heart began to race and my body began to tingle; I also felt a sensation of movement, as if I was rushing forward at high speed. This is probably the closest I’ve ever come to successfully inducing a WILD; it seems I was right on the threshold.

However, the odd occurrence happened when I noticed that the strong, tingly feeling described above was basically removing all traces of SP from my system. I quickly found I could feel my limbs again, and that they were soon very easy to move; soon after, I got out of bed, feeling awake but rather let down. Just to be sure, I did an RC with the clock next to my bed, and, sure enough, I was wide awake. Seems the regular process somehow worked in reverse. :eh:

Any thoughts?

I have a couple questions to do with WILD.

1. Whenevrer i try to wild, i can usually forget about my body pretty quickly, and i think i may be getting SP but i dont know, when u have SP can u seriously not move at all? cuz if i try i can move my arm and such.

2. I get to a point wheere i keep thinking about weird things, that make no sence, but then i quickly think logically again. Then for some reason i like feel my eyeballs behind my eyelids start to wiggle super fast, its hard to keep my eyes close when this happens. I havent got HI yet i think, but then when im in my supposedly SP and all that, it all goes away, and i have to start again. Its really fustrating

Ive experienced similar things… No SP for me yet, but i’ve just been at it a few months. Been slacking off kind of lately, though… Anyways id say you get better at it with experience.

For all the beginners here, counting your breathing isnt the best way imho (Im also a beginner :smile:)
Whenever i count my breathing i end up waking up with my heart beating very fast and breathing very fast.

I’ve tried to WILD 2 times so far. I do it when i go to bed and with the WBTB method, but i dont get out of bed. I Just go right to sleep after i wake up. And i also have this strange thing, whenever i tell myself to get up after the dream, i usually get up after 6 hours of sleep.

Anyway the first time i tried to do a WILD i used the counting breath method. But as i said i ended with a rushing heart and lost concetration.

Yesterday however i tried the count breathing till you feel vibrations then look at the HI. SO what happend is that i got the strange vibrating feeling. Im concentrating and I begin to see images, but i think that right at the point im about to see HI i loose concentration and wake up. What am i doing wrong? To much concentration?

I also felt my eyeballs going very fast from left to right and my eyelids and my cheeks getting pressed together very fast in a gentle way. This also breaks my concentration. This akes it very hard to keep my eyes closed, and my eyes open a bit.

Yesterday i also heard a strange wooom, wooom, wooom wwwwooom sound.
After a time i wondered what it was and got out of bed but didnt see anything outside. Was this a HH?

Sorry if it is too long, but i need these questions answered.
Im also a quick sleeper, usually within 10-15 minutes. (I get the feeling of going tosleep after raching 70 with counting)

So what do I do while performing a WILD exsorcise? Do I keep my eyes closed and count to a certain number until I feel a vibrating feeling, then open my eyes and look at something in my room? Or what? I’m still lost on WILD.

Try to do WILD after you wake up in the morning after 4-6 hours of sleep. WHen you first go to bed you need to pass 90 mins before youll get a dream.
After some sleep youll enter REM-sleep much faster.

So when you wake up after some sleep (you can wake yourself by an alarm or some people (including me) wake up themselfs when they say they’ll wake up)).
Then dont move, lay still, keep your eyes closed.
Look at the colors or images you see behind your eyelids.
Dont focus ont hem, try to watch them like watching a movie.

If your lucky youll see images turning to dreamscenarios and as youll watch them youll enter the dream lucidly.

Counting is imho too much to concentrate at. I usually wake up again after just entering the vibrating stage, because of heart racing and fast breathing.

I have tried WILD the last three nights. Each night I try I think of a dream like in VILD until i feel vibrations and I have partial SP. The problem is I can still hear all normal sounds, I can still move - if really wanted to, and I do not see HI. I look with my eyes closed and see nothing. Also, once I feel the tingly vibrations my heart rate increases greatly. I think about a dream and this allows me to calm down, but I do not know what is to come next. I do not know how to continue on with WILD.

If I’m right, I have to relax and become less aware? And then maybe I will start to feel more SP and maybe some HI? But if someone who has successfully done WILD could tell me if I am correct about this, or what comes next, that would be great.

I have a feeling I wont see HI, so I will try the “rolling along axis” thing

Are you trying to WILD when you going to bed or after some sleep?
Its hard to WILD when first going to bed. First try to WILD after some sleep, if you succeed, then try to WILD when going to bed.

ok thanks hekimoglu!

I have been trying right when I goto bed and I get close, but just cant enter a dream. I will try after 5 or so hours of sleep…or can I do with less? Isnt your first REM period around 90min after falling asleep?

I am having a lot of trouble with this. The main reason I am sticking with it is because, lucid dreaming sounds really neat, and WILD seems to be the best technique, once you master it. Problem is, I certainly havent mastered it. Last night I set my alarm for 6 hours after I feel asleep. I woke up at 330, coincidentally 2 minutes before my alarm was supposed to go off, and I started to do WILD. I get to the point where I have partial sleep paralysis (like when your leg falls asleep or something and it tingles if you move it) and I also feel sort of shudders or something everynow and then. All of this doesnt alarm me at all, but my heart rate becomes very rapid. I try visualizing something, listening to my breathing, counting to 100, looking at HI (which I do not see, unless Im doing it all wrong?), and I also try the spinning along your axis thing. It seems as if I’ve been sitting there for 20-30 minutes quite awake with partial sleep paralysis, and nothing more.
I think I am either:

-Trying too hard
-Need to relax more
-Need to let more of my consciousness slip away

If someone who knows about this, or has these problems, I would greatly appreciate your input.

I used the have the same problems while WILD’ing. The best thing to do is make sure you’re totally relaxed and focus on your breathing. If counting doesn’t work, try to visualize yourself climbing stair or something.

Not everyone sees the same types of HI, for instance I don’t usually see swirling colors, I just hear sounds. I’ve heard of other people just feeling vibrations. Apparently its different for everyone.
:wink:

I think its better not to focus on your breathing.
When you fall asleep, your subconsiuos takes over your breathing and as long as you are influencing your breathing, your subconsiuos will have hard time to take it over.

Yesterday i tried to WILD again after some time. I noticed that if you dont do a relaxation exercise, you just cant get past the numb feeling in your buddy. I usualy just let my thaught wonder, while focussing on my body. As soon as i get the falling down feeling, i focus my attention on the phermines or something. (those things you see before HI start).

Yesterday i had a feeling like falling down VERY fast which kinda scared me and broke my concentration. I also heard had HH, in the form a weird sound of something screaming (like a cat in pain or sumething) and moving behind my house. That also scared the shit out of me which eventually made me give up for that night. Tonight ill try again :happy: