The BIG WILD topic, part XVI

Thanks Basilus West!

I know it’s been a while without much luck with WILD, but I figure eventually it’ll start to work. I’m sticking with it because recently I have been able to relax extremely well and get vibrations. Whenever I try to pretend like I’m spinning or rocking, I get more vibrations, and I think keeping this up will yield results. I tend to keep WILD down to 10-40 minutes now so I’m feeling alot better about it too!

Correction. You WILL have insomnia. I’ve done it before. I know. And it was very painful the next morning with back/eye aches.

I am semi-new and I was wondering…

Does noise prevent a WILD from working or is it possible to get by with slight noise? :help: :confused: :help:

I always have the fan on and I’ve been able to WILD. I’ve been able to WILD during a nap with music playing as well. I can also tell how close I am to the dream state judging by how loud the white noise is (that ringing noise in your ear). Noise doesn’t prevent WILD unless you absolutely cannot sleep if there’s noise. (I think)

Thanks! :content:

And another thing does accidentally swallowing mess up wild also?

Yes, but swallowing is a general relaxation problem and it disappears with experience. Just don’t worry when it happens and focus again on your WILD practice.

/me is sure he answered about 100 times to this question in this very thread. :wink:

Listen to him! It works. Eventually, you just ignore it. I’ve had the problem for a while, and once you finally start ignoring it, the brain gets the picture, and the mind just learns to completely ignore it.

Ignoring seems to be the rule of thumb for WILDs…

I’m a beginner at trying to LD, and I’ve been working on my Journal, remembering dreams, etc. etc. etc.
Recently, I think I almost experienced a WILD when first going to sleep.
I lay in my bed, working on the self-hypnosis technique to remember my dreams, and my limbs started to feel heavy. I was confused, so I moved them. Suddenly, the feeling vanished. I tried again, but failed. A few nights later, the feeling returned. Guessing it was sleep paralysis, I let it stay there. The feeling spread, and I began to consider my idea confirmed. Then, things went wrong. The paralysis “affected” my chest, making it “hard” to breathe. I was taking in little gasps of air before I gave up and just breathed deeply. The paralysis vanished. In all subsequent attempts, those were the best results I’ve gotten. Can anyone help me?

Sounds like SP to me. Some people have reported difficulties breathing during SP. Sounds like you were very close… All I can say is just relax when SP settles in, don’t get too excited, and keep at it.

But, that’s the problem. I tried. How does one relax when they believe they’re about to suffocate?

Ignore it and trust the fact that you actually don’t. I’m talking like this, but I couldn’t actually do it until now. :wink:

I remember having seen a topic, a long time ago, where an experienced WILD’er said this suffocating feeling was due to a pre-sleep state when your body was assuming your breathing automatically.

Ha… I remember having a talk with Atheist about this a while ago. I wasn’t worried my first WILD because even though I couldn’t feel myself breathing anymore as I entered the dream, I couldn’t feel anything else, so it is just reasonable that if you stop feeling your body when you fall asleep, you stop feeling your breating also. And plus I was in a dream, and I just assumed that if you begin to suffocate in your sleep, you will automatically wake up.

I tried WILD today for the first time, and a few minutes after I put my head down, my eyelids started going crazy! Then I started counting, and I got up to 804 before the phone rang and I had to pick it up. But before I got up, my body felt numb and it took effort to move myself. How can I tell when I’m asleep? How do I know if I’m ready to start LDing?

Depends on the person. For me, for example, I hear tinnitus (I’ve been calling it white noise, but I found out that that was actually the name of the noise of wind blowing… :meh:), and when it gets really loud and dies off, I usually know I’m dreaming. Sometimes I’ll get visual flashes as well. It really depends on the person, but I’m pretty sure you’ll know when it happens…

Thanks!

My body also takes a really long time to get numb. My legs and arms numb, then lastly my stomach, which seems to take ages! Is there any way I can speed this up, or am I doing something wrong? On average, how many counts (“One I’m dreaming, ect.”) does it take for your body to become numb?

Also, after my body numbs, what do I do? Should I be expecting something? Should I stop counting?

I have been attempting to WILD for 6 months and have only had one real experience with it. I have tried almost every day and don’t seem to be improving. I think I have isolated my problem with being too conscience or aware during the whole process. I do get to a bit of HI now (not when I started) but never get into scenes just brief pictures. My technique is usually counting which is why I think I am being too aware and conscience. My question is what technique should I try to get me less aware and allow me to drift into sleep and deep into HI. Does anybody have experience with this problem and how did you solve it??

I almost had a WILD recently. It was late in the morning, and I had gotten distracted by my thoughts. I don’t remember exactly what happened, but I heard HH of my mom talking about a cousin of mine, and I tried to roll my dream body out of my physical body. I was about halfway out before I accidentally woke up entirely. Good progress, right?

Can someone tell me if this was a HH? I was practicing WILD, and I heard the sound of a little girl singing. I couldn’t make out the words, and it didn’t sound like it was real. It sounded very hypnotic. It went on off, and I couldn’t get it back after a while. If I hear the sound again, what do I do? Do I concentrate on it?