The BIG WILD topic - part XVII

I’m pretty sure I was concious. I left my bed (after looking at my hand) and was in a big fancy soiree. I remember thinking “This is very yellow” since everything had a very golden tinge to it. I went through the open door that led to the patio, and decided I wanted my best friend to appear. I looked at the bench, and intended to see my friend sitting there. She wasn’t, and I was confused (since I thought that was what happened in LDs). I turned around, and she was standing there mingling with some people. It had been a really long time since I saw her, and I was just so happy that I just looked at her for a long time. But then some people I didn’t like kept talking to her, and I could just make them disappear. When I was satisfied with who was there, I just stopped and watched. I think that was when I lost lucidity. Then my dream continued.

I think I tried about… mmm, six or seven times.

It’s interesting how people have colors as their dreamsigns. Are they always colors? How do I find my dreamsign?

A dreamsign, for me is basically something that stands for dreaming. Like for example you swim in a lake of pudding. That’s a sign for a dream, thus a dream sign. I don’t think it’s something special like a “spirit guide”. If you get lucid by it, realizing “hey, this can’t be!” you have “found” your dream sign, if you like. I never heard about the color thing though. Tell me more.

Well, it depends. I, for example, find that in many of my dreams, I’ll show up in school, so I tell myself that whenever I’m in school, I’ll RC.

For some people, there is a lot of… say… pink stuff. When they see something pink, then they should do RC.

I don’t think this belongs in the Big WILD topic, though…

Heh. Sorry for getting off topic.

i just realized the subconcious/unconcious falling asleep process has glitches. if your subconcious knows you’re awake, why does it do things to test your conciousness such as create an itching feeling? shouldn’t it know if you’re awake because of concious activity?

Ok, As the subject says, I can’t do WILD… Here’s what I do, tell me if I do something wrong

1. Before going to bed (10pm/11pm to 11pm/12am)

I relax, read about LD, Drink tea, not do any tough phisical activity

1. First 30 minutes in bed (11pm/12am to 11:30pm/12:30am)

Meditation (Clear my mind, do the muscle contraction-release technique)

1. Sleeping Time (11:30pm/12:30am) I get in a comfortable position (usually on my stomach with one arm under my pillow), Do the “Going down stairs” trick (100, I’m dreaming, 99, i’m dreaming, etc…) let my thoughts fly by without paying any attention to them AND DON’T MOVE!

Here’s the problem… I just don’t fall asleep! During my meditation and the counting down stairs thing I do feel somekinda paralisys but it’s more like lazyness to move (I could still move my body but i’m too damn relaxed to want to do it) but no paralisys, no HI, nothing!! And I usualy get tired of standing there after an hour or 2…

So am I doing anything wrong?! or am I missing something?!? Feel free to ask me any question on my night time routine and thanx in advance! :smile:

I have the same problem. After learning about the REM cycles, I concluded that the time right when you first go to sleep is not the best time to try WILD.
I think to make it more effective, you should do WBTB, and do WILD only when you go back to sleep.

Experts, correct me if I’m wrong about any of that.

I also do it with WBTB and it’s the same thing… :sad:

Don’t worry about it. It took me 5 or 6 tries using WBTB to be able to do WILD, and I’ve only used it twice successfully, out of 20+ tries. I’m still working on it.

Not having HI isn’t neccesarily a problem, from what I understand not everyone has it. Just keep trying :wink:

no HI is posible… as I don’t recall any moment in my life where I couldve had it… but still no paralysis though… :sad: but i’ll keep working on it… and i’ll succed eventually… :smile:

something i do is i wait awhile in bed and do nothing exept what you would normally do when you’re going to bed. let yourself relax and go to sleep normally. passively as you can, pay attention to yourself going to sleep and try your technique once you are fairly tired. good luck.

will try… thanx for the tips! :smile:

Not succeeding with WILD is fairly common among beginners; in fact, from the few people who I have asked that have managed to WILD, it usually took them months of practice in order to master it. It’s really all about perserverance, and even I haven’t bothered with it. After about a month of trying, I decided to quit it, and for only one reason. I was having enough DILDs as it was at the time, so it didn’t matter to me all that much.

As long as you keep trying, I hope that you manage to get the hang of WILD eventually. :wink:

I thought of that too… it’s true I only started trying 2 weeks ago… but i’m percevering, and I did get one DILD so I know i can LD :smile:

I’m not entirely sure if this is true. I personally have never experienced such sensations during WILD.

It does seem that WILD is like a paradox in itself… I mean, you’re falling asleep, yet you’re still ‘awake’, or aware for a better term.

Yes, WILD definitely takes longer to fully get the grasp of. I think it took me 2 weeks to get my first one and another month or two to finally get the hang of it.

MILD was definitely a different story. Had success with it on the third night. I don’t use it though, I prefer WILD, since it would be hard to relearn if I gave it up.

Alright, here’s what i’m doing… It’s 1:30am right now and i’m going to bed later than usual, and I got up early this morning so i’m more tired than usualy when I go to bed… I set up my cellphone to wake me up at 7:00 for a WBTB… i’ll try WILD after my usual 30 minutes meditation and see if I feel like I get closer to HI than usual… at 7:00 i’ll post what happened and once I wake up normally after i’ll post the rest… wish me luck!

alright, it’s 7am… I guess I dozed off when I went to bed or something because I remember counting down and then waking up just now XD so no ND either… :sad:

So i’m WBTBing right now… i’ll read the forum a but then get back to sleep trying to WILD…

Splitted from the “Weird problem” topic, which was about RC’s and merged into the BIG WILD topic

i have a problem too.

i have been using WILD and i get all the signs that i expect; HIs, SP all that, and i see my dreams take form infront of me, i just can’t get into them! it’s as if i can’t become one with the dream!i see them begin but they end as soon as they start. i am very aware and have progressed alot (i don’t doze off anymore), but i can’t seem to get around this problem… :help:, please!