The BIG WILD topic - part XVII

Maybe you are not fully in the dream. Try to close your dream eyes, relax a little more to get deeper in the dream (without losing consciousness, of course), and when you feel ready, open you dream eyes again. Or try focusing on the detail of something in the dream, like go up close to a wall and look for some small cracks, and focus on them until it is clear and you feel you are part of the dream.

It may also work if you will yourself into the dream or assure yourself that sooner or later you will become part of the dream. Also, you can try to focus on a small object within the dream and imagine it pulling you into the dream. I haven’t really experienced this myself but I’ve read a bit about it.

Also, last night I tried WILD and was quite close, I was extremely tired though, so it didn’t work as well. Here’s what I did.

I went to bed, and I fold my blanket so that half is over me and half is under me and put both arms under so they’re nice and warm. Then I breath for a while, ensuring myself that I will have good recall and have a lucid dream. After I close my eyes and concentrate on my breathing using Lucid_Mike’s tech to count each inhale and exhale. I also try to grasp the sinking feeling that you get when you breath out and keep my body in that position and imagine that I’m sinking. Once I feel a numbness in my body I try let all the feelings of my body and head. Then I begin counting the breathing again, by this time it has slowed down without my knowing. I also just watch the dots float by checking to see if there’s any strangeness with the patterns. If there’s a thought that sort of stresses me and makes me think too much, I let it loose and tell myself that I don’t have any worries right now, I’m going to sleep. So it goes away and some images appear, it’s slight and not vivid as if it were there so I just watch it. I also tried to reconstruct the bridge in a previous dream and re-experience the swaying of the bridge and how i felt. It sort of helps in making some images more vivid as they pass by. But by the time I can see the images vividly, I pass out and it’s black and I’m in a dream but I’m not lucid but I can somewhat remember that I am in a dream but I never do RC’s.

So, any advice on how to stay lucid other than counting because my brain usually forgets where it is and soon I have to restart and sometimes I black out and counts from the last number I remember.

One thing that you have to rember when you try WILD is that it is hard! Lots of people try it, sometimes for years, and then give up and do MILD or DILD with RC’s as the primary tech. for LD’s.
If you are going to keep at WILD then you have to be patient.
When you start, the first BIG problem is learning to stay awake enough that your mind does not go to sleep, but asleep enough so that your body does. This is different for each person. You have to learn how you can do this. Different methods work for different people. Some people listen to music, some count, some listen to the ringing in their ears, some listen to sounds like the humming of a computer, some pay attention to the HH etc.
Once you learn to fall asleep, while your mind is awake, then you have to learn how to stay in the dream state, and take control of your dream. Some people don’t have any problem with the seconed, but just about everyone has problems with the first. I am at this point now. I can take control, but then I wake up. I have to learn how to let the dream stabilize befor I take control, or how I can stabilize it fast enough that I don’t wake up. Note: I have been working on this for about two months now. I have been working on WILD for about five. :bored: I am getting closer :grin: but I am not there yet.

drumsticks77 wrote:

Like MatrixManNe0 said, I also don’t think that this is true. First the itch does not nessasarly come from the subconcious, it can just be the nerves ajusting to a lower level of activity. Kind of like what happens in sensory depravation. As for the subconcious, it has a lot of reasons for doing things that your concious does not know about. That is one reason that we can not just say “Hey, subconcious, I want to have lots of LD’s and remember them all” and have it work. We sometimes have to talk our subconcious into it, or trick it kind of like what we do with WILD. We let ourselfs fall asleep, but keep a bit of ourselfs awake. That lets us kind of get there without the full help of the subconcious. Looking at it that way, it could be that then the itch is a way that the subconcious is trying to take control agian, not letting the concious take over the dream state.
don

I have little question to experienced WILDers: how long did it take for you to master this technique?

About a couple of months for me. But really, like getting a first LD, it varies from person to person.

And how did you try to WILD? With or without WBTB? Are you able to WILD without WBTB? And if you are, is it much more difficult than with WBTB? Because I wouldn’t want to wake up in the middle of the night every night and I try to WILD when I go to sleep…

Um. WBTB is so much easier to WILD for me. But then again, it’s easy for me to WBTB because I wake up randomly throughout the night.

I used to WBTB naturally for a while, never needed an alarm since usually I just put them to sleep because I feel so tired. Have you ever tried to use afternoon naps with WILD? I’ve tried a few times to sleep about 3-4 hours before I sleep and it sort of helped my WILD-ing but reduced my recall for the days I tried it. But now, my recall is getting better and WILDing is much easier though sometimes, something like an itch or the feeling of my eyes sets me off for a while. I never get to the point that I’m in the dream yet and I don’t see the dream scenes like others describe. Only HH, HI and sometimes I hear really creepy things that I know is coming from my head but sometimes I get startled awake by some of those sounds. So, how long was it before you came to the point that you were almost in the dream?

i have been having two problems with WILD lately, i wonder if any of you have any advice:

1. when i do everthing step properly, i see my dreams, but it’s like i’m not part of them. i can’t get INTO them- how can i over come this? i have heard of ‘rolling’ out of your body, but how do you do THAT? :confused:

2. i found counting ‘1, i’m dreaming’ only HELPS me fall asleep, what is another good way to stay alert?

please, please, please, if you know anything that might help, PLEASE post it. :help:

1. This seems to be only possible if you have SP since you can easily roll your mental/spritual body from your physical one, it’s sort of like astral projection if you believe in it.

2. I’m trying to figure that out too. Sometimes when I find I’m falling asleep I do mental math, something that takes some mental energy to figure out then return to counting or watching the imagery and that sound in your ear… I need to remember what it’s called.

Tinnitus. :wink:

I knew it started with a ‘t’ Thanks MatrixManNe0. xD

hey i do wilds by breathing then counting. I stay conscious but one time i did it and i was at 300 or so and i woke up because of my houses smoke alarms but i went back to sleep at 5:30am and woke up at 7:45. I was wondering if it is normal to be awake that long and not dream. Also there is this eye that appears sometimes in the black pattern stuff, i was wondering if i should maybe try and reach out and grab that.

How long had you been sleeping before you woke up at 5:30
Most likely you did dream, you just simply don’t remember it.

Grab the eye! See what happens.

what i mean is it took place between 5 - 7. But last night i was at a store in one of my dreams and i looked at the shelf and looked away and it changed. So i said oh im dr… my dad walked up behind me in my dream and scared me and i forgot all about what i was gonna say.

First WILD!

I’ve yet to post my most recent dreams on both here and SeaLife (I’ve neglected that site for some time though. Bad Mocha) But I just had to say that WILD give a spectacular experience especially for the first time.

I remember waking up at precisely 5am this morning, trying to WILD on my back and counting and saying I am dreaming. less than 30 mins passed and I felt anxious so I opened my eyes did an RC and looked around. Frustrated I went on my side and tried to fall asleep naturally, I felt uncomfortable so I switched. I had my head on my arm and was counting, looking at the strange shapes as they passed me by. Suddenly, my ears feel like they went inside out and my body was forced into another dimension. In front of me was darkness and a sheet of paper facing me and I read one. It said ‘no name’ I thought, I have a name, how odd. Then I looked around and returned to it, it said You are dreaming which was what I was thinking of the whole time I was ‘floating’. Then the sheet of paper had cut out in it, with scenes of dreams passing by. I waited until it was stable and imagined it coming straight at me, the dream scene engulfed me and it was pitch black, I waited thinking this is normal, the dream will come soon. And it did! This is just the experience of it, I’ll have the dream in my journal.

Last night I attempted WILD (I attempt once everynight) and at one point I let my thoughts wander. I was drifting off to sleep but I was just awake enough to feel wierd sensations. Finally all my sense shut off and it felt like I was being sucked into an abyss. I felt the dream coming on then all of a sudden my eyes opened by themselves. This was a bit ironic considering I was just reading about the whole getting “kicked out” while trying to WILD yesterday also. I’m getting closer though.

Something like that happened when I entered my second lucid dream, I was so close to finishing the kin quest too.

I attempt WILD every night, and last night I was very close - I had very vivid HI (I never had HI, or at least that vivid HI), or it could be even a beginning of a LD :smile:

close but no cigar, it happend to me many times