The BIG WILD topic - part XVII

Hello,
i did WILD this morning, but tv in my living room is turned on with high volumes that can be hear in my room.

When WILD and there such a sound what must i do?
hear the tinnitus?

When we cross the sleep barier do the sound from my living room gone?

Reply is appreciated

Well, if you can go to sleep with your TV on, then you can certainly LD with it on as well.

You don’t always have to concentrate on a sound when WILD’ing. Some people count to keep them focused, some try to follow their breathing.

And when you fall asleep, sometimes you hear outside sounds, sometimes you don’t…

I’m new here, because I was really excited to start having LD’s. I looked at the techniques, and felt that WILD would be best to start out. This is the first time I ever attempted to have a LD, and it worked!!!

I remember counting, then, all of a sudden, there was a ramp. I just knew I was dreaming. There was a ball sitting at the bottom of the ramp. I grabbed the ball. Then, one of the boards on the ramp flipped up. I couldn’t believe it; it was Ryan Styles (google him if you haven’t heard of him). Instinct kicked in, and I threw the ball right at his forhead. Suddenly, another man popped up, and led me into the dream.

I never intended on setting what the dream would be about, so I let my subconsious take care of the work. I ended up in the roof of an old Southwestern American town, like a Spanish town. I had a sword, and some nutcase was runnin g around, whacking everything. I got into this wicked sword fight, then, next thing I knew, it ended. I knew it was a dream, and I did have that sense of control. It was freakin awesome.

I can ignore things like itches and twitches when WILDing. But there’s ONE thing that keeps happening and ruins my concentration: involuntary swallowing. I’m sure it’s a common problem, does anyone know how to fix it?

I never did anything to get into Wild. It’s just normal for me.
In the mornings when i am still sleepy. I don’t think of anything but i know im there. If i stay sleepy enough i see images soon after and then i can go right in.

(sorry for my bad english)
but i think the people here try to hard to concentrate ect and that’s blocking them from getting into sleep and dream. You need to be a little aware but not to much.
I used to try to astral project and i had the same problems. I was to awake had problems whit all sort of things swallowing to much, to warm, pain. This way never worked for me.

So last night:

I woke up on my own around 4:00 AM. I decided to try some WILD-ing again after having a DILD for the first time in several months out of the blue.

I did pretty well, or at least better than I usually do. I was able to almost completely ignore my swallowing (huge improvement)–after a certain point it seemed as if the swallowing was very far away, as were just about everything else. I even felt at one point like the sound of my breathing was coming in front of me–I guess I was just becoming really dissociative with my physical body.

The problem was, I couldn’t get to sleep. Usually the problem is that I fall asleep quickly, or I get tired of trying to stay concious. But tonight, I really couldn’t get to sleep. It was weird, because I was tired, and I wasn’t focusing very hard. Everything seemed perfect. But I just wouldn’t budge. At a couple of points I imagined a meter measuring how close I was to falling asleep and I was trying to get myself to relax and “get there.” But then the delusions/hypnogogia (the kind that make me forget what I’m trying to do) started kicking in, so I would suddenly jolt back to full mental alertness and have to start over.

Meanwhile, my body is like a rock. I haven’t moved at all this whole time, everything begins to get numb and tingly. At one point the bed seemed to start shaking, not like an earthquake, but as if I had just jumped onto a water bed, or I was floating in a canoe. Eventually I began feeling sore, and I wasn’t sure if it was because of some sort of sleep paralysis or because my limbs were falling asleep (in the figurative sense). It became almost painful, so I opened my eyes finally, and began to turn over.

I looked at the clock: 6:02 :neutral:

As I was turning over, it felt like I was moving in extremely slow, matrix-style motion. That’s how tired my body was. Then I fell asleep. But it’s a long weekend with Labor Day, so I’ll have some more tries that won’t result in expensive sleep loss.

Since I have school the only method I really can try is WILD.

Okay I’m in my bed, I start relaxing and counting my breathe. I read about the part with the “hypnagogic images” and I’m quite sure I’m having them. Sometimes I can see some light, maybe flashing or jumping, in different shapes. Then suddenly I get this feeling that it’s getting darker and I’m going kinda… deeper into the bed. Then I start getting this sucking feeling in my arms. Pulling in me. I kinda stop counting my breathe, but I can still think perfectly clear. I think: Is it happening now? This pulling think sounds like a OOBE. What should i do now?" I see some different lights and i get a feeling like i’m beeing pulled either out of my bed or through my bed. Like I’m going into another place. I try to relax and let it pull me, until i get a feeling that it’s done. Then i’m afraid to open my eyes, but since I don’t feel no more strong pulling, I finally do it, just to see that i’m still awake.

I think that I were really close to doing it right. It’s the 2’th night I’m getting this pulling thing. I hope some of you can tell me what to do, I believe that I’m doing something wrong when it’s pulling me, and i want to know what. ^^

Thank you in advance.

Getting any sort of unusual-seeming sensation during sleep is probably a sign of “getting there”. I don’t know just what happens when a WILD is successful; my guess is that the dreamscene sort of fades in, but again, I don’t know.

Ahh come on, someone gotta know. I don’t believe no one on this forum have tried WILD.

standing up strech the whole body from the fingers to the shoulders, up the neck…the whole face up to the forehead, then back down to the shoulders all the way to the toes.

lay down contract all muscles cat-wise, like a cat. relax all muscles. breath through the nose, be silent within. wait…eyes shut, picture a pyramid. quiet! pyramid pyramid pyramid repeat pyramid (within).

when a pyramid is seen, grab it with your hands. look at your hands, look at the pyramid, look around.

your dreaming

But that’s not how I do WILD. I experience it differently, and so do many other people, which is why some of us can’t help you.

@ saeghwin:
it easier to say it than to do it but you have above all to fall asleep in order to WILD. After a WBTB, you generally don’t have to wait such a long time before entering a LD. Thus you mainly have to feel the sensation of falling asleep. I think that your mind was alert too much.

And after two hours of not moving, :bored: it’s quite normal that your body starts to become painful.

@ Willey:
The lights are not the HH, they are phosphenes. By the way, it’s not important cause you seem to have hypnagogic body sensations rather easily. You can try to gradually increase the falling/pulling feelings. You can also try to spin around your axis.

WILD and WILD’ers are rarer than DILD and DILD’ers. And as MatrixManNe0 said, WILD’ers have each personal sensations and methods. For instance, I don’t have dream body feelings, the only times when I WILD’ed, it was through visual HH.

Yeah, I guess that’s it. I just can’t seem to find the holy middle ground between falling asleep outright and staying awake. I tried again last night, and the same exact thing happened. Except this time, I moved around every once in a while to avoid any painful side effects, and I only did it for about an hour. Unfortunately, I had trouble getting asleep for the next hour anyway, WILD or not. So maybe I should just stop and go to sleep after half and hour if it doesn’t work–otherwise it seems like my body wakes up too much for me to go back to sleep.

A little off topic, but this is beginning to annoy me: I keep waking up at exactly (EXACTLY) 6:58 everyone morning. My alarm is set to go off at 7:00. It’s really weird. And this morning, I was having this really cool dream where I found a ferret-sized fox and put it inside a clear container (thought it might have rabies :shy: ). Then I woke up and thought, “Hmm…I wonder what time it is…oh yeah it must be 6:58.” And it was. :eek:

ok the questions to the story before that story:

How far did I make it to lucidity and what steps where still to come?

I went to bed at ~3am (quite late, I know, but I watched a movie) and woke up at 9. Then I wrote in my DJ, had a smalltalk with my parents and was on the toilet. As I went to bed again, I concentrated on relaxing and it worked as usual: my body felt very heavy and somewhat numb. To get me even sleepier, I squared all numbers from 1 to 50 in my head, which got quite boring so I stopped at 50 and decided to make the other 50-100 when I try next time^^
Then I tried to write numbers in the sand, with my finger and it was really hard to concentrate on that. Every second number it flew away and I had to redraw it. As I painted 50 numbers in the sand, my body still felt the same :confused: but as I concentrated on falling asleep, it was like falling into a big black hole. And it felt like it, at least a bit. As I reached the bottom, I just teleported up and dropped again. But after that I fell into a cave, not just a totally black hole. And I even visited other planets and moons in our solar system, but I was still awake and felt my real body… However, the I had an exciting feeling every time I was in danger or just … died…
And as I finally decided to get ripped apart in a black hole, I sat up in bed again.

The feeling was really awesome, but I was definitly not dreaming, only visualizing. Maybe I had to many noises around me, like the cars in front of the house or my mother telling my father what to do and such :content:
When I was back to reality, it was 10am.

(and I did an RC to prevent a FA)

Hi BaYoNeTTe,
it was a curious experience. I don’t think it’s completely WILD’ing but it’s interesting indeed. I don’t know how to classify this. :confused: By the way, this experience won’t perhaps happen again, so it’s no need IMO to try to find steps from it towards LD’s, unless you have many other experience like this.

hm no, not by now. On fridays and saturdays I don’t go to bed before 1 am and I fall asleep too fast at this time. That’s why I will try it this night again. I’ll report if anything special happens

The furthest ive gotten with WILD is pretty much right before the HI [should/would] start. My body is tingling, I get the falling sensation, I can feel my heartbeat in my face, my ears are ringing, and it feels like somebody would shine a light over my eyes every few moments. (no not lights from passing/turning car)

But the “advanced” HI would never come. Last night I was pretty much stuck in that state for over an hour, tonight im trying again.

How do I advance beyond this point?

Some people (like me) do not experience HI when WILD’ing. Basically, how it happens for me is I feel SP and hear tinnitus, and afterward it all subsides. After those fade away, I am still lying in my bed, but I am dreaming.

To answer your question, you may not have to, or you might already have.

Today morning I experienced something between advanced HI and ND, because I had almost no consciousness. When I woke up, I realised that it was very strange mix of my thoughts and memories, funny feeling :razz:

I tried the chaining technique (pretty much WILDing) last night. But I didn’t wake up for the first time until about 6:30, and the sun was starting to come up, so it got harder and harder to go back to sleep. I’ll keep trying it though.