The Color RC Technique

well Tsen, I’m afraid poking my hands over and over would make me seem a little corrupt…lol. I’ve used that realise RC before Newb, but my main problem is, sometimes in a dream I’ll perform that kind of a check, and then I’ll persuade myself that I am not dreaming, and then the next morning I want to pound my sub-c! lol. Always worth a repeat though :smile:

There is a certain shade of yellow which marks objects as mine in dreams. I could RC every time i see that colour, and sometimes i do, too. Looking at my mobile phone to see if the display makes sense is a nice RC to use in public…

Hey Siiw! almost didnt recognize you there! Didn’t realise you changed your name. :happy:

Yeah I can’t do the mobile phone part… My school has banned cell phones, and if you are cought having one out or using it, they pick it up and you have to pay a 15 dollar fee. People were using it to cheat and yada yada. lol…I think I’ll try and stick with the “realising” RC. Or perhaps ask myself how I got here.

Just for wondering purposes…anybody used this tech? if you did, how long did you last…lol. I’m finding it a tad hard :smile: But you know me, I’ll do anything for a LD!

Isn’t there an RC where you read something, then look away, and then read it again. I think that one could be good to use in public.

I know exactly what you mean though. I decided to do an RC everytime I saw the colour red today. When I got on the train I saw red like everywhere I looked, so I kept checking my hand, then I started to get weird looks from people sitting around me. :neutral:

lol yes. one day i used time as an RC and looked at my watch. And there was brown everywhere. So I kept looking at my watch and my friends are like, uhh you in a hurry or something? hehe I can’t tell you how many people give me the look when I plug my nose…

Maybe it would be a little more practical with a more uncommon colour? I work in a flower shop and would probably have to RC all the time.

lol Siiw that would be funny and make me go insane… I chose a very common color, because most of the other colors randomly appearn, and each dream has a different random color. But with brown, I notice it in all my dreams, and notice it EVERYWHERE in real life…lol. Maybe I’ll RC when I see brown and only RC once when I’m in that room. Not sure how I should set things up…don’t want to do too much, yet not too little.

Ben what about pushing you hand through a solid opject? You can do that pretty much unnoticed.

I found the other topic, merged the both and gave to the result an easier to remember name. The first topic where it was told about color RC’s was there :
https://community.ld4all.com/t/new-technique/14283
But performing a RC when seeing a color was not the original idea of the author. The RC was performed when a general topic was seen (sky, clouds, cars, etc.)

BTW, I’ll soon propose a brand new method, called BRCILD. It means for “Banana Reality Check Induced Lucid Dreams”. I won’t reveal the principle immediatly, I have some more little tests to do, but I think this very efficient technique will be ready on about April the 1st, 2006. :puh:

lol thanks Basilus West. Link basically described what I needed to know!

I have been trying this for a while…whenever i see something red, i do a RC and ask myself if i am dreaming. But from what i can remember from my dreams, i havent seen anything red yet… :neutral: :bored:

haha yeah I didn’t even get as far as you did. I kind of gave up on this method because of lazyness. My daytime life is just too busy!

i guess this could be very effective if its combined with VILD. You can just use VILD to create a dream where everything is a certain colour, then you will do a RC when you see the colour for sure

well steve I think the main idea is to pick a color you have already regularly seen in your dreams…not just a random color :smile:

This works, there was another topic talking about MELD where you pick a common thing and RC whenever you see, it, I got 3 of my 5 LDs this way, using green. And trust me holding your nose will only attract attention from other LDers, and that’s not really a bad thing.

At night when i have awoke from autosuggestion to see how accurate i got.
And saw my cellfone watch …
It was 14 44 and changed to 14 45 .
I gueess the clock was wrong `cos I tried out every RC possible , they all told me i were IRL and not dreaming !

The phone was ok in the morning :cool:

Certainly a simple yet probably effective form of LD induction. I am going to try it over the next few days.

ive not heard of this RC, how is it exercised?

It’s explained in the very first post of this thread. Didn’t you find it? :eek:

/me gives a magnifying glass :look: to wanderer nico :tongue:

hehe, whoops. seems i mistook the post at the top there to be the first in the thread :shy: . have to keep my browser 4"x4" at work. runs away and hides :peek: