The lucidity challenge - LC1, LC2 and LC3

I don’t want this topic to die since -=JaSoN=- couldn’t be taskmaker, I’m willing to do it.

Task maker: Magnus
And since it’s been a while since last time, I don’t know how many from the first time that is left, so I decides to start with an empty list, and when the list reaches 10 persons, I will post the first task.
So hurry up and sign up now(keep yourself updated with this topic since I won’t send out any PMs about this).

taskmaker: Magnus
Dreamers:

1. pasQuale
  2. Lizzahy
  3. onorm
  4. Rodrigo
  5. Umbrus

/me signs up :hyper:

:peek: as long as mag doesn’t make ebil tasks like lose the game in your LD or something

I’d love to play, I’m not sure about the time zones, though. Hopefully it’ll work out. Anyway, sign me up! :content:

I will go for a second round!

So, sign me up plz :smile: The first round was fun!

May I suggest to extend the time for one task because in the last days of the week, there were so many possible tasks that it was hard to keep focus, in my opinion.

Hm… sign me up as well, I’ll try it out.

I’d like to join if you don’t taking an LD newbie. I haven’t actually had any Ld’s yet, but I think I’m very close(had a dream about LDing the other day).

I’ll sit out if someone else wants the spot.

don’t worry umbrus you are in.

taskmaker: Magnus
Dreamers:

1. pasQuale
  2. Lizzahy
  3. onorm
  4. Rodrigo
  5. umbrus
  6. ilovelucid
  7. Siiw
  8. TwilightDreamer
  9. Dragon73

This is what we got so far, when we have 5 more persons we will start, and I’ll try and have a solution for the time problem too.

Sign me up!

/me is in :cool:

don’t worry Umbrus, you might consider me as a LD newbie too :smile:

In the last (and first) round of that game, even without getting lucid, I manage to “induce” task into my ND. How great is that!?!

wouldn’t be useful for me to join this, i’d lose every time i joined, because i can’t even remember any of my dreams most nights, i haven’t had an LD in like half a year and i can’t induce actions in dreams either

I want to try. It will be interesting.

I’ll have a go :grin: the past few days recall has been a problem :sad: Hopefully this will improve it :smile:

Thanks for the reminder Magnus, I want to join too :cool:

About the timezone thing, maybe you can just say that you should dream about it from … to … and post the new task as early as possible, and you can still post your dream after the new task is posted, but just remember to put a date on it.

The timezone trouble is solved this way, instead of the LC for one week, the time is doubled so that you have 2 days to complete each task.
Plus remember you can always try and do them later in the challenge to but then you will not get the 10 bonus points.
I will post the first challenge tonight the deadline will be 18:00 GMT so that means Tuesday 18:00 GMT the next task will be posted and you should dream and post before that if you want your points and bonus.

The rules of the game can be found in the first post:
[The lucidity challenge - LC1, LC2 and LC3)

So watch this topic for updates, first task to be posted 18:00 GMT today the latest.

If you don’t know when 18:00 GMT is, look at the time of this post.

The second task will be posted at monday 18:00 GMT.
The first task is:

Get a Dream Character in your dream to tell you about one of his or her dreams.
Ask the question but no reply= 5 points
Ask the question and get a short reply like, I had a dream about monkeys=10 points
Ask the question and get a description of the whole DC’s dream=20 points.

yay :happy:
i always like asking DC’s questions ^^

I will so have a LD tonight… :hyper:

Ok, time zones are making this a mess for me to figure out. :tongue:
The first challenge was made on Saturday GMT, and the second one is going to be tuesday, so that makes 3 days instead of 2 right?
Also, how will scoring work with the increased time? Do we just take our highest lucidity score and whatever task points we can manage over those days, or is it still scored nightly?

Regardless, I went to sleep shortly after the time of the task post and I just woke up from my very first lucid dream(I think)! I’m not totally sure, because when I woke up, my first feeling was that something was off about myself during the dream, and some of my actions were inexplicable. I think part of this may have come from slipping in and out of lucidity at a few points without really noticing. Nevertheless, I was aware that I was dreaming for almost the entire dream, which would seem to make it lucid by definition. :smile:

I didn’t actually see the post though, so no task related events.

[LD]The first thing I remember is having intensely strong knowledge that I was dreaming. I found myself staring at my hands for a fairly long time, noting how the fingers were transparent and how there seemed to be one too many on each hand. As I stared I became more and more convinced that I was dreaming. I then held me a nose for a second and found that I could breathe, at which point I no longer had any doubt and immediately became very excited.

I kept myself together enough to think clearly though. I was in a spacious secluded room and I didn’t feel confident enough to leave, but I wanted to try flying, so I just sort of floated up to the ceiling and hovered around the room. This wasn’t very exciting, but it helped me get acclimated. After a while, I came down and checked outside the door.

The environment warped a little and as I came out I found myself outside an open door to another room. I went inside and found a girl there who seemed to be expecting me. I felt a strong urge to kiss her. She sensed my intention was willing to go along with it, but here expression was completely blank. I touched her on the shoulder and said “You don’t have to if you don’t want to,” to which she simply replied, “I don’t want to.” So I let the whole thing drop and moved on elsewhere.

I lost lucidity for a while here as I soon found myself riding in a car next to a DC I’ll call Su. After a moment, she turned to me and said "There’s not much point in just sitting in this car. You know you’re dreaming, right?"I did another hand check and. . .

became lucid again. I turned to her and say “That’s a good point. Thanks. By the way, would you mind reminding me the next time I’m dreaming?” She agreed happily and I stepped out of the car.

I was now standing in the driveway of my house. There was a door that was split 4 unevenly sized glass panels. The smallest panel was half broken with jagged edges in the middle and the largest one had some writing etched into it, which I couldn’t read. My mother appeared and asked me to bring a handkerchief through the door. I pushed it through the broken panel, being careful not to cut it on the sharp edges. Then she gave me another, much larger one, which I could tell would only fit through the largest panel.

In order to accomplish this task, I decided to turn the glass into a liquid. I motioned towards it with my hand and focused on it. Soon afterwards the entire glass panel started to flow. I pulled the handkerchief through, but as I did so, the letters etched into the panel fell off. I was concerned for a moment, but my mother rubbed the panel with a cloth and the letters appeared once more.

I turned back towards the driveway and saw one of my classmates standing next to a bicycle with a can of “death” colored spray paint. He said provocatively to me, “Hey, does killing bicycles end lucid dreams?” I told him that was ridiculous. As he started to spray the bicycle with the spray paint I felt everything rapidly slipping away and I suddenly remembered that he was absolutely right. Killing bicycles does end lucid dreams! I woke up.[/LD]

Ahh such an amazing experience! :rofl: Sorry if that was too long. I’ll try to keep it shorter next time.

umbrus: Thanks, you pointed out my mistake, the next task will not be posted on tuesday, it will be posted on monday(tomorrow).
The scoring will work as normally, even a normal day, you can sleep several times :wink:.

what a cool LD umbrus! :happy: I love how your DC helped you stay lucid, and the ending was just funny :lol: great dream! I think he deserves bonus points for that magnus :tongue: He did talk with DC’s and they did talk about dreams :yes:

I haven’t had a LD last night, i’ll try again tonight :smile: