The Mental Scream method

…it worked again!

It seems like I have to be kind of tired for it to be succesfull though.

I was close…
Toinight I was having a very light sleep, in the dream I entered a place I’ve been before in another dream, and that awakened me, but not fully, I someway was in the dream too, and I tryed to scream very loudly, and it maked some kind of effect, but when I stoped screaming I was out of the dream…
Then I continued dreaming from where I left the dream (sort of), but non lucid.
I guess I need a lot more practice.

this works just about every time i try it

What are the prerequisites before you can “scream in your head” ? As far as I understand, you have to be in the HI stage, haven’t you?

no, i haven’t had HI when i’ve done it yet, i’ve just always had strong visualizations

back, sorry i took forever,
yeah you dont have to be in HI to do this, just pretty vivid vision in your mind, HI would be even better though,
as for the other questions:
i usually have it dark in the room, and no sounds but thats personal preference.

So this visualisations you talked about aren’t HI?? I had an impression they were. So you’re saying you can get lucid just by purposely (bad word) visualize anything you want and sceaming when its time to??? COOL!!

i’ve tried this everynight since i heard about it and i’ve been lucid a majority of the nights but if i didn’t have a LD then i had very vivid dreams and remembered every detail of the dream

oh! I’m so trying this tonight!

It worked for me, lastnight while doing WILD, I tried it, and I had a FA after I screamed, but I didnt recognize it as a FA, untill I woke up. Allso, as I screamed I could feel my astral body moving around, and I allmost pulled out, but I didnt get it far enough. I am deffinatley going to try this again tonight. Thanks for posting your technique.

I tried this morning while my wife was getting ready for work… There was a little too much clutter and noise going on around me, but the screaming definitely felt like it was taking me deeper inside of my mind. I think this might just be the end-all-be-all WILD method for me. I would guess that, with practice, the screaming may become unnecessary as my mind/body learns what it feels like to go so deep…so quick…

You’re right buddy, I really don’t even have to scream anymore.

:happy: I deffinately have to try this, I’ve recently started trying to have an ld lately after stopping trying durring the school year :happy:

Well 293, congradulations, I think you have just recovered one of the many holy grails :razz: Thats a lot of success from a lot of people…Gotta try this…

i scream for my dream!! (lol)

just another question…anybody tried this during an afternoon nap?

it works at any time of the day for me but the placebo effect plays a big part in it too

Iam confused, I thought you had to be in later stages of REM to get into lucid dreams, how is it possible to go straight into them, or are you doign WBTB

Well, basicm, there are a few studies to suggest that we don’t dream just in the REM stages, but in the other (NREM?) stages as well, but keep in mind this is from a beginner, so check with others to be sure. I’m gonna try this tonight. Probably if I wake up in the middle of the night. Thanks to 293 (is that right?) and ilovelucid (nice username, btw) for pointing it out.

That’s right. And there are not just a few studies, but I think that the whole scientific community agrees on the fact now. But NREM dreams and REM dreams are different, NREM dreams look more like normal thoughts, that’s probably why many WILD’ers say they have problems with visuals or dream vividness.
BTW, I would like to have more accounts about this “scream technique”, I still haven’t understood how it works… :sad: