The Mental Scream method

The thread is rather old, then I changed the title so that it could be found more easily. Previous title was: my progress + technique

I thought I’d update you all as to my progress with lucid dreaming since 1 year ago when i couldnt do it at all, i know that when i was still new to it, hearing other’s abilities helped alot.
I’ll just tell you about last night as its my latest expirience:
I am able to jump straight into the void that exists between the dream world and real world within minutes of trying.
I am able to feel both my real body and my dream body at this point, and i can explore short range surroundings with my dream body. from here i can concentrate into a dream or lucid dream (whichever is determined by my state of mind at the time, its hard to control that)
but yeah, i am able to jump straight into lucidity without waiting the long usual way.
basically superfast jumps into lucidity.
its a technique i havnt heard of before
if anyones interested in my technique i’ll post it up.

post it man, what are you waiting for? :cool:
All techniques that work are interesting, well almost… :wink:

basically once I lay down i become absolutely still, shut my eyes and go limp,
one minute in i will start visualising anythign at all (the actual LD wont be related, usually)
and here is the unique part, once the visualisations are strong (5 mins in or so)
I need to scream in my head (not for real)
just really intensly scream anything at all in my thoughts, it doesnt matter what and i will suddenly feel a jolt of dream-motion and i am there, fully lucid in under 8 minutes.
I dont know why but intense thought on something i say in my head sends me lucid straight away.
strangely… i can induce dry-orgasms from here :wink: :razz: :razz:

wow, worth to try, going to do it tonight

Wow, thanks I will definatley try it. My problem now is getting relaxed fast.

that comes with practice, as you are able to relax more and more, it will come quicker…
one method i have heard of is a “button”
first… relax - meditate, sit in a vibrating recliner, get into a hot tub, whatever it is, however long it takes… just get as relaxed as possible.
i feel this works better with somebody’s help, but can also be achieved through self suggestion/hypnosis…
have somebody touch a spot on your body (the flesh between your thumb and forfinger for instance) and have them suggest that whenever you feel pressure there you will fall into the same state of relaxation.
your mind will then associate pressure (or pinching/rubbing) that particular spot on your body with relaxation and as an aid to quick-ease, you can apply pressure/pinch/rub that location as a sort of “button” to remind your body to relax.

i suppose i have a similar thing, when i hit my pillow, i relax instantly, just an ingrained suggestion that i worked into myself.

best of luck

Ogotai

That needed to be said :wink:
Anyways, sounds interesting indeed… I think I’ll give it a shot :dream:

Interesting! I’ll try it tomorrow night, but tonight I’m conking to the lovely sound of Stephen LaBerge talkin’ about Lucid Dreaming. Hopefully it’ll do something. Thganks for the idea!

Dili Dali

Sounds cool. Im not sure if I understand though.

You just visualize any object and scream at it in your head?

Do you do any thinking about LD’s?

Thanks

Also do you do this when first goin to bed at night, or after you wake up once in the night?
Sounds like you basically are performing a WILD and using the concentrate on something, which in your case is the HI then the scream when transcending.
but i dunno anyone agree?

interesting… what do you usually start visualizing?

hmm do you keep the tv or any lights on whilst your performing this and also, what’s the purpose of the scream ?¿

I’ve done the same thing a few times, but mostly the screaming turns into mumbling and then I fall asleep :tongue:

I tryed screaming, and it got me into the visualizations, but it was for a couple of seconds, I wasn’t too sleepy to work

hey!! i have the ability to just make my body go limp and just totally relaxed, i always have… it may have been because it was 5 this morning when i tried it but it actually worked. i don’t know why it sounds like that would be something that would only work for you but it was like i closed my eyes started visualizing stuff till it was really strong, then i screamed at it and it like jumped me into the dream and when i opened my eyes i knew i was dreaming because i remembered just trying that and it was a great LD!!

(Yay. You stayed after all, ilovelucid. :content: )

ok i’ll leave then

Please come back again then…

lol. stop being so childish people …

I just tried this and I didnt suceed, BUT I have to say that this silent screaming in my head is helping me out somehow.Feels like pulling me into the other world or so. I will keep trying for sure.